Veterinarian upper west side nyc
Upper West Side
2012.08.01 05:37 phil_s_stein Upper West Side
2008.04.18 01:45 nyc reddit
nyc, the subreddit about New York City
2009.11.02 04:43 Captaintripps A little wonder in Northwestern Queens.
We are a neighborhood of 170,000 people in the most-diverse county in the United States. This is a highly-moderated sub.
2023.06.03 00:05 expose_the_flaw I have very bad winged scapula
| || |
I have been dealing with this for 3-4 years now that I know of and I am just in so much pain and discomfort. I saw a physical therapist 3 years ago but when trying exercises she recommended, I impinged my shoulder so all remaining sessions were just her icing my shoulder. I just saw a personal trainer to get help but all it ended up being was a sales pitch into getting me into a 6 month body building program. submitted by expose_the_flaw to backpain [link] [comments]
I just need to know what is going on here. It looks like my entire upper back is slanted. What muscles are weak? The personal trainer said I have alot of imbalances. My upper trap is bigger on one side. Something has started getting impinged right under the shoulder blade on the arm doesn't have the Bicep tattoo. What exercises can anyone recommend,???
2023.06.02 23:56 Thelastfrontiers Solo Trip Report: May 17 - May 29 (LONG)
| || | submitted by Thelastfrontiers to VisitingIceland [link] [comments]
I will post the resources used at the end of the post but here is the full itinerary. May 17th (Arrival)
I arrived at KEF around 8 AM, I scheduled the pick up time of my van at 10:00 AM, around 9:15 AM the person from Cheap Campervans picked me up at the airport and drove us to the Happy Campers place. Van pick up was smooth and easy and headed towards Reykjavik since I scheduled a reservation at 12:30 at Sky Lagoon.
Stayed at Sky Lagoon for around 2 hours, did the ritual ( It was a nice experience, I'm not used to go to this type of places so it was a new experience for me).
Drove to the AirBnB I booked and died for a few hours there, then I walked towards Hallgrimskirkja and just walked around in that area, visited Harpa, Sun Voyager and ate some delicious hot dogs at Bæjarins. I stopped at a Bonus store on the way back to the AirBnB to grab supplies for the trip and I arrived once again at the AirBnB. May 18 (Golden Circle)
Woke up, had breakfast and drove towards Thingvellir. I parked at Parking 1
and walked around the park for a few hours, visited Öxarárfoss, Logberg, Almannagjá etc. It was windy and rainy but fortunately I was prepared and had a really great time, although it was a little bit crowded on some parts. Thingvellir
Next stop was Brúarfoss. I didn't do the whole hike due to the weather so I stayed in the new parking lot
that they have, if I'm not mistaken the price was around 750 ISK, the road is gravel but any 2WD can access it without a problem if you are careful. Place was beautiful and there were maybe 2 or 3 persons there.
Drove to Strokkur to see the Geyser
, stayed there for a bit until the Geyser "exploded" and took some pictures and then left, beware of the smell here.
Drove to Gullfoss
and I parked in the lower parking lot, I walked to the side of the waterfall and it was incredible, trully a highlight of the day but make sure to bring some really good hiking shoes/boots and some waterproof equipment.
Finally Arrived at Skjol Camping
which was pretty good, had a pizza and a beer in the restaurant they have and went to sleep. May 19 (South)
First stop of the day was Kerid Crater, you need to pay 450 ISK to enter but it's a beautiful view, walked around the crater and left.
Drove to Seljalandsfoss
, you also need to pay parking here and it was very crowded when I arrived, walked to Seljalandsfoss and went behind the waterfall. Walked to Gljufrafoss and entered the cave, make sure to bring good waterproof shoes here cause you need to walk in water to enter the cave.
Next stop was Skógafoss
, simply amazing, I stayed for a bit inside the restaurant that is in front and had something to eat in the meantime that the rain stopped a little, once it stopped I walked to the waterfall, I went up the stairs towards the Fimmvorduhals trail and walked for a mile or so and then I returned. Skógafoss
Drove to Kvernufoss
, wow, one of the hightlights of the trip. I walked down until the end where the waterfall is and just stayed there for a bit, simply amazing place and I was alone for almost the entire hike.
Drove to Dyrhólaey but unfortunately it was closed.
Drove to Reynisfjara
and stayed there for a bit.
Finally arrived at an AirBnB I booked that was just a few minutes from Vik, I was unable to find a camp that was open around that area (or maybe I just didn't do a lot of search). May 20
First stop was the Black Sand beach in Vik, really beautiful views and way less crowded than Reynisfjara.
Did the lava show at Vik and it was an amazing experience, definitely recommend doing this if you are in the area, after the show I ate an amazing lamb soup in the restaurant.
Drove to Eldhraun
, short stop but beautiful views all around.
Drove to Fjaðrárgljúfur
, road is paved all the way through and it's very easy to access, did the hike and took some amazing shots here, unfortunately mid hike there was a wind storm and I lost my lens hood of my camera and the raincoat I had for my backpack, Iceland winds are no joke! Fjaðrárgljúfur
Did a little stop at Fossálar
to take some pictures and finally arrived at Tjaldsvæðið í Svínafelli
camp, really good facilities. May 21 (South East)
Drove to Skaftafell since I booked a Glacier Hike
with Arctic Adventures, the whole tour lasted around 4 hours and it was definitely one of the things I liked the most about the trip. Once we returned I had a little bite at the restaurant that the park has and then I continued the trip. (I wanted to do the Svartifoss hike but I was a little tired). Glacier
Drove to the Múlagljúfur Canyon, unfortunately weather was pretty bad and since this was a longer hike I decided to not risk it, I was pretty disappointed cause this trail was one of my priorities but safety first!
Did a quick stop at Hofskirkja and drove to Fjallsárlón Glacier
. I stayed inside the van for a bit cause it was raining and the wind was crazy for a bit but then it calmed down and I went down to the lagoon, amazing views.
Drove to Diamond Beach but unfortunately there was no ice in the beach, after this I drove to Höfn and stayed at the camp
there. Unfortunately this was probably my least favorite camp, showers are not included in the price so that was a bummer. May 22 (East)
First stop was Mount Vestrahorn, you need to pay to enter at the Viking cafe
, I get that people sometimes get mad about paying here but I thought it was really worth it, they give you a map with the parking spots and the trails that they have, I visited the viking village which was cool even if it's fake, walked in the black sand beach and saw some wild horses roaming around, after that I grabbed a snack from the Cafe. Vestrahorn
Drove to Skútafoss. Honestly, this was probably my favorite place in the whole trip, it was simply amazing and I was probably alone for almost 1 hour until another person arrived, words can't describe this place.
Had a stop at Djúpivogur and ate at Við Voginn
, then I started the drive to the camp but I made a little stop at Nykurhylsfoss.
Arrived at Camp Egilsstadir
, If you are visiting during low season I would recommend to arrive there and then do the reservation, I made a reservation before I arrived and once I was there there was someone else at my spot, I talked with the person in recepetion and for some reason my reservation was not appearing so I had to do it once again and grab another spot. Really good facilities tho! May 23 (North)
Arrived at Hengifoss
. I didn't check my AllTrails app beforehand and the hike was much longer than I expected lol, but it was beautiful.
Drove to Fardagafoss. I was planning on going all through the end but the wind was crazy, so I decided to return mid hike.
Next stop was Stuðlagil Canyon. I recommend doing the East parking to get to the famous spot, when you cross the bridge you need to follow a road that is not paved, it is a little rough but if you are careful you can do it in a 2WD. Once you park you need to walk for a little while, can't remember but I would say it's a 1-2 mile walk to the canyon, and as I mentioned before, wind was crazy this day but I was able to complete it safely, if it was raining tho I would have returned most likely. Stuðlagil
Drove to camp in Ásbyrgi
, really beautiful but this was the most expensive camp I stayed at. May 24
Woke up a little late so I decided to skip the Ásbyrgi trails and I drove to Dettifoss, you need to be careful here cause Google Maps will have you take road 864 which was closed when I was there, make sure to always check the correct roads in road.is
, in this case I took road 862 and arrived with no problems.
Did a quick stop at Hverir, you need to pay for parking and also the smell can get very strong lol.
Drove to Mývatn and visited the Grjótagjá cave, I then drove to Hverfjall volcano, you need to pay parking here. Did the hike to the top and stayed for a bit there, the climb is a little steep but once you are up it's easy to walk. Hverfjall
Next stop was Goðafoss, parked on the East Side
and took some cool pictures, it was a short stop.
Finally started my drive to camp, I had a little scare here cause I had to drive between some mountains and that day it was snowing, I checked the road and a very tiny part of Þjóðvegur had wet snow on it, I decided to try the drive and I arrived safely at camp but it was stressful. Camping Varmahlíð
was the one I stayed that night and it was lovely, really friendly stuff and good facilities. May 25
Drove to Grafarkirkja, you need to open a little gate to access the parking so just watch out for the signals once you are close. I arrived early in the morning so I had the place for myself for like 30 minutes.
Kálfshamarsviti was the next stop, most of the drive to here is done in a gravel road so be careful, the place is very beautiful and there were just a few people when I arrived. Kálfshamarsviti
Drove to Hvitserkur, long drive but I'm used to them, also a gravel road if I recall correctly, really peaceful place, I went down to the beach, you need to be careful here not to slip.
I was initially planning on staying in Búðardalur tjaldsvæði
camping, this one is just on the side of the main road and facilities are kinda lacky and place is kinda small (I can imagine that in summer this gets full really quickly), I was walking around town and found a place called Gil Gesthouse and decided to stay there, it was a lovely stay. May 26 (Snæfellsnes / West)
First stop was Berserkjahraun, it was rainy and windy so I just made a quick stop and took some pictures.
Went to Kirkjufell
, you also need to pay parking here which I didn't know, short stay also due to the weather. Kirkjufell
Drove to Svöðufoss
but I was unable to do the hike since wind was too strong and visibility was bad, I also had to skip a stop at Lóndrangar unfortunately.
Did a little stop at Djúpalónssandur
, took some pics and left, was unable to go down to the beach.
Stopped at Arnarstapi
, rain stopped fortunately but wind was strong still but it was safe to walk around.
. I then decided to go back to Kirkjufell since weather got good and wanted to see it with good visibility, made a short stop there and walked around the lake for a bit until the wind made me return to the van.
Camped at Akranes
, wind was very strong and it blew the door for the showers. May 27 (Reykjanes)
Drove to Lake Kleifarvatn
and stayed there and walked down for a bit. Visited Krýsuvík
and then drove to Valahnúkamöl
, really nice stay here, took some good pictures and also visited the Reykjanes Lighthouse. Valahnúkamöl
I was planning on visiting Blue Lagoon but it was fully booked unfortunately so I decided to drive to Reykjavik once again and booked Sky Lagoon again. Walked around the city again and bought souvenirs for family and friends, ate dinner at Kol which was good but pricey and finally I stayed at the Reykjavik Campsite (make sure to make a reservation before hand cause it gets full). May 28
Woke up early in the morning and drove to Cheap Campervans to return the van. Return was fast and without any issues and the staff was kind enough to drop me at the AirBnB that I reserved at Reykjanesbær. I mostly stayed there the whole day to rest. May 29
Flight was scheduled for 9 am so I decided to walk to the airport and just when I was starting my walk a kind person offered me a ride to the airport. Everything went smooth and I returned home. Resources
If you have any questions please let me know!
2023.06.02 23:54 lnicolo7 NYC Show was the best!
| || |
Me and boyfriend had so much fun at the show in NYC! We drove up from Rochester NY. We were the couple dancing and singing like crazy on the right upper floor area! Everyone there was super nice. Amazing Vibes and music all around. ❤️❤️❤️ submitted by lnicolo7 to InnerWave [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:50 inkedwell Churchill Downs’ spring meet moving to Ellis Park after 12 horse deaths at famed racetrack
Churchill Downs is moving the remainder of its 2023 Spring Meet to Ellis Park in Henderson, Kentucky, after 12 horse deaths at the Louisville racetrack during the past six weeks.
Horse Racing Nation was first to report the news of the Spring Meet being moved "beginning late next week, perhaps next Saturday." Two sources close to the situation confirmed the report to The Courier Journal.
A formal announcement from Churchill is expected later Friday, according to a tweet from Pat Forde of Sports Illustrated. The track's Spring Meet runs through July 3.
The move to Ellis Park follows multiple emergency meetings in Louisville this week regarding horse safety
A closed-door summit was held Tuesday between the state and track's regulatory veterinarians and veterinarians with the Horseracing Integrity and Safety Authority. A track surface expert walked the dirt Wednesday, and Churchill on Thursday called a last-minute meeting before announcing new measures that will be implemented at the track.
Those measures include:
- Effective immediately, horses will be restricted to four starts during a rolling eight-week period.
- Horses will have ineligibility standards for poor performance: if a horse is beaten by more than 12 lengths in five consecutive starts, it will be ineligible to race at Churchill Downs until approved to resume by the Equine Medical Director.
- Pause of track-based incentives including trainer start bonuses and pay-out allocations to every race finisher. Only the top five finishes will receive payouts. Churchill Downs is talking with horsemen about what will happen to the funds previously given to lower-placed finishers.
One horse owner who spoke with The Courier Journal on the condition of anonymity said, "It seems odd that they would implement new safety precautions and announce those to the horseman but the next day there is talk of moving to Ellis Park a month early."
Trainer Ron Moquett, who started King Russell in Kentucky Derby 149, said he's on board with the move "in an effort to protect horses."
"We wake up every day dealing with change," Moquett told The Courier Journal via text. "As long as we can take care of the horses, I'm OK."
Ellis Park opened in 1922 and sits roughly 134 miles west of Louisville. It has a meet scheduled to kick off July 7.
Horse Racing Nation reported the condition book will remain the same amid the move to Ellis, and Churchill's racing office has promised to assist with travel to the track.
submitted by inkedwell
to Louisville [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:50 neuralvines Did my root canal fail?
Drink: Rarely Smoke: Vape
A week ago, I started having tooth pain. It rapidly got worse, so I saw a dentist and they recommended a root canal. I did this procedure 3 days ago.
I no longer have the waves of intense pain and most of the time, I just feel some tenderness there (still). However, if I drink cold or hot, or apply pressure (e.g eating), or talk too much, I start to get waves of intense pain again (similar to before). These can be excruciating and I'm unable to concentrate or speak or care about anything when they happen. The pain radiates to the entire side of my face and all the way down to my neck and upper back.
Is it likely that the root canal failed in some way? Should I be experiencing these symptoms 3 days after the procedure?
submitted by neuralvines
to askdentists [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:45 magic_dragon1611 Maelor II - First Westeros Single Ladies Mixer (Open)
The morning light shined across the the throne room, showering the space in a golden glow that made the blades of the Iron Throne seem like they were alight with yellow fire. Maelor sat atop his throne, sitting straight backed to avoid the fanged metal spikes that so often dug into his back. In all his years of rule Maelor had never grown used to the throne, and had always thought on Aegons words regarding the construction of the monstrosity.
A king should never sit easy.
He'd never sat easy while holding court, and for the most part his reign had been free of the problem of previous monarchs. There'd been no war or strife, and the only people who'd suffered from disease had been the Ironborn, not that he cared much about them anyway. The reavers had been quiet except for their raids upon the West, and issue that he'd see remedied within the next few moon if the Lannisters were as competent as they were rich. Maelor had found that they rarely were.
Thoughts of the realm were pushed out of his mind, at least for now. Now was time for matters of love, he hoped at least, that there would be more love than duty, more fire than ice in whoever he chose to wed, something better than the unhappy pairings that kings were known to have. To that end, this event had been planned, this fair, coordinated and put into action only a few days after the welcoming feast, another grand spectacle that would hopefully end his search for a wife before it stretched on for longer than he'd liked it to.
The throne room was less like a throne room and more like a feast hall, tables of refreshments lined the sides, each one bearing, various cakes and game, and enough wine to drown a family a giants would be provided to everyone in attendance. Grand carpets were rolled out and chairs were provided for those who would attend, allowing the option to sit if they so desired.
As Maelor swept his gaze across the room, he felt satisfied in the decorations and their grandeur, and felt that the Master of Feasts would be owed a bonus for their hard work in preparing everything; from planning the food to having the tables moved into the hall in the early morning, everything had been meticulously placed with a careful eye, even better than he could've done.
It was all ready, as ready as it could be, the Hand sat at the foot of the throne, alongside the seven white cloaks, and whichever members of the royal family who'd chosen to attend. He'd not required it of them, but had extended the invitation to them nonetheless, he'd at least liked his family to have some opinion on whoever he chose to marry. If they'd chosen otherwise, such was their loss.
Taking a deep breath, Maelor gave a nod and waved his hand toward the men at the doors, and bade them to open the grand oaken doors and begin the fair, letting the various noble ladies of the realm make their case for who should be the next Queen of the Seven Kingdoms.
submitted by magic_dragon1611
to FieldOfFire [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:33 ShootingIn8k (Selling) Just dropped some prices! D&D 4K, Ant-Man 3, Creed 3 4K, 65, 3:10 to Yuma, Tar 4K, Missing, EEAAO, Cocaine Bear, Alien 6-film Collection, Babylon 4K, Rocky 1-4 4k, Training Day 4K, Smile 4K, Belly 4K, Pulp Fiction 4K, Reservoir Dogs 4K, Bullet Train 4K, Clerks III 4K, Highlander 4K, etc!!
Question for people who also sell/buy on DCS. When is the ideal time to post? When are you looking to buy on a regular basis? Also have you noticed the formatting failing recently? I used to be able to copy and paste my previous posts and just remove the ones I've sold. Now it bunches everything up and the bulletpoints no longer function. I had to bring an older version into a word proccessor. Just werid and frustrating.
Trying to clear out my codes! If someone wants to buy every single code for a deep discount HMU I’ll sell orders of $100 or more for 40% OFF, $200 for 50% OFF, $300 for 60% OFF, $400 for 70% OFF and $500 for 75% OFF!!
Just went through and dropped some prices! Not interested in discussing discounts on single codes.
Codes Never Split Paypal f+f New Pickups
• 3:10 To Yuma - $6 4K Vudu (1 Left)
• 65 - $7 HD MA (1 Left)
• 80 For Brady - $7 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Alien 6-Film Collection - $12 HD MA (2 Left)
• American Frontier Trilogy (Wind River, Hell or High Water, Sicario) - $9 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Amsterdam - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Ant-Man: Quantumania - $8 4K MA (1 Left)
• Ant-Man: Quantumania - $6 HD MA (1 Left)
• Babylon - $7 4K iTunes (2 Left)
• Banshees of Inisherin - $6 HD MA (1 Left)
• The Batman - $6 4K MA (2 Left)
• Beast - $6 HD MA (2 Left)
• Belly - $7 4K iTunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• Beverly Hills Cop II - $8 4K Vudu (1 Left)
• Bodies, Bodies, Bodies (A24) - $7 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Bullet Train - $7 4K MA (1 Left)
• Call Jane - $5 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Clerk III - $6 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Cocaine Bear - $8 HD MA (1 Left)
• Creed III - $12 4K Vudu (2 Left)
• Creed Trilogy - $18 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Devotion (2022) - $8 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Don't Worry Darling - $5 HD MA (2 Left)
• Dreamgirls - $5 HD Vudu, iTunes (1 Left)
• Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Theives - $10 4K iTunes/Vudu (2 Left)
• Empire of Light - $6 HD MA (1 Left)
• Escape From LA - $8 4K Vudu, iTunes (1 Left)
• E.T. - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• Everything Everywhere All At Once - $6 HD Vudu (2 Left)
• The Expendables 1-3 - $5 HD Vudu/iTunes (1 Left)
• The Fablemans - $5 HD MA (2 Left)
• Fantastic Beasts 1-3 - $6 HD MA (1 Left)
• Flashdance - $6 4K Vudu, iTunes (2 Left)
• For the Love of Money (2021) - $5 HD Vudu/GP (1 Left)
• Frozen (Disney) - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• Frozen II (Disney) - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• Green Mile - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• Heat 4K - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• Highlander - $7 4K iTunes/Vudu (2 Left)
• Hot Seat (2022) - $6 HD Vudu/iTunes (1 Left)
• Interstellar - $6 4K itunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• Jaws - $5 4K MA (2 Left)
• Jurassic World: Ultimate Collection (6 Movies) - $18 HD MA (1 Left)
• Knock at the Cabin - $6 HD MA (1 Left)
• Licorice Pizza - $5 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Lightyear - $5 4K MA (2 Left)
• Lilo & Stich 2-Film Collection - $7 HD MA (1 Left)
• The Lost City - $6 4K MA (2 Left)
• Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Mack & Rita - $7 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Magic Mike 3 - $7 HD MA (1 Left)
• Marlowe - $6 HD MA (1 Left)
• M3gan - $7 HD MA (1 Left)
• Men (A24) (2022) - $6 HD Vudu (2 Left)
• Menu - $6 HD MA (1 Left)
• Midsommar - $5 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Missing (2023) - $9 HD MA (1 Left)
• Moonfall - $6 4K iTunes/Vudu (2 Left)
• Nightmare Alley - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Nope - $6 4K MA (2 Left)
• The Northman - $6 HD MA (1 Left)
• The Old Way (2023 Nick Cage) - $6 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Pearl (A24) - $5 HD Vudu (2 Left)
• Plane - $8 4K Vudu, iTunes (1 Left)
• Pulp Fiction - $7 4K iTunes/Vudu (2 Left)
• A Quiet Place 1 & 2 - $8 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Rambo 5-Film Collection - $12 HD iTunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• Rambo: First Blood - $12 HD iTunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• Rambo: Last Blood - $12 HD iTunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• The Requin - $6 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• The Rescuers 1 & 2 - $8 HD MA (1 Left)
• Reservoir Dogs - $6 4K iTunes/Vudu (2 Left)
• Rocketman - $6 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Rocky: The Knockout Collection 1-4 - $18 4K Vudu (2 Left)
• Seriously Red - $6 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Shazam: Fury of the Gods - $9 4K MA
• She Said - $6 HD MA (1 Left)
• Smile - $7 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Sonic 2 - $5 4K iTunes/vudu (1 Left)
• Strange World - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Spinning Gold - $7 HD MA (1 Left)
• Supercell - $7 HD VUDU (1 Left)
• SuperPets - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Taken 1-3 - $8 HD MA (1 Left)
• Tar - $9 4K MA (1 Left)
• Thor Love and Thunder - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• Till - $6 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Top Gun Maverick - $7 iTunes/Vudu (2 Left)
• Training Day - $7 MA (2 Left)
• Turning Red - $7 4K MA (1 Left)
• The Untouchables - $6 4K iTunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• Walking Dead Final Season (Eleventh) - $8 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Warm Bodies - $5 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• West Side Story (2021) - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Where the Crawdads Sing - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Whitney Houston: I Wanna Dance With Somebody - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• The Wolf of Wall Street - $6 4K Vudu/iTunes (3 Left)
• The Woman King - $7 4K MA (1 Left)
• Young Sherlock Holmes - $5 HD iTunes/Vudu (1 Left) Collections/TV
• Columbia Classics Vol. 3 - $36 4K MA (1 Left) $6 per title (Not for sale individually)
- It Happened One Night
- From Here to Eternity
- To Sir, With Love
- The Last Picture Show (Director's Cut)
- As Good As it Gets
• Fifty Shades Trilogy - $6 HD (1 Left) (1st and 2nd are Unrated and 2nd should redeem in iTunes and port in 4K)
• Game of Throne Season 4 - HD iTunes/vudu $3
• GOT: House of Dragon S1 - $18 4K Vudu (2 Left)
• Ghosts: Season One - $7 HD Vudu
• Jordan Peele 3-Movie Collection (Nope, Us, Get Out) - $12 HD MA (1 Left)
• Now You See Me 1&2 - $8 HD Vudu (1 Left) Disney/Marvel/Star Wars (Unsplit, No DMR)
• Avengers: Endgame - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• Avengers: Endgame - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Beauty and the Beast (Live Action) - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• The BFG - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Black Panther - $5 HD MA (2 Left)
• Call of the Wild - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Captain Marvel - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Cruella - $8 4K MA (1 Left)
• Disney Nature: Bears - $5 HD MA
• Finding Dory - $5 HD MA (2 Left)
• The Finest Hours - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Frozen - $5 HD MA (2 Left)
• Inside Out - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Iron Man 3 - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• The Jungle Book (Live Action) - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Maleficent - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Moana - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Oz The Great And Powerful - $5 HD MA (2 Left)
• Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Saving Mr. Banks - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Sleeping Beauty - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Star Wars: Force Awakens - $5 HD MA (2 Left)
• Star Wars: Rogue One - $4 HD MA (3 Left)
• Star Wars: The Last Jedi - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Thor: Dark World - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Wreck it Ralph 2 - $5 HD MA (2 Left)
• Zootopia - $5 HD MA (1 Left) 4K Movies
• Almost Famous - $7 4K iTunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• Arrival - $6 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Bad Boys for Life - $5 4K MA (1 Left)
• Bourne Legacy - $5 4K MA (1 Left)
• Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - $5 4K MA (1 Left)
• Deadpool - $5 4K MA (2 Left)
• Despicable Me 2 - $4 4K iTunes (3 Left)
• Dirty Dancing - $6 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Escape Plan 2 - $4 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Fast & Furious 6 (Extended) - $4 4K MA (1 Left)
• Fast & Furious 7 (Extended) - $4 4K MA (1 Left)
• Fate of the Furious + Extended - $3 4K MA (Extended Director's Cut is HD) (FREE WITH ANY PURCHASE OVER $5)
• Fifty Shades of Grey - $5 4K MA (1 Left)
• Force of Nature (2020) - $4 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Hidden Figures - $5 4K MA (iTunes Redeem) (1 Left)
• How to Train Your Dragon 2 - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• The Hunger Games - $4 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - $4 4K iTunes (2 Left)
• The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 - $4 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Jack Reacher - $5 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Jason Bourne - $5 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Justice League - $5 4K MA (1 Left)
• Kingsman: The Golden Circle - $5 4K MA (1 Left)
• Life of Pi - $5 4K MA (iTunes Redeem) (1 Left)
• The Martian - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• Mile 22 (2018) - $5 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Mission: Impossible: Fallout - $5 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Pitch Perfect - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• Red 2 - $5 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• The Revenant - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• Secret Garden (2020) - $6 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Secret Life of Pets - $5 4K MA (1 Left)
• Star Trek: Into Darkness - $4 4K iTunes (3 Left)
• Transformers: Age of Extinction - $5 4K iTunes (HD VUDU available) (2 Left)
• Transformers: The Last Knight - $5 4K iTunes (HD VUDU available) (1 Left)
• Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 - $4 4K iTunes (2 Left)
• xxx Xander Cage - $5 4K iTunes (1 Left) HD Movies
• 12 Years A Slave - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• 2 Guns - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• 42 - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• About Time - $4 HD MA (2 Left)
• Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• The Amazing Spider-man - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• American Hustle - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Anchorman 2 - $4 HD iTunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• Book of Life - $4 HD MA (2 Left)
• Boyhood (Linklater) - $5 HD iTunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• Breaking In (Unrated) - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Bring It On: Worldwide #Cheersmack - $3 HD MA (1 Left)
• A Christmas Story 2 - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Dolphin Tale - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Escape From Planet Earth - $4 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Extremely Loud Incredibly Close - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Ferdinand - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Flight - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Focus - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• A Good Day to Die Hard (Extended Edition) - $4 HD MA (2 Left)
• Grease 2 - $4 HD iTunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• The Greatest Showman - $4 HD MA (3 Left)
• The Hate U Give - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Home - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• The Host (2013) - $3 iTunes Redeem Port to MA (1 Left) Not Bong Joon-ho
• Hugo - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• If Beale Street Could Talk - $6 HD MA (1 Left)
• Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Kung Fu Panda - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Les Miserables - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Marvel's Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Midway - $4 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Noah - $4 HD Vudu/iTunes
• Now You See Me - $4 HD Vudu/iTunes (1 Left)
• Paddington - $5 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Parental Guidance - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• The Possession - $4 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Prometheus - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Reclaim - $4 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Rise of the Guardians - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Robocop - $4 HD Vudu/GP (1 Left)
• Safe House - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Second Act - $3 iTunes (2 Left)
• The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - $3 HD MA (1 Left)
• The Secret Life of Pets - $3 HD MA (1 Left)
• The Shack - $4 HD iTunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• Silver Linings Playbook - $4 HD Vudu
• Sinister - $4 HD iTunes, Vudu, GP (1 Left)
• Skyfall - $4 HD Vudu/GP (2 Left)
• Sleepless - $3 HD MA (1 Left)
• Son of God - $3 HD MA (1 Left)
• TinTin (Speilberg) - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Trolls - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Turbo - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Unbroken - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Underworld: Awakening - $3 HD MA (1 Left)
• Vivo - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• When The Game Stands Tall - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• White House Down - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Zero Dark Thirty - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Zeros and Ones (2022) - $5 HD Vudu (1 Left)
submitted by ShootingIn8k
to DigitalCodeSELL [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:29 Careless-Tie-5005 What to do about ribs shifting
A couple of my upper ribs on one side have shifted out and forward and my scapula is falling and pushing on them. PT has worked on it and I have exercises but what else can I do to keep them from shifting? And what causes this to happen? Would a neuromuscular(limb-girdle affected) and/or connective tissue disease cause it? Cause I have both but haven’t experienced this before.
submitted by Careless-Tie-5005
to medical [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:22 goarmy007 [WTS] All US Mint, Silver Eagle Proofs Many Years, Apollo 11 1oz Silver, Many 5oz America the Beautiful National Park Silver
All US Mint (all silver eagles and Apollo 11 coins include box/COA):
2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Silver Proof 1oz - $55 each - 3 available --- Photos show both sides, this is a concave design coin with astronaut footprint on one side and Apollo lander on other side.
2013 West Point 2-Coin American Silver Eagle Set With Proof & Reverse - $210 each - 1 available
2012 San Francisco 2-Coin American Silver Eagle Set with Proof & Reverse - $170 each - 1 available
2008 Silver American Eagle Proof W Mark - $70 each - 2 available
2010 Silver American Eagle Proof W Mark - $70 each - 2 available
2011 Silver American Eagle Proof W Mark - $70 each - 1 available
2012 Silver American Eagle Proof W Mark - $70 each - 4 available
2013 Silver American Eagle Proof W Mark - $70 each - 3 available
2014 Silver American Eagle Proof W Mark - $70 each - 3 available
2016 Silver American Eagle Proof W Mark (30th anniv.) - $70 each - 2 available
2017 Silver American Eagle Proof W Mark - $70 each - 2 available
2018 Silver American Eagle Proof S Mark (San Fran Mint) - $70 each - 3 available
2018 Silver American Eagle Proof W Mark - $70 each - 4 available
2019 Silver American Eagle Proof W Mark - $70 each - 3 available
2020 Silver American Eagle Proof W Mark - $70 each - 4 available
2021 Silver American Eagle Proof W Mark (Type 1) - $70 each - 2 available
2021 Silver American Eagle Proof W Mark (Type 2) - $70 each - 1 available
Slabbed 5oz America the Beautiful Silver Coins PCGS/NGC (FirstStrike/Early Releases) - some have toning, let me know if interested and I can send more close ups
2010 ATB Grand Canyon PCGS FirstStrike Choice BU 5oz - $200 - 1 available
2010 ATB Yosemite PCGS FirstStrike Choice BU 5oz - $200 - 1 available
2010 ATB Mount Hood PCGS FirstStrike MS68DMPL 5oz - $200 - 1 available
2010 ATB Mount Hood PCGS FirstStrike Choice BU 5oz - $200 - 1 available
2010 ATB Yellowstone PCGS FirstStrike Choice BU 5oz - $200 - 1 available
2010 ATB Yellowstone PCGS FirstStrike MS68DMPL 5oz - $200 - 1 available
2010 ATB Yellowstone PCGS FirstStrike MS68PL 5oz - $200 - 1 available
2010 ATB Hot Springs PCGS FirstStrike MS68DMPL 5oz - $200 - 1 available
2010 ATB Hot Springs PCGS FirstStrike Choice BU 5oz - $200 - 1 available
2011 ATB Glacier NGC Early Releases Gem Uncirculated 5oz - $200 - 1 available
2011 ATB Gettysburg NGC Early Releases Gem Uncirculated 5oz - $200 - 1 available
5oz America the Beautiful Burnished Version US Mint Box w/ COA Coins - some have toning, let me know if interested and can send multiple photos of both sides.
2010 ATB Yosemite Burnished with Box/COA 5oz - $200 - 1 available
2010 ATB Yellowstone Burnished with Box/COA 5oz - $200 - 1 available
2010 ATB Hot Springs Burnished with Box/COA 5oz - $200 - 1 available
2010 ATB Mount Hood Burnished with Box/COA 5oz - $200 - 1 available
2010 ATB Grand Canyon Burnished with Box/COA 5oz - $200 - 1 available
2011 ATB Gettysburg Burnished with Box/COA 5oz - $200 - 1 available
2011 ATB Olympic Burnished with Box/COA 5oz - $200 - 1 available
2016 ATB Theodore Roosevelt Burnished with Box/COA 5oz - $200 - 1 available
2014 ATB Arches Burnished with Box/COA 5oz - $200 - 1 available
2014 ATB Everglades Burnished with Box/COA 5oz - $200 - 1 available
2019 ATB War in the Pacific Burnished with Box/COA 5oz - $200 - 1 available
5oz America the Beautiful in Plastic Capsules Uncirculated (originally from Apmex)
2010 ATB Yosemite 5oz - $180 - 1 available
2010 ATB Grand Canyon 5oz - $180 each - 2 available
Will accept Zelle or Venmo (FF, no comments in remarks). Will only ship first class if less than 2 SAE Proofs for $5 or equivalent weight, otherwise will ship priority for $10.
Insurance extra, buyer to cover cost if desired.
Will provide tracking and ship promptly after receiving payment.If any additional questions at all, please ask below or chat.
Please comment below before chat/PM.
Willing to ship first to high feedback buyers only.
submitted by goarmy007
to Pmsforsale [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:20 Odd_Part8074 Cemetery leaves a gift.
I would like to start out saying I’m not a good writer i’m miserable at spelling and punctuation hopefully you can follow the story.
I’m from a small town in Iowa around 7,000 people. When you grow up in small town you become really resourceful at finding things to do for fun. You make the most of the fun you have while having it. Urban legends are plentiful and always fun to hear! I don’t live to far from our capital city. As I got older I started venturing in to the city I made a lot of friends and they loved hearing stories of growing up in such a small town and found the things we did for fun wild. They would beg me to take them to a cemetery that is about 40 min from my house. It’s a place that I had only been a handful of times. I will admit durning the daytime it’s very innocuous (I know the area somewhat well as I’ve hunted out there and been on a few late night drives out there.) But by night time it becomes very creepy. I will state this now I’m not into the supernatural if something creepy happens to me I look for A logical explanation! If you tell me a haunting story I’ll roll my eyes! But there is no explanation for this. So one evening some friends from the city call me they want to go to this Cemetery they want me to take them out there. I agree so they make it down to me around 8pm this is in mid fall so it’s somewhat dark by this time. We stand around having a few smokes and catching up with one and other there are 5 of us. Around 9pm we leave. Part of the trip in on paved highway but the rest is on limestone, gravel roads about 6 maybe 10 miles at most to the graveyard. We took my friends new car at the time it was a couple months old it was a reddish maroon Pontiac G6. If you have ever drove on a limestone gravel road your car gets covered in a fine white dust. We make it to cemetery. The entrance is a large cast iron gate we go in I show them the headstone it’s very large from the early 20th century and it has a very creepy saying on it (something like where you are now I once was and soon you’ll be where I am) since this I’ve found out it’s pretty common on old headstones. My friends are in agreement yeah that is really creepy! They ask if anything has ever happened to me out here? No not really. My car once overheated driving by. But that’s about it. now this grave stone sets in the last row facing west and to the south maybe 50 yards are a whole row of children’s graves small little grave stones just big enough to fit a name on them. “Well, urban legend says if you run between those gravestones zigzagging through them you will die” my friend starts talking trash, telling me that’s the dumbest thing he’s ever heard of! He yells not afraid of any stupid dead babies! I said, I don’t know man I always heard that so and so did it and they were dead a week later. He tells me I’m an idiot. He starts running through them gets halfway says he could care less about the supposed curse, but doesn’t complete the whole run and comes walking back we joked with him and ask him if he’s too scared to do it he said yes I got creeped out halfway through. We went back to the entrance had a few smokes shot the breeze for a minute. I was ready to leave I hadn’t had dinner and I was hungry it’s around 11 pm we head back to the town I live in. on the south side of the town there is a McDonald’s I pull in and we Head in to have dinner when we leave the car was under A street light and the car was well lit when we get up to it and a friend noticed there were small hand prints all over the car no fewer than 20 they were the size of a two year olds, but not all were the same size but all were very small. They were on top of the trunk on top of the roof. You can see them because they were outlined in the dust from the gravel road. I remember looking really close and you can clearly see fingerprints in the white dust highlighting everything creases fingerprints is the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen. There is no explanation If they were there before we went out, they would’ve been covered by the dust we couldn’t figure out how a kid would’ve got on top of his car. There’s no kids around where the owner of the car lived. Nothing. We tried to come up with any reason that they would be there, but nothing made sense. I told my friend that ran through the graves, he better watch out! to this day if you Bring it up to him he won’t hear a word of it he will leave the room or get angry that you brought it up and we’re close to 20 years since I was happened.
submitted by Odd_Part8074
to TrueScaryStories [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:20 Imadeutscher Any water fun activities?
Hi i will i am trying to decide if I should get a hotel closer to west of Antalya (sealife hote etc) or to the east (hotels near lara beach). I would like to do some sightseeing but also a lot of fun activities like water sports activities or land activities sich as buggy tour. Which side is the best if i want to do those things in Antalya?
submitted by Imadeutscher
to Antalya [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:15 Mother-Tone-9496 Stage 4 Melenoma Experience
New to the forum. Im 49 yrs old will be 50 in September. My main thoughts back at the beginning of the year, will I make it to my 50th birthday? Thought I'd share my experience i have with Melenoma, treatment and side effects. May 2016 I had a mole the size of a half dollar on the center of my back. Diagnose was stage 2 Melenoma. I had it removed immediately with a 6in incision on my back and a lymph node removed with a drainage bag. Went to Dr regularly for blood work and to dermatologist for regular skin checks. December 31st 2022, diagnosed with stage 4 Melenoma. Spread mainly to my liver stomach lining and left lung. I had it everywhere, legs shoulders upper lung but those areas were small amounts of cancer cells. The oncologist immediately put me on immunotherapy 22 days after diagnose by infusion. I had a port put in my chest for easier access. I did not respond to the therapy. Cancer was getting worse. I lost 30 lbs and had no color in my skin. My liver was not working well and made my legs swell and caused raw sores from the thighs down. All the toxins from my liver was excreting through my wounds called weeping. I would have puddles under my feet in minutes. Til this day I am still recovering from the wounds. Able to walk with a cane now. I got skin rashes and nausea from the therapy. Not very many side effects. Dr. switched me over to chemo pill form. It worked instantly. I noticed a big difference. It's now June 2023 and my cancer has shrunk enough in the liver I can get them removed. Side effects from the chemo. Loss of hair, nausea, rashes, fast heart beat, vision changed, bleed easily and I heal slow. Still bloated and stomach is lumpy and hard. I'm hoping the removal of the liver tumors will reduce that. I feel 7 mos pregnant lol. Something to consider for stage 1 melanomies, have your primary keep a close eye on your liver. That seems to be the most common spot it will spread to first. Do bloodwork regularly to insure levels of the liver are in range. This is something i learned after I was diagnosed with stage 4. Remember though cancer is unpredictable even if your Dr keeps an eye in your liver it may still happen undetected. I hope this helps some people who maybe be going through the same thing. Take care!😊
submitted by Mother-Tone-9496
to melahomies [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:11 redditslayer95 In NYC, can you sue somebody who was driving your car and illegally parked and ran red lights resulting in tickets?
About 8 years ago, my(f27) step-cousin(f28) was taking advantage of me and the things that I had and using the things I had as if they were hers. I was afraid to confront her about it because she is bigger than me and I didn't want her to try and retaliate my using violence which eventually did happen when she got caught and you'll see what I mean when you read further.
One of those things is my very first car. We had made a trip to NYC and things went downhill for her quickly because she kept messing up.
And when I say messing up, I mean, cheating on her baby daddy (he never knew until I told him) with a homeless man and other men for money and racking up $2,000 worth of parking tickets and red light tickets in my name unless she got pulled over.
There were times that she'd take my car while I was asleep and go see these other guys and when she'd get back, she'd park my car where the signage says not to park. And I think she was doing it intentionally because she knew she didn't have money for parking or was too lazy to go find other parking spots. Then there were times that I had to go and move my car to a legal parking space to avoid being ticketed.
Then she would actually run red lights and stop signs also resulting in tickets. Some of these I didn't know about until my grandmother called me about a letter in the mail from my home state stating that I had tickets and judgements because my cousin never told me about any of the tickets.
I really want to sue her for the loss of my money I had to pay for her ignorance and carelessness and the loss of my car, which would be around $4,000 altogether.
I know it was about 8 years ago but is there even a possibility or chance that that I'd still be able to sue her for this and win?
It took me all of the 8 years to finally pay off the entirety of those tickets and judgements in order to obtain my license again in order for me to travel to go see my family in my home state.
Also, side note, after she was caught, her grandparents came from our home state to pick her up leaving me behind with nowhere to go and no phone or anything to use as a GPS to get back home. I didn't get a job until a few months later but even then, I wasn't able to go anywhere because my car had eventually been impounded and I was never able to get the car out and it was eventually sold at an auction and the money used to buy that car went to some of the tickets and judgements I had which actually helped but I still had a major loss not being able to go back home and being stranded with nowhere to go and no money to get back home. Sure my family could've helped but I turned them down because I wanted to be "ms independent".
Anyway, any advice on what I can do and what the process might be?
submitted by redditslayer95
to legaladvice [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:07 Any-Spirit-6413 Insane Demands
alright. i just clocked out and need to vent about this. let's set the scene!
i work in a fast-casual restaurant between a few very wealthy neighborhoods in a metropolitan area. i have been clocked in for 6.5 hours without a break. i was placed on the cash register today, which means that from the time we opened to the time this woman barged in, i hadn't stopped taking orders or assisting with guest needs. i spent my morning unloading and stocking nearly a thousand pounds of deliveries before cleaning up and opening. i had a pretty steady shift (with some bumps; is there ever a perfect shift?) and i was in a relatively good mood, if a little tired and hungry. i'm about to be cut, and i stay on the register to clear out some orders and clean up. a woman, in her 50s or 60s, carrying her white pomeranian, walks in and asks: "do you have someone who can look through the trash?" i didn't think that she said what she had actually said, so i asked her to elaborate. "i think i threw my credit card away, can you look for it?" i was stunned, as i didn't remember taking her order and i hadn't seen her near any of our trash cans. "i'm sorry about your card, ma'am, which trash can is it in?" she pointed to a garbage can outside, which are taken care of by the strip mall we're located in. i tried to tell her: "ma'am, we don't care of those trash cans, but let me see what i can do." she stormed out before i even finished the first part of my sentence. all of my coworkers and i shared a stunned laugh and i continues my duties before she came barging back in. "is there really no one who can look through it?" we don't employ anyone specifically to clean. we take out the trash twice a day, and if it had been in one of our trash cans, i would have been happy to look for it when i took it out. however, it was a public trans can. "ma'am, once again, those trash cans are taken care of by the mall." "well, is there someone i can call?" i assured her that i would get her the number, and she began ranting about my lack of drive and willingness to help. one sentence i found particularly funny was this: "well, if i worked here i would have done something immediately." what i wanted to say was along the lines of 'my base pay is less than the federal minimum wage, shut the fuck up about what you would do. you would've quit by now.' what i ended up saying was: "ma'am, i'm pulling up the number to the shopping center now. i'm sorry about your card and i understand your frustration, but i would ask that you not take that frustration out on me." she mocked me under her breath and continued to berate me, and so as i wrote the number on a piece of receipt paper, i told her that this was the number she could call and i asked her to leave, because she was becoming a distraction to our guests and staff. "you're not going to kick me out! where is your manager?" "ma'am, i've asked you to leave." "where is your manager?" i told her "let's go see!" and began walking to the office, where our managers were on a very important call. she began to swear at me under her breath, so i said "you know what? fuck you." she responded in kind, and i flipped her off as i rounded the corner to get my manager. luckily, my managers and all the upper staff were on my side, and they gave me a minute to calm down. i went to the office and we did the incident report, and come to find out, this woman wasn't even a customer. she had made a mistake and thrown away a piece of plastic, and was demanding an underpaid food service worker to remedy this. i wasn't going to dig through a public trash can, and i wasn't going to ask anyone else to do so, which my manager corroborated. how can people, in this day and age, continue to see food service workers as lesser? how can she have thought that was a good idea?? it's crazy enough that i would have been willing to look for it in one of our trash cans (i've done it before!), but to be expected by a wealthy old woman to look for a piece of replaceable plastic in a PUBLIC TRASH CAN is insane.
definitely shouldn't have said what i said, but i think that it was well-deserved. i hate rich people.
submitted by Any-Spirit-6413
to Serverlife [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:04 figgypudding2 Mount Sinai Morningside and West Residents to Strike June 13th
500+ residents and fellows at two of Mount Sinai’s hospitals in NYC just gave a ten day notice of a strike beginning June 13th. The residents at these hospitals make less than the non union residents at the Upper East Side’s main campus despite working at the same hospitals and shifts. Sinai has refused all year in negotiations to pay the union residents the same amount as the non-union. This is just after the 150 Elmhurst residents also operated by Mount Sinai striked last month for similar reasons.
submitted by figgypudding2
to Residency [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:03 BobWeAdda Air Quality - Bad smell?
Does anyone else on the west side or elsewhere smell a horrible odor outside? Almost like someone burnt a car’s clutch with a hint of sugar. Maybe wildfire-related?
submitted by BobWeAdda
to madisonwi [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 22:59 Tytar [WTB] slick side aero FDE upper
Up to $80 ?
Looking for traditional shape - not m4e1
submitted by Tytar
to GunAccessoriesForSale [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 22:59 Electronic_Window_64 Looking for a roommate in El Paso
Date: End of June
I'm moving to El Paso to begin my nursing career. I am wondering if anyone would like to get a 2B2BATH apartment in the west side of El Paso together. The prices for a nice apartment are a lot higher than I thought and it would be nice to split the costs. Was looking into "Las Mansiones Cimmarron" but open to other options. I also know this is little to no information, but if anyone is interested you can DM with any futher questions.
submitted by Electronic_Window_64
to ElPaso [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 22:54 Pavel_Sergievsky Ukraine vs. Russia: Russian perspective.
Dear Professor Peterson,
I realize that your schedule probably won’t allow you to read this letter, least to reply. I am not expecting either of these and will not be offended. Why do I write it, then? Well, most probably because in the past several years you have been for me the voice of reason from abroad. Too many things are going in a crazy and disastrous direction, and listening to your lectures and videos have been very inspiring. It always amazes me how deeply you investigate the problem and how thoroughly you analyze it. In many cases listening to what you say have been like hearing what I always felt was true, but could not formulate and justify it myself. Thank you for that experience.
During the past year, which not only attracted the whole world’s attention to a conflict in Ukraine (at last, I’d say, war started there in 2014), but also demonstrated the unwillingness of countries and people to hear each other, I felt the growing urge to share Russian understanding of current situation and of the events that lead to it with someone who could probably be able to hear. Your name was the first to come to my mind. I hesitated until some time ago I came across the interview that you have recorded – “Israel, Russia, China, Iran: The World in Conflict”
and it actually triggered me into writing. It occurred to me that, objective as you are, you may be unaware of some facts and interpretations, partly because modern media have mastered the art of being silent about some facts while shouting about the others, partly because you were born and raised in Anglo-Saxon civilization, with all embedded ideas and principles.
A bit about my background. Master’s degree in English language and literature, spent one year as a student in Connecticut, worked in American-owned companies for 17 years. That allows me to a certain degree to understand both sets of values.
I wanted to offer for your attention the view from the other side on what’s happening now between Russia and Western European civilization. I don't say that it is correct, I just say how Russians see it.
Very briefly, just point by point:
- Currently many people in the West are speaking about Russia as about a threat. But what makes you think that we see you differently? We see you as a growing threat. We don’t trust you. And we have plenty of reason for feeling this way.
- We see the West is regularly breaking its own rules and demonstrating double standards, so we can’t rely on its words.
- It has been clearly shown to us, that we will never be accepted by the West as an equal partner, so to us the West is neither a friend, nor a partner, but a competitor at best, an enemy at worst.
- We have seen what the West does to regimes that don’t obey and how the West does it, so West is a serious threat. Don’t come any closer.
3 basic principles of western foreign policy
Looking at the international events of past 30-40 years, we may see 3 basic principles of international policy that the West is utilizing.
- Democracy is the best possible society model.
Hard to argue – there is the strongest correlation between availability of human rights in society and its prosperity. Let’s accept it as it is, although it is much more complicated and there are other factors that should be taken into account, like, for example:
- Pure democracy is limited to small communities, and is impossible in big countries. Once a certain threshold is passed, democracy is either a burden to every decision made, or is executed via representatives. And representatives, being people with all their imperfections, gradually start spoiling and corrupting the idea.
- Democracy tends to evolve, or, I’d rather say, degrade into oligarchy. Examples are numerous. Ancient Greece and Rome, Novgorod Republic (XII-XV cc), medieval Poland, etc. Even now – with all our experience, we keep hitting the same wall. Legal practice of lobbying in USA is the desire of big money (oligarchs) to have more influence on country policy. In Russia lobbying is illegal, so the same goal is achieved by other means, but without digging deep into details, it is the same – democratic form of power, spoiled by natural human desire to grab more for oneself on the expense of others.
- The most prosperous regions now (North America, Western Europe, Scandinavia, New Zealand, Australia) are the ones where capitalism appeared and developed earlier than in other parts of the world. That boosted production, country strength and wealth and eventually allowed them to have colonies in other parts of the world. Owning some overseas land gave enormous economic advantages. Remember “British East India Company”, which at its peak of wealth had an army of 160 thousand soldiers (more than some counties had!). The importance of having colonies can be best illustrated by the simple fact – one of the core reasons of the WW I was the desire of Germany, who was late to the table, to have its share of a pie. And even though political power of metropolises over colonies seized in mid-XXth century, economic bounds stayed much longer. If, let’s say, a uranium mine in Uganda belongs to French company, then which country benefits more from it? And to what extent the modern wealth of Europe and North America is due to other parts of the world?
- I doubt that democracy and human rights priority are possible in every country of the world. This idea just occurred to me, so I did not dig deep into finding the proof, but mentality (to put it narrower – religion) could prevent the society from accepting ideas that are just natural for another society. There are some facts I immediately recall that support this idea.
a) Majority of Noble prize winners are from protestant countries. Disproportional majority if you look at country population or wealth or other factors. Why? Maybe because Protestantism urges its followers to read the Bible on their own, whereas in Catholicism you study Bible under the priest’s guidance. Encouragement for independent research must have some effect.
b) After the ancient Rome fell, and Europe lived through the Dark Ages, Arabian countries preserved much of knowledge and science. At that time Arabian East was much more cultural and civilized than Europe. What happened to them later, why they stopped developing science, how could Europe overtake them? One of the explanations is that at some point of time Muslim theologians declared that “Koran has everything”, so scientific research stopped. The legend says that under this slogan the Library of Alexandria has been burnt by Arabian conquerors.
c) There is an interesting correlation between the agricultural conditions in a certain territory and some national traits of character. That’s more than a coincidence. For example, wheat was the main crop in Europe. It doesn’t require any special irrigation, so you can well grow and harvest it alone. That means you are less dependent on other people. Hence smaller states (Germany before mid-XIX century consisted of dozens independent states), hence more independent opinions. Compare it to China. Rice requires serious irrigation works, you’ll never do it alone. In order to harvest rice, you need to organize a fairly large group of people to do a job together. And as the population grows, you need to perform those works at a larger scale, also because the easiest-to-work fields are already busy. As a result, we see that Chinese value the society more than they value an individual. A single person sacrificing his wishes for the good of the others is more acceptable for them than for Europeans.
This idea needs further thinking but it is quite possible that the liberalism and human rights developed in Western Europe to the extent we see due to a unique combination of religion, natural conditions and other factors. And it can’t be copied in other parts of the world. It can be brought to other parts of the world by immigration of people with European mentality, of course. But otherwise it can be done only by complete mentality change of local inhabitants. Not an easy task, could take generations and mean death of local culture.
- All people are seeking freedom and democracy, so it is our duty to help them achieve this goal. If some part of the society resists this help, it is the tyrannical part and it should be eliminated.
Yeah, really. Take up the White Man's burden… This idea is not dead yet, with all its prejudices.
In some part such understanding is based on the theory that appeared in history (history as a science!) in the UK in 18th century. This theory states that the process of human society development over time is a) linear and b) goes through the same stages in every society of the planet. One of the consequences of this theory was the statement that every society started from matriarchate – researchers came across some primitive society, ruled by women, and made their conclusion. This theory has long been proved wrong, but its influence is still alive.
Even if we accept that all countries, all societies are aiming at maximizing human rights, how justified will interference be? Good intentions are the pathway to hell. How long it took Anglo-Saxon civilization to reach modern state of human rights? Setting the Magna Carts as the starting point, it is a bit over 800 years, roughly 30 generations. Looking at the world history, we see how slowly societies change their organizational forms, evolving one into another. And you can’t forcefully speed it up. Imagine that our modern “crusaders of democracy” take time machine and show up at Hastings early in the morning on October 14th, 1066. “William, Harold, there is no need to fight. You need to run democratic elections, and everything will be ok…” Will they even understand the idea??? And what will happen the next day after they are left alone?
You have shown significant interest in Russian culture. If you care spending some more time on Russian books, I’d recommend you brothers Strugatsky (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkady_and_Boris_Strugatsky
). The form of what they have written is science fiction, but the contents is all about ethics, morale, responsibility, conscience. Try «Escape Attempt», «Hard to be a God», «Overburdened with Evil».
Why I am mentioning them now is because among others they are exploring the topic of “progressors” – people from Earth of XXII century who try to speed up the history of other planets, to solve their problems, stop wars, etc. And it doesn’t end well. As one of their heroes says, “You can’t break up the natural course of history without breaking the spine of humanity.”
It’s hard to find examples of good revolutions when they are initiated from abroad. Change of regime should be supported by majority within the country – it is the guarantee that society is ready for it. What Anglo-Saxons and NATO frequently do is supporting the angry minority in its aspirations for power. And instead of peace, freedom and prosperity it brings chaos. The classic example is Libya. Over 10 years ago the country was “spared of Gaddafi’s tyrannical rule”… How do they live now? The GDP is still around 50% of what it used to be, the country is still not at peace, there are two major forces each claiming to be the legal power. How many lives it did cost already and how much time it will take free Libya to recover? Can such liberation be called anything but a disservice? In Russia we call it “bear’s help”. I don’t say that everything was good in the country when Gaddafi was alive, but aren’t they in the worse situation now?
The whole series of Arabian spring looks like a great mess, not a great success. I rely on the opinion of an expert – below is the brief translation of an article published in 2015-2016 by Mordechai Kedar, an Israeli scholar of Arab culture and a lecturer at Bar-Ilan University. I can’t find the original, unfortunately. December 2015 was the fifth anniversary of the events known as an ‘Arabian spring’. The world applauded the heroes of the streets in Tunis, Egypt, Libya, Syria, Yemen, Bahrain. Now, five years ago, those countries are still battlefields, with no light ahead. What problems have prevented them from positive development? Most of them have developed over centuries and they still prevail in mentality, remaining the dangerous rudiment.
Throughout the XX-th century Europe tries to solve myriads of cultural problems of the Middle East, trying to create modern Arabic states that will fit Europe’s needs. The brightest example of Western misunderstanding of the East is the belief that Middle east can easily adopt democracy. Western democracy is based on western culture with equality of religious and social groups, minority rights, freedom of speech and opinions. Add to it religious freedom and free elections and you will get the list that is absolutely alien to Middle East.
- Tribalism*, that was always a survival factor in harsh natural conditions of the region. Now the conditions are different but mentality is still the same, when each person thinks of himself as a member of the clan first (family, tribe, tape, whatever…), not the citizen of the country.*
- Violence*. Resources are scarce, so anyone who is not the member of my clan, is a deadly threat. And the first reaction to a threat is violence.*
- Honour*, understood very specifically. Dishonoured person will seek revenge. It is not uncommon for a person to kill members of his own family if they dishonoured him. Honour is of primary importance in relations between countries and nations, sometimes more important than economics and healthcare.*
- Nepotism*, which has its roots in tribalism. Promoting your relatives to administrative positions is illegal in the West, but is part of normal practice in the East.*
- Corruption*. An office holder will invest in projects and regions where his tribe and supporters live, not otherwise. He feels financially responsible to his family, not to the country.*
- Multiple ethnic groups*, which protect their own languages and traditions. Marriages outside of a group are rare, coexistence with other groups is tense and hostile.*
- Islam*. Islamic extremists are sure that people who believe otherwise, are deserved to be killed.*
- Sunnites vs*.* shiites*. This conflict started back in 7th century as a conflict for control over Islam. Non-Islamic people see them analogous to Catholicism vs. Orthodox church, but in reality now, after centuries of religious wars, these are two separate religions, and the dialogue between them is very difficult.*
- Predominant culture*. Three main groups are Bedouins who live in deserts, fellahs who are the peasants, and inhabitants of the cities. Each group thinks stereotypically of other two, cross-marriages are rare.*
- Country borders*. British, French and Italian administration have been drawn the borders straight, just by a ruler and a pencil, paying no attention to the real borders between various groups which differ by religion and ethnicity. People who never thought about themselves as about having anything in common, are now the citizens of one country. And they don’t feel it this way.*
- Power change*. This is something which never happens peacefully in Arabic countries. The ethnic or religious group at power holds to it by all means.*
- Israel*. Arabs and Muslims don’t acknowledge Judaism as a live religion, Jewish people as a people. So for them the very existence of Israel is illegal. Plus Israel is very convenient as an external enemy, a good target for the aggression of the masses.*
- Oil has turned the countries of the Gulf into societies which don’t produce, but do consume without limits. The difference between wealth of the Gulf and poverty of other Arabian countries is shocking.
- West that interferes into the region to solve its own problems. Oil, gas, weapons – all is targeted to use natural resources of Middle East.
- Al Jazeera as a catalyst of social and religious unrest.
Here’s an article by the same author on the same topic – https://fathomjournal.org/why-we-keep-getting-the-middle-east-wrong/
Here’s an interview with him – https://chicagopolicyreview.org/2015/07/28/americans-still-dont-understand-the-middle-east-this-man-wants-to-help/
In one of your interviews you discussed the competition between China and the US for influence in Africa. And your opinion was that China wins due to corruption of local elites. Let me offer another reason for your consideration. It is the same reason that allows Russia to gain influence in Middle East, Africa, South America. When China or Russia come to some country to cooperate, they come to cooperate, not to teach, not to judge, not to interfere into the internal affairs of the state. And people appreciate this.
- We have the right to decide who is democratic and who is not.
This one is undoubtedly wrong. As a psychologist, you can diagnose it, I guess. What will you call such mental blindness, when a person considers himself flawless and assumes the right to judge and punish others, like in “The House of Pride” by Jack London. And here we see a group of countries that consider themselves the best in the world, that judge other countries and feel it righteous to interfere into their life, to change it without being asked. I understand why leaders of these countries have that blindness, but I wonder how many people in these countries actually understand that it is not a radiant crusade for democracy, but a destructive raid of Normans.
De furore Normannorum libera nos, Domine.
One of the principles of democracy is separation of three powers – legislative, judicial and executive. So why then countries that consider themselves “leaders of democratic world” forget about this principle in international relations. They make the rules, they judge and they punish.
One of American diplomats said recently that USA supports international rules-based order. Sounds good, sounds undoubtedly right. But why USA and NATO forget about the rules when it is convenient? Or is it “We support international rules-based order, but our own actions should not be limited by these rules”? What immediately comes to my mind without web search:
- Kosovo, 1999. Civil war or genocide or whatever it may be called. How it should have been handled according to the rules? UN Security Council makes the decision, ‘blue helmets’ move in and stop the hot phase of the conflict. How it was done? NATO forces moved in without UNSC mandate. Forget the rules.
- Iraq, 2003. USA and its allies invaded Iraq based on false claims that Saddam had mass destruction weapons. The Center for Public Integrity stated that the Bush administration made a total of 935 false statements between 2001 and 2003 about Iraq's alleged threat to the United States. International lies-based order?
Speaking more about the rules… We are tired of seeing double standards. As an illustration, I will use just one aspect – the principle of integrity of the state vs the principle of the right of nations to self-determination. It looks like the West supports integrity of the state, when this state is allied or friendly to the West, and supports nation’s self-determination when the state is not. Let’s go through some examples.
- Chechnya (an autonomous republic within Soviet Union) wanted to become independent after 1991. It quickly started to use terrorism to achieve this goal. It took a lot of effort to stop the war and bring the region back to safety. Reaction of the West – support of chechens, their leader fled to London and was not deported to Russia despite all requests.
- Abkhazia (an autonomous republic within Georgian republic which was part of Soviet Union) wanted to become independent from Georgia when Georgia became independent from Russia. Resulted in a war. The conflict is still not solved. Abkhazia now is an independent state which is acknowledged by very few countries in the world. Reaction of the West – they still consider Abkhazia as a rebellious part of Georgia. Same situation about South Osetia – another region, that was an administrative part of Georgia until 1991 and that also seeks independence.
- Donetsk and Lugansk wanted to become independent from Ukraine after 2014 coup. Ukraine tried to subdue them by force and failed. Then the workplan has been signed in Minsk – what the parties of the conflict agree to do to settle. The result should have been – Donetsk and Lugansk return to Ukraine but have extended political rights, etc. Ukraine did nothing of its promises. Reaction of the West – support of Ukraine.
- Catalonia is seeking independence. And I remember that leaders of independence movement have been under political and criminal pressure.
- Scotland had a referendum about independence. And even though results were in favour of the UK, I remember how nervously London reacted.
Russia – NATO relations after 1991
This is best said by Vladimir Pozner, a journalist who spent years of his work in the USA, Russia, Europe and is one of the most known journalists of the old school (comparing to modern propagandists). Here’s the link to his speech in Yale University on September 27, 2018 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X7Ng75e5gQ&t=2556s
His speech takes around forty minutes, the rest is the Q&A. To save you time, I’d summarize it here in just a couple of phrases. After Soviet Union collapsed, there was an illusion that we aren’t enemies anymore, that the world is open now, and that we will be partners or even friends. Russia dismissed the Warsaw Treaty union and agreed for Germany to unite, that looked just right – why keep a military union when we aren’t enemies anymore? Sometime later Russia made an offer to join NATO to provide world security together and was denied. Russia offered to join the EU, and was denied. Russia was promised that NATO would not expand eastward and less than 10 years later this promise was broken. Since then, we’ve been witnessing NATO getting closer and closer to our borders, inviting countries that are our neighbours and aggressively supporting those candidates to country leadership in East Europe who declared anti-Russia views. So now the illusion is over. We are enemies. And what’s worse – we don’t trust US anymore, so negotiating some new principles of coexistence will be problematic.
Briefly about history, in more details about recent times and present situation.
In 16-17th century the territory of modern Ukraine was controlled by two forces with no clear border between them. Northwest (where the city of Lvov is now) was under Polish rule, center and the region along river Dnepr – under control of “kazak military democracies” – gatherings of all people, who fled from Russia, Poland, Lithuania, Crimea and who with time formed Ukrainians as a nation. They were ruled by elected chieftains and made their living largely by either joining some military campaign for money and loot, or by robbery raids to Poland, Crimea, Turkey. They were allied to Russia due to same religion – Orthodox Christianity.
As Poland grew stronger, its pressure on the territory grew, which led to periodic rebellions. Poland is a Catholic state, and people of Orthodox Ukraine were severely oppressed. Seeking protection, Ukrainian chieftains asked Russia to include those territories into Russian state. First request came in 1591. Russia rejected this request and several others. Only in 1654 part of Ukraine, controlled by kazaks, was included into Russia. Consequences – war with Poland and tens of thousands orthodox people fleeing from Polish-controlled lands into Russian-controlled lands.
From then on Russians and Ukrainians were really ‘brother nations’. Well, it was not heaven, but it was the best available option. Same religion, very close language and mentality. And forget about oppression. Ukrainians were oppressed as much as Russians themselves.
When the WW I started, Germany and Austria-Hungary were looking for collaborators in occupied territories of Russian Empire. They promised independence to nationalists in Western Ukraine, and found people who bought the idea. Not surprisingly, the most dedicated nationalists came from the least developed region of the country. Ukraine did not become independent at that moment, but the ideas stayed and gave their fruit during WW II, when Ukrainian collaborators actively participated in Nazis’ crimes. In one of your videos you described what Unit 731 of Japanese army was doing and you warned your listeners that they will never forget it. If you will find and read witnesses’ accounts of Volhynia massacre, you will never forget it either. I read it once long ago and I never want to read it again. It was a shock to me that people are capable of such things.
In the period between 1945 and 1991 Ukraine had the same rights as any other republic. There were no impediments to preserving and developing local culture. If you lived in any republic, you learned two languages – Russian and local. National literature was actively translated into other national languages of the Soviet Union, there were no impediments to education. Soviet Union with all its flaws, really tried to unite all of its nations into one big family. (What surprises me though is why antisemitism remained. You could come from Georgia, Uzbekistan or Yakutia and pass exams to Moscow university, no problem if you are smart enough. But it could be problematic for a Jew…)
After 1991 Russia and Ukraine remained friendly states, tightly bound by economic, cultural and even family ties. Ukraine tried to get the most out of relations both with Russia and with the West and it worked fairly well for 30 years. But with time attempts to elevate significance of their own nation led Ukrainians down a dangerous path. They started to slowly eliminate all other cultures that were present in the country. This process sped up dramatically in 2014, when after a coup the nationalist forces gained influence on the government.
Official Kiev denies being nationalistic, but don’t trust what the person is saying, see what he is doing.
- Open Kiev map and you will find two prospects – one named after Bandera, another after Shukhevich. Those two stand behind Volhynia massacre and numerous other crimes. Now they are heroes.
- During WW II Ukrainian nationalists were gathered by Nazis into the division “Galicia”. Collaborators and traitors, they did not show much on the battlefield, but were always victorious in the punitive raids against civilians. Now they are heroes.
- Ukraine is banning and denying Russian language and Russian culture. And it did not start last year. It started much earlier, when bit by bit Russian-speaking people had more and more difficulties teaching their children in Russian, buying books in Russian. It even shows itself historically – famous writers, artists, musicians, etc. of the past are proclaimed Ukrainians if they were born or lived on the territory of modern Ukraine. Aivazovskiy was Armenian by nation, lived in Crimea which was Russian at the time. Repin was Russian, Kuingi was Greek. Gogol and Bulgakov called themselves Russian and wrote in Russian. Shevchenko wrote in Russian, and now his books in Ukraine are translated from Russian.
I live in Moscow region, so all these processes for me were just an echo of a far-away thunder. My friends who lived in Crimea, Kiev, Donetsks, Kharkov many times said how difficult it was to live in a country that is so obsessed with its own magnificence that it becomes absurd. Massive renaming of streets, destruction of monuments that signified joint Russian-Ukrainian history, rewriting of history, when traitors and criminals become heroes, heroes become butchers. Anne, daughter to Yaroslav the Wise, wife to Henry I of France is known as Anne de Russie or Anne of Kiev. But now there are attempts to call her Anne of Ukraine, even though the very term Ukraine appeared at least a hundred years after she died.
We see those nationalistic ideas demonstrating themselves in a number of ways, and we have seen them before and we know what threat they can bring if left unattended. Pay attention to a dragon when it is small, you may be unable to win when it grows up.
I don’t say that our perception is correct, I just say how we see it. And to us modern Ukraine is like a younger brother who joined a bad company and who is becoming dangerous.
Now combine these two. Ukrainian nationalism plus NATO. Two threats, one well known historically, another the most dangerous rival of the past 70 years. We see them uniting and it is really an existential threat to us. In such circumstances could we afford being blind to it, just sitting and waiting what comes next? We tried to settle it peacefully. Many times Russia said that we are worried by NATO expansion, that we are worried by Western support of nationalistic movements in our neigbour countries. No effect. The last attempt was made in autumn of 2021, when Putin offered a negotiation that should have resulted in guaranteed safety. No reply.
If there is a conflict and your rival refuses to talk, he is asking for a fight. I don’t say that war in Ukraine is the right way to solve the conflict, but who can say that we did not try to set it by negotiations?
submitted by Pavel_Sergievsky
to JordanPeterson [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 22:51 hodsct59 Belmont Park And Woodbine Choices For 06-03-2023
I have chosen five races at Belmont Park and 2 races at Woodbine on Saturday June 3, 2023 that I am willing to take a shot at and hopefully find my next nice score. I will not be betting the last race at Belmont individually, but it is the last race of the late P5 which I will take a couple of small shots at. I have always preferred to get as many shots as I can to hit some type of exotics in one or two races but believe spreading in any pick type sequences is not the best use of my money. Much prefer using a few dollars every race and get more opportunities every day compared to putting all my eggs in one sequence and watching them all break when one horse or race does not go as expected.
Belmont Park 4th Race: Maiden Special Weight --- Purse $75,000 --- 3 YOs & Up NY Bred Fillies & Mares --- 7 Furlongs Turf:
1)Ace Up Her Sleeve (12-1) Has 10 lifetime starts with 4 starts and 3 thirds since the beginning of this year. In her last three starts she was tried twice on the AWT in sprints against open company and then shipped back to NY to face state breds in a turf sprint, but race was moved to a muddy dirt track where she was well beaten but managed to get up for third. One slow work since at Delaware Park. Dialed In - Clearly Cheating by Broken Vow. 3x3 to Storm Cat, 4(C)x5(F)x5(F) to Mr. Prospector, 5x5 to Blushing Groom, 5(C)x5(C)x5(F) to Secretariat. As usual, most interested in her broodmare sire, Broken Vow, to figure out what distance is best for this runner, and I believe turf sprinting is the answer for this one. Broken Vow as a G2 SW on dirt but plenty of his progeny has won on grass up to a mile and he has a daughter (Broken Dreams) similar bred to this one's dam that won 3 stakes turf sprints including 2 of them G3 stakes and banked just shy of $400K. Fits with these.
6)La Chance (50-1) Has started 10 times in her career and has one second in 4 starts this year as her only board finish in her first ten starts. She will need her best effort yet but has the bloodlines to upset this field at a huge price. Her last two races and her recent works gives a clue that improvement is on the way after getting a trainer that acts like he knows what he is trying to achieve and gets her first real chance on grass. Looking At Lucky - One Wise Cowgirl by Wiseman's Ferry. 4x5 to Clever Trick. Her sire, Looking at Lucky, was a Champion 2 YO and Champion 3 YO on dirt in the U.S. and broodmare sire, Wiseman's Ferry, won a couple of G3 dirt stakes at 9 furlongs but is best remembered as sire of Wise Dan, who was good on dirt to begin his career but took his popularity to an entirely different level by winning 14 of his last 15 starts on grass with 1 second and 15 of 17 overall, with every grass start against either G1 or G2 competition. La Chance's dam, One Wise Cowgirl, has also produced a G1 sprint SW on dirt (Haveyougoneaway).
4)Cerretta (8-1) has started once this year finishing 3rd in a grass sprint but also started 7 times last year with a second and a third her other two board finishes. Has four decent to useful works since her last start which should move her forward. Midnight Lute - Lift by Pulpit. 5x4 to Mr. Prospector, 5x5 to Raise A Native & Secretariat.
7)Souffle (2-1) started twice last year, finishing second in her first start on grass as the favorite before returning as an odds-on heavy favorite and finished 4th after getting beaten to the early lead and then coming up empty late. This is her first start this year and trainer Clement is good at hiding which one of his trainees is ready to win first back or may need a race or two but normally uses Rosario when he thinks one is live and he does so here also. Will also race with lasix for the first time. Candy Ride - Portmagee by Hard Spun. 5x4 to Mr. Prospector. Both Candy Ride and Hard Spun are known for their high speed in mid-distance races especially but dam, Portmagee, won one 6 furlongs grass sprint in her career but falter both times when asked to go just slightly further.
My Risks: $4 Ex Box 1-6, $1 Ex Box 1-4-6, $1 Tri Box 1-4-6, $.10 Super Box 1-4-6-7, $.50 Super Key 4 with 1-6-7 with 1-6-7 with 1-6-7. Total Risks $25.40.
Race 6: $.50 Pick 5 ---- 6 with 8 with 7 with 2,4,5 with 3,4,5,6,8,9,10,12. Total Risk $12.00.
Race 6: $.50 Pick 5 ---- 6,9 with 8 with 7 with 2,4,5, with 3,6,9,12. Total Risk $12.00.
Race 6: Allowance --- Purse $95,000 --- 3 YOs UP F&M N/W 1x or N/W 2 Lifetime --- 6 Furlongs Turf:
6) Anna Karenine (9-2) was shipped to U.S. late last year and was given the rest of the year off. Returned in March in a G3 stakes and sat close up early behind a crawling pace and faded after a half mile on grass. Cut back to 6 furlongs in her next start, she sat just behind the two early leaders in third, was sent after a half after the front runner had put only early challenger away but could not get by and hung in deep stretch to lose 2nd nearing the wire in this class and conditions. She has 4 more works in typical Brown style but should be getting close to her best effort. Tornado - Ivory Style by Desert Style. 4(C)x5(F)x5(F)x5(F) to Northern Dancer, 5x4 to Danzig, 5x5 to Special. Anna Karenine's 4th dam, Ivory Wand, is also 2nd dam of Elusive Quality, and this dam line flows back through Frizette, an important member of family #13.
9) Redifined (5-1) has one start this year where she tracked a fast early pace but came up empty in the stretch run in an O/C allowance race. However, she broke her maiden in the first start of her career, then competed in 3 stakes races, 2 of them listed and the other a G3 stakes where she placed in all three. She has recorded 3 very good works since her last race and is the one to beat. More Than Ready - Mrs. Boss by Wild Event. 4x5 to Northern Dancer, 5x5 to Nearctic.
5) Dekanter (12-1) has started twice this year which was also her first two starts of her career and finished 3rd on dirt, then won a maiden special weight race on grass in fairly fast time but it was during a small period when Aqueduct's grass course was blistering fast. Has 4 more works since her last start, none that are eye catching but all done on a 7-day then 6-day splits which is what you (or at least I) want to see from grass runners instead of fast works. Kantharos - Morning Rush by Unbridled's Song. 4x4 to Storm Cat, 5(C)x5(C)x5(F)x5(F) to Mr Prospector.
8) Michele M. (15-1) started twice last year, both time on the AWT, breaking her maiden in her first start before finishing unplaced in a Canadian listed stake. She will be making her first start of this year, first start on grass in her career and first start for a new trainer that wins often on grass but tends to struggle with trainees first start on grass. West Coast - Juliamarie by Mizzen Mast. 4x4 to Mr. Prospector, 5x5 to Secretariat, 5(C)x5(C)x5(F) to Raise A Native. Dam line traces back to Penelope/Prunella and the most influential family #1 in bloodlines history, without a doubt.
My Risks: $5 Ex Box 6-9, $1 Tri Box 5-6-9, $5 Tri Straight 6 with 9 with 5, $1 Super Straight 5-6-9 with 5-6-9 with 5-6-9 with 8. Total Risk $27.00.
7th Race: Maiden Special Weight --- Purse $90,000 --- 3 YOs & Up --- 1 1/16 Mile Turf:
8)Redistricting (3-1) is a first-time starter. It looks like his training started under another barn, then was a private purchase by current owner (private or purchases away from sales are not reported in most cases), then has a consistent work pattern for current trainer Brown with only one small break in his training that lasted 10 days until the day after the Ky Derby (likely concentrating on runners already entered to race). None of his works are eye catching but his last 9 works have all been at 4 furlongs officially, which is the normal Brown pattern. Kingman - Cascata by Montjeu. 4x4 to Kris, 5x4 to Northern Dancer.
1)Certified Loverboy (20-1) has started once this year where he tracked the early pace for 6 furlongs, then faded near the rail as the slow early pace quicken in a maiden race at 1 1/8 mile on grass, which is likely a little further than he is bred to excel at. Now cuts back 1/16 mile, which fits his bloodlines better and has one useful work since that start and returns to jockey who likely knows him better than others. Mendelsohn - Tasha's Moon by Malibu Moon. 4x4 to Mr. Prospector. Dam family traces back to family #3 which is the family of Sister One To True Blue, a daughter of a Byerley Turk mare who, along with her full brother Young True Blue, is most responsible for the formation of the 2nd X-factor gene family.
6)Ohana Honor (8-1) has two starts this year, the first on GP speed favoring dirt track where he tried to impact the race from well off the pace but had no real opportunity to do so. Next out, he was shipped to Aqueduct and moved to grass for the first grass start of his career where he was rolling in the stretch to just miss winning but also encountered enough trouble to make him late arriving to compete. Trainer Shug has put 6 more works in him since that effort, the first 4 useful works and then 2 easy works just to let him stretch his legs until a spot could be found to race him. Has the look of a trainer who is serious about breaking this one's maiden. Honor Code - Spacy Tracy by Awesome Again. 4x5 to Mr. Prospector, 5x5 to Bold Ruler, 5(C)x5(F)x5(F) to Northern Dancer. Dam has already produced 3 stakes winners from 6 known foals to race, including this one.
7)Fly Right (6-1) is making his first start of the year after making three starts last year and drew near the rail in every start, thereby forcing jockey to send him early for the lead to avoid being trapped (at least perceived by most). He has 10 works for his return, including last 9 at Belmont Park, but his last 4 works should have him fit and ready. Also goes first-time lasix. Astern - Fly By by Johar. 4x5 to Sadler's Wells, 5x5 to Danzig. 6th dam, Where You Lead, is an important and influential broodmare.
My Risks: $5 Ex Box 1-8, $1 Tri Box 1-6-8, $1 Super 8 with 1-6-7 with 1-6-7 with 1-6-7, $3 Super Straight 8 with 1 with 6 with 7. Total Risk $25.00.
8th Race: Allowance --- Purse $80,000 --- 3 Yos & Up N/W 1x or N/W 2 lifetime NY Bred --- 1 1/16 Mile:
7) Shadow Dragon (2-1) has three starts this year, finishing 2nd in a G3 stakes in his first start then giving a half-hearted effort in his next two in G2 stakes company, races he was clearly overmatched in and thrown against them much too soon in his young career. Will find these fits his current ability much better and looks like a solid key in the pick exotics. Has 6 works since his last start and most of them shows he still has a desire to be competitive. Army Mule - Fire Assay by Medaglia D'Oro. 5x5 to Northern Dancer but also has Somethingroyal crossing in the sire line through Secretariat and in the broodmare sire line and dam line through another son Sir Gaylord(x2). Has even more crossing influence through Turn-To & Teddy through multiple sons and daughters on both sides.
6) Ormstown (5-1) broke his maiden in his last start against NY bred in the third start of his career and now tries state-bred winners for the first time. This is a fairly weak field for an allowance race and the reason I landed on this one is I feel he has an ability to rate though he went gate to wire against easier in this last (or at least his bloodlines suggest he should). Bernardini - Sandra by Bluegrass Cat. 2x4 to A.P. Indy, 4x5 to Secretariat, 5(C)x4(F)x5(F) to Mr. Prospector, 5(C)x5(F)x5(F) to Northern Dancer.
My Risks: $8 Ex Straight 7-6. Total Risk $8.00.
Race 9: Pennine Ridge Stakes(G2) --- Purse $200,000 ---- 3 YOs ---- 1 1/8 Mile Turf:
4) Silver Knott (2-1) has one start this year and was overmatched against much better than he will see here. Will be looking to make amends for such a poor showing in last. Probably a little more eager than normal as he was fresh off a break and ended up burning all his energy before the real running began on a slow grass course. Europe does not record works between races as most works on private property and normally have to rely on what trainers tells everyone. Brings a substitute jockey along as main rider stays in England for the Epsom Derby. Lope De Vega - God Given by Nathaniel. 5(C)x5(C)x5(F) to Mr. Prospector. Lope De Vega is a son of Shamardal (from 1st crop of Giant's Causeway and dam was a full sister to Street Cry). Broodmare sire, Nathaniel, is also a 2-time G1 stakes winner on grass but is more famously known as the sire of Enable (15 wins in 19 lifetime starts).
5) Congruent (10-1) has started four times this year with a win on the AWT 2 starts back his only board finish. He switches trainers since his last start and new trainer has put 7 works in him, the first 4 looks like they were leg stretching type works to let him get a good feel of Belmont dirt surface followed by 3 good solid works with two of them grass works. Tapit - Part The Seas by Stormy Atlantic. 4x4 to Seattle Slew, 4(C)x5(C)x4(F) to Mr. Prospector, 5x5 to Northern Dancer, In Reality & Secretariat.
2) Sharar (12-1) is making his U.S. debut after shipping over from Dubai, switching trainers and given plenty of time to rest and become familiar with U.S. racing. Like a typical Pletcher trainee, he put in a few non-descript works but works improved in his last two after he was switched to grass, which he had already suggested in his first two starts he did not like the feel of Dubai's dirt (possibly did not care from Belmont dirt either). Upset potential at good odds. Gun Runner - Sacre Coeur by Saint Ballado. 5x4 to Herbager.
8) Far Bridge (9-5) has three starts in his career, with all 3 coming this year and he has 2 wins and a second, losing his perfect record in his last start when beaten a nose. However, I will take a stand against him for the win as his two works are typical Pletcher works, but his last was not an improvement which is normal for one of his trainees just before a start. Could be the track switch but more likely last took a little fitness from him. Your call, as he certainly has the bloodlines to beat these. English Channel - Fitpitcher by Kitten's Joy. 5x5 to Northern Dancer.
My Risks: $5 Ex Box 2-4, $1 Tri Box 2-4-5. Total Risk $16.00.
Race 10: Maiden Claiming $40K --- Purse $45,000 ---- 3 YOs & Up New York Bred --- 1 1/16 Mile Turf:
3) War Prince (9-2) 4(C)x5(C)x5(F) to Northern Dancer.
4) Atlanta's Acuna (6-1) Complete outcross in first 5 generations.
5) Fluorescent Bay (20-1) 5x3 to Icecapade.
6) Just For Luck (12-1) 5x5 to Northern Dancer.
8) Silent Running (10-1) 5x5 to Secretariat.
9) Thethrillofvictory (5-1) Complete outcross in his first 5 generations.
10) Sea Cruise (30-1) Complete outcross in first 5 generations.
12) Bad Larry (4-1) 4(C)x5(C)x5(F) to Mr. Prospector.
No bets on this race but using these in last race of P5. Total Risk All Bets: $125.40.
Woodbine June 3,2023:
5th Race: Maiden Special Weight --- Purse $111,600 --- 2 YOs ---- 5 Furlongs:
7) Call The Question (8-1) started once and finished last but had only 3 furlongs works with one poor gate work before that start in 4 1/2 furlongs and did not try after a poor break. Now has two more good works since that start, a 4-furlongs followed by a 3-furlongs gate work that is much better and now stretches out to 5-furlongs where she should get a better break from gate. 5(C)x5(F)x5(F) to Mr Prospector.
6) That Girl Artemus (6-1) is a first-time starter. Her 4-furlongs two back is very good followed by another good
4-furlongs work from the gate. If she breaks as well as she has shown, becomes a candidate to wire the field. 4x5 to Mr. Prospector.
2) Pipit (5-2) is a first-time starter. Has a good gate work two back at 4 furlongs followed by an easy 4 furlongs work. Attracts top jockey with an above average trainer. 4x4 to Mr. Prospector, 5x5 to Secretariat & Sir Ivor, 5(C)x5(C)x5(F) to Raise A Native, 5(C)x5(F)x5(F) to Northern Dancer.
9) Miramichi (15-1) has one start on the AWT at 4 1/2 furlongs, but drew outside on a rainy track which is usually the worst place to be, and the one just inside her got better break and she chased them throughout as they pull away while closest to the rail and she lost third at the wire to a late runner. Returns in two weeks but has another good 4 furlongs work since that start.
My Risks: $5 Ex Box 6-7, $1 Tri Box 2-6-7, $.20 Super Box 2-6-7-9, $.30 Super Straight 2-7 with 2-7 with 6-9 with 6-9. Total Risk $22.00.
Race 7: Royal North S(Can-2) --- Purse $175,000 --- 4 YOs & Up F&M --- 6 1/2 Furlongs Turf:
2) Bay Storm (3-1) has three starts this year with 2 seconds and one third. She has been an ultra-consistent runner throughout her career, missing a placing once in her 14 lifetime starts. While this looks like a step up for her into G2 company, it is actually a step down in class as she has missed twice to odds-on G1 winning fillies in her last 5 starts while 2nd both times, including beaten a nose by one of them. She will be going back on lasix for the first time in a while. 4x4 to Storm Cat.
8) Baby No Worries (12-1) has started four times this year, winning her first start in an allowance race on the AWT at TP with a good late kick to get up in time, then finishing 2nd in a small stakes race at same track in her third start using a good late kick again to just miss before finishing 3rd in her last start against the probable favorite in here in a G3 stakes race at this track with another good late kick. She has the look of finally putting it all together as she gets more racing experience and is also moving back to grass. 5x5 to Hoist The Flag & My Charmer.
5) Our Flash Drive (9-5) has started once this year and made it a winning effort in a G3 stakes race on the AWT at her home track here. She switches back to turf here where if she has a weakness, it is on grass as only one of her stake wins have come on that surface. However, all her grass tries have been in the U.S. where the competition is usually much tougher and since she is back on her home turf, so she deserves to be the favorite. One useful work since her last start. Outcross in her first 5 generations but has Nasrullah influences on both sides.
6) Sweet Enough (20-1) has started 3 times this year in two G3 stakes and a listed stakes race in the U.S. and has not placed. However, in all three starts, she was beaten by horses that would be vying for favoritism in here and her last indicated she is near to regaining her best form. Trainer is one of Canada's best and he has put 5 more works in her, the last three very good and indicates this filly is still moving forward. She will be racing on lasix for the first time this year. 5(C)x5(C)x5(F) to Mr. Prospector.
My Risks: $5 Ex Box 2-8, $1 Tri Box 2-5-8, $.20 Super Box 2-5-6-8, $1 Super Key 2 with 5-6-8 with 5-6-8 with 5-6-8. Total Risks $26.80.
Total Risks Both Tracks $174.80.
submitted by hodsct59
to horseracing [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 22:44 AnotherGills (Selling) Creed III 4K VUDU, 65 4K MA, Venom Duology HD MA, and tons of other cheap 4K codes!
(Selling) Venmo or Paypal
4K - Movies Anywhere
47 Ronin- $4
65 - $12
Ad Astra- $5
All Star Superman- $8
Avengers Infinity War- $6
Batman Year One- $6
Call of the Wild- $4
Cinderella (live action)- $6
Fantastic Beasts: The Secret of Dumbledore- $5
Field of Dreams- $5
Finding Dory- $5
Frozen II- $5
The Green Mile- $5
Halloween Ends- $7
Lone Survivor- $5
Mary Poppins Returns- $4
News of the World- $5
The Nutcracker and the Four Realms - $5
Oblivion - $5
The Revenant- $5
Secret Life of Pets- $6
The Shawshank Redemption- $5
Starship Troopers- $6
Star Wars: The Force Awakens- $7
Star Wars: Rogue One- $7
Star Wars: Solo- $7
Straight Outta Compton- $7
The Suicide Squad- $5
West Side Story- $5
4K Lionsgate (Vudu/iTunes)
Dirty Dancing- $5
Ender's Game- $4
Highlander- $5 (VUDU ONLY)
La La Land- $5
Punisher War Zone- $5
Rambo III- $4
Rambo (2008)- $4
The Man Who Fell to Earth- $7
4K Paramount Movies (VUDU/iTunes)
The Addams Family- $6
Event Horizon- $6
Gemini Man- $4
Ghost in the Shell (live action)- $5
The Italian Job (2003 vudu)- $8
Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit- $4
Juice (two in stock)- $5
The Lost City- $6
Pet Sematary (2019) - $3
Planes. Trains, and Automobiles- $7
The War of the Worlds (1953)- $6
Quiet Place- $5
Creed III- $12
Finding Dory- $5
Independence Day- $4
Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom- $4
Monsters University- $4
The Mummy Trilogy- $10
Venom + Venom Let There Be Carnage- $7
1080p Paramount Movies (VUDU/iTunes)
The Titanic- $5
submitted by AnotherGills
to DigitalCodeSELL [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 22:42 FootballFun1926 Pain persistent 3 days
I’ve got this pain on my left upper side under my ribs near my sternum but worsens when I lay on my side or when I eat and it’s been radiating to near my left shoulder blade and left upper bicep. When I breathe in the pain feels sharp. I don’t know what this could be I’m 23 female 5ft tall and 158 pounds. I don’t want to be dramatic and go to the ER and my clinic I go to doesn’t have anything available till Tuesday. Any advice ?
submitted by FootballFun1926
to AskDocs [link] [comments]