A Camera backpack is one of the most essential items on your trip so that you can protect your camera, lenses, accessories and also easily carry your camera, accessories and tripod when you are going out to take pictures.
In this post we are going to talk about the best DSLR backpacks available in India. Personally I suggest to buy a sturdy backpack for your camera instead of a shoulder bag because a backpack is much easier to carry as it has two shoulder straps. It always balances the weight of the gear when the bag is on your back.
You will find a wide range of DSLR backpacks online but we have done the research for you after going through tons of customer reviews and product specifications and shortlisted the best backpacks for DSLR in India.
What things you should consider before buying a backpack for your DSLR.
- Sturdiness – How well the bag will protect your camera gear and how much weight it can bear
- Storage – How much gear it can store inside
- Comfort – Will you be comfortable to carry this backpack for a long duration or when you are trekking/hiking in himalayas.
- Accessibility – How easy it is to use and access your gear inside the backpack.
Here is the recommended list of best DSLR backpacks in India – Our Top 3 Picks
- 1 Here is the recommended list of best DSLR backpacks in India – Our Top 3 Picks
- 1.1 Lowepro Protactic 450AW Camera Backpack
- 1.2 Tonba Camera Backpack TB669
- 1.3 Tamrac Anvil 23 Camera Bag
Our first recommendation for the best backpack is the Lowepro Protactic 450AW. This backpack is my personal favorite due to its features, comfort, ease of use etc.
- Extremely Lightweight and very compact design
- Able to securely pack a tripod
- Removable accessory pouch for easier and more efficient organization of accessories
- Comes with waist belt and chest strap for more comfort and weight distribution
- Fits 1-2 pro DSLRs, one with up to 70-200mm f/2.8 lens attached, 8 lenses/speed lights, 15-inch laptop, tripod and accessoriesNever miss a critical mission thanks four access points – the molded, turret-loading top, quick-grab from both sides and full, back entry for set-up and security
- Get versatile with five modular accessories – water bottle pouch, accessory case, tripod cup and two cinch straps – all slip lock-compatible and included with pack
- ProTactic features ActivZone system technology to deliver targeted support at shoulder blades, lumbar and waist for comfort on the move
The Lowepro AW 450 comes on top when it comes to protection of your camera and gear.
The exterior of this pack is made from water resistant and moisture resistant fabric. Therefore you do not have to worry about rain as long as it is no exposed to too much water.
The interior inserts are padded and give you the ability to change their set-up anyway that you prefer.
There are four access points in this Camera backpack to access your Camera and gear. You can open the backpack from either Left, Right, Top or back side to access the full gear.
You will be able to fit 1-2 professional DSLR, lens, tripod, accessories and most importantly a laptop in a separate compartment.
On the back panel they have an activzone suspension made up of perfectly moulded EVA to provide comfort and maximize breathability. The protactic 450AW also has a removable hip belt to provide an extra support when you need it.
If you’re looking for an great camera backpack for a long term duration then Lowepro Protactic 450AW is what we recommend. This might be a little expensive but considering this backpack gives full protection to your expensive DSLR and other gear, it is well worth a deal.
The Tonba Camera backpack TB669 is a strong, heavy duty backpack for your photography gear. This bag is especially recommended for people who carry a lot of camera accessories when traveling. It can accommodates 1 DSLR camera, 5-6 lenses, GoPro, GoPro accessories, your laptop and chargers.
- Capacity to keep 2 DSLRs, 6-8 lenses, Monopod, Mic
- Separate Pockets for Storing Memory Cards
- Fits 17′ Laptops in Separate Sleeve
- Holds Large Video Camera such as Canon, Nikon, RED, Sony, Panasonic etc.
- Front Accessory Organizer Pockets
- Side Cargo Pockets for Accessories
- Water Proof with Ballistic Nylon
- Strong Waist Belt for Better Grip and Comfort
- Rain Cover for Heavy Rain
Tamrac, Inc. is an American-based manufacturer of photographic equipment bags and backpacks. Established in 1977 by a group of amateur photographers who enjoyed nature photography, Tamrac is based in Chatsworth, California and has 200 employees.
Tamrac’s founders were outdoor enthusiasts who loved nature photography. They, like many amateur and professional photographers, had a strong need for camera bags that were tough enough to offer excellent protection, yet were easy to carry and allowed fast access to camera equipment to capture spontaneous wildlife pictures.
- Holds Pro DSLRs, Lenses & Accessories
- Padded Laptop Compartment
- Padded Touch-Fastened Interior Dividers
- Zippered, Exterior Accessory Pockets
- Clear, Interior TPU Storage Po
The Tamrac Anvil 23 offers plenty of protection for your camera and laptop. On the interior of the pack there are a selection of flexible walls and removable shelves that allow you to change the interior layout depending on what you are carrying with you.
It is very durable, well-suited for traveling with and offers plenty of protection to help keep your photography gear safe when you’re out and about.
With the help of two small horizontal pockets and one vertical pocket on the front the bag provides easy access to small items in case its required. There is a separate compartment and zipper for the laptop. For quick access to the camera there is a separate compartment with a zipper.
Exterior pockets are handy for storing items such as sunglasses, mobile phones, maps, wallet, and other necessities. Side compression straps are useful for keeping your gear free from excessive movement.
The Anvil 23 Backpack comes with the padded, grab handle or shoulder harness. For comfort and stability, the harness features padded, adjustable shoulder straps with a connector. On longer journeys, photographers will appreciate the added comfort provided by the removable hip belt. Both the hip belt, and the side of the pack have M.O.L.L.E System attachment points. There is also a rain cover provided that you can use in the event of a bad weather.
The main compartment of this bag features padded, touch fastening dividers for storing and organizing your pro-sized DSLRs with attached lenses, extra lenses, and accessories. Opposite your stored camera gear are three, interior, zippered, clear, accessory pockets.
A zippered, exterior, padded, front compartment has an inner sleeve for storing and protecting an up to 15″ laptop or other device. Exterior pockets are handy for storing items such as sunglasses, mobile phones, maps, wallet, and other necessities. Side compression straps are useful for keeping your gear free from excessive movement.
The Anvil 23 is gorgeous bag that is 100% recommended for people who do long trips and carry a lot of gear with them. The Tamrac is a little heavier than usual bag at around 1.9 Kgs and that’s because it is made up of tough material to provide extra protection against rugged terrain.