Without adventure, our life is very boring and thus you can utilize holidays to explore some new places. There is no doubt that you can plan a trekking trip to get rid of the daily routine. But one thing definitely will be going with you and that is your backpack bag. That’s why it is important for you to pick the Best Backpack for Trekking and Camping in India.
If you are planning to go on a long road trip or a hiking trip then backpack is one of the very first pieces of gear you would need. Considering you will be wearing it for many hours you should make sure that you pick the right backpack for yourself.
Mind you the best backpacks for hiking are not cheap at all but it’s an investment to add to your hiking gear list that will last for years.
One of our big goals here at TheActiveIndian.com is to make your life easier when it comes to buying outdoor, fitness and sports gear.
We list down the Top 10 Best Backpack Brands for Trekking and Camping in India (Updated February 2018)
- 1 We list down the Top 10 Best Backpack Brands for Trekking and Camping in India (Updated February 2018)
- 1.1 Best Backpacks for Trekking in India 2017
- 1.2 FORCLAZ – 50 Litres
- 1.3 Wildcraft Rucksack – 45 Litres
- 1.4 Gleam 0109 Climate Proof Mountain Rucksack – 75 Litres
- 1.5 FORCLAZ 70 TREKKING RUCKSACK
- 1.6 Mount Track Gear Up 9103 Rucksack – 50 Litres
- 1.7 Inlander Decamp 1009 Rucksack – 70 L (Blue)
- 1.8 How to select the right backpack for your trekking trip
- 1.9 Comfortable design
- 1.10 Perfect balance of body
- 1.11 Pockets are important or not
- 1.12 Storage of hydration resources
- 1.13 Additional features
- 1.14 How to pack a Backpack?
- 1.15 How is your backpack’s volume measured?
Best Backpacks for Trekking in India 2017Comparison of Best Backpacks for Trekking in India
|BackPack Name||Ideal for how many days trip||Waterproof Backpack||Our Rating (out of 5)||Price on Flipkart||Price on Amazon||Price on Decathlon|
|Forclaz 50 Trekking Backpack||2-7 days||Yes||4.5||Check Price on Flipkart||Check Price on Amazon||Check Price on Decathlon|
|Wildcraft Rucksack - 60 Litres||2-7 days||Not Waterproof (Only Water resistant)||4.4||Not available on Flipkart||Check Price on Amazon||not available|
|Gleam 0109 Climate Proof Mountain Rucksack||7-8 days||No (Comes with Rain Cover)||4.4||Check Price on Flipkart||Check Price on Amazon||not available|
|Forclaz 70 Backpack||7-8 days||Yes||4.3||Check Price on Flipkart||Check Price on Amazon||Check Price on Decathlon|
|Mount Track Gear Up 9103NB||5-7 days||Yes||4.1||Check Price on Flipkart||Check Price on Amazon||not available|
|Inlander Decamp 1009 Rucksack||6-8 days||Not Waterproof (Only Water resistant)||4.0||Check Price on Flipkart||Check Price on Amazon||not available|
The Forclaz backpack is a simple, lightweight and functional bag with pockets and easy access. Practical for both occasional hiking and traveling, this bag is made for Trekking “backpacker” style traveling on marked trails for several days.
- Carrying Comfort: Foam strap. Chest strap. Load adjuster straps. Hand rest. Adjustable back
- Compartments: 3 external pockets, 1 internal pocket and 1 belt. Pole-loop. bottom access and compartments.
- Abrasion Resistance: Don’t worry about this as Quechua offers a 10 yrs guarantee. Very hardwearing thanks to the fabric and reinforced seam
- Capacity: Volume 50 litres, Weight 1.7 kg and ideal for a camping or trekking trip of 2-7 days.
- Warranty: 10 Years
Wildcraft is an Indian outdoor and adventure product company headquartered in Bengaluru. The company’s products are sold in over 170 exclusive stores and 4,000 multi-branded stores in India & abroad. Their product range includes backpacks, duffle bags, hiking footwear, apparel and other products that are used frequently for camping or hiking.
This Wildcraft orange rucksack bag is one of the bestsellers trekking bags online. Its made up of strong and sturdy nylon material that is also water resistant. Remember this bag is not water proof but only water resistant. It holds up pretty well in minor rain and few splashes but definitely not in heavy downpour therefore you will need to cover it with a rain cover incase of any rain.
- Outer Material: Nylon, Color: Orange
- Water Resistance: Water resistant
- Capacity: 45 liters; Weight: 780 grams and ideal for a camping or trekking trip of 2-5 days
- Warranty: 5 years warranty against any manufacturing defects
Our Rating: 4.4 out of 5
Gleam is an Indian bag manufacturing company that provides different types of bags for Indian customers. Be it a leather laptop bag, school bag or a Sling bag.
It seems to be a local New Delhi based company selling private label bags on Amazon.in. They seem to be selling quite well online as they are currently in the Top 10 bestselling rucksacks in India.
- Metal Frame and Bottom Shoe Compartment & Rain Cover is at bottom zip
- Expandable Sack & Adjustable Waist Belt
- External and Internal Zipped Pockets in Hood
- High Durability and Weather Resistant
- Spacious, Lightweight and Durable
- Carrying Comfort: Foam strap. Chest strap. Load adjuster straps. Hand rest. Adjustable back
- Multiple Compartments: 5 pockets- 3 nets- 1 water bladder compartment
- Abrasion Resistance: 10-year guarantee. Very hardwearing thanks to the fabric and reinforced seam.
- Capacity: Volume 71 litres / Weight 1.9 kg and ideal for 7-10 days trekking or camping trip.
- Warranty: 10 Years
This 50 litre Rucksack from Mount Track has padded shoulders straps for comfort, internal pockets to store your gear. It also has fibre padded cushioned back for comfort and back support around town or on the trail.
Its slim shape provides freedom of arm movement and stability in situations requiring good balance. The sack bends and twists with you, giving a greater degree of balance; its technical back system is designed for alpine sports and high-grade routes.
The soft, specific pressure zones ensure exceptional load /carrier contact. The shoulder straps are also adjustable. These attractively designed packs cover a range of uses. With a range to cater from the summer walker to winter climber or climbing or mountaineering.
- Laptop Compartment for a 15 inch laptop
- Sack Opening for main compartment
- Sweat Resistant back
- Additional Nylon Rain Cover that makes the bag 100% waterproof
- Dual Pockets on Hood
- Adjustable Hip back that helps in weight division from shoulders
- Adjustable Sternum Strap that helps in keeping the shoulder belts in place
- Expandable sack for extra space
- Waterproof material
- Additional Bottom compartment for used cloths and shoes
- Other Features include dual Adjustable Straps with Buckle Detailing and Padding, Mesh Bottle Holders, Tool Carry Loop at Front, Adjustable Waist Strap with Buckle Closure, Zippered Pockets at Front, Compression Straps on Both Sides, Inside Accessory Pocket and Loop Handles
- Rain Cover Included
- 2 Year warranty against any manufacturing defects
The Inlander Decamp 1009 backpack comes with multi compartments & pockets on front and sides. It is one of the most stylish rucksack for adventure & hiking, Single comfortable handle with two padded and adjustable shoulder straps, Light and durable material, Zip Closure. Some people who have ordered this bag online claimed that the bag has weak stitching and material used is not strong.
- Width x Height: 280 mm x 690 mm
- 1 Compartment
- Polyester Material
- Zip, Drawstring closure at top
- Ideal for 6-8 days
How to select the right backpack for your trekking trip
While making a plan for trekking and choosing the backpack you should focus on the size and design of the backpack bags for trekking. This selection for the right backpack for camping is very important to avoid any kind of inconvenience later and this can also make your trip more enjoyable and memorable.
On the other hand, making a wrong selection of backpack bags can bring several kinds of troubles for you like a backache etc. It is also very hard to maintain the proper balance of the body at the time of hiking with improper backpack bag.
So you must know the good qualities that a backpack has and how you can obtain a suitable one which can make your trip pleasurable. However, choosing the right backpack is not an easy task and thus you must know some of these most significant tricks to make sure that you are taking the right decision.
List of essential items to carry in the backpack:
– 1 litre of water
– a cereal bar type snack
– a Rain Cut type waterproof, windproof jacket
Firstly, you should check that whether your backpack is comfortable or not. You must make sure that it fits you properly. With this on your back, you must be able to make any movement contentedly. It is much better to have a separate section for everything in it so that you can find items easily without wasting your precious time like camera, woolen cloths, water, snack bars etc. In case you are visiting water body or rainy place than you must also choose the waterproof backpack.
Perfect balance of body
Backpacks with the inner frame are stronger than usual bags and they also support your body due to good structure. The inner frame of the bag also prevents the bag from folding and gives you maximum balance at the time of trekking on high altitude like Mount Everest. With well-balanced body and properly shaped bag on your back, you will be able to make any kind of swift movements as well.
Pockets are important or not
There are two types of choices available in the market viz. with pockets and without pockets. There is nothing fixed in trekking and thus you have to make this decision on the basis of nature of the place that is going to visit. In case you need to open the bag frequently to have something than it is better to have pockets because you can exactly get the right item. Mostly trekking bags have pockets so that user can find the things easily and get them conveniently.
Storage of hydration resources
There are many options available for you when you are thinking to spend quality of time on your holiday and want something to carry your belongings. You can also consider Rucksacks and backpacking gear. They are available in different storage capacities. On an average, for a single person, 60 liters capacity is the best rucksack and you can carry many things easily. No matter which kind of bag you are choosing but make sure that it must have storage for water bottles. We never know what the situation will be so for the safe side you should also consider this.
Make sure that the stuff is strong enough to bear the rough weather conditions. You can also consider in-built locking system for the safety of your goods. Make sure that you are choosing a bright color because they are easier to find out at the time of rescue operations. There are many good backpack brands so you will never have a problem at the time of buying the most economical one for yourself.
How to pack a Backpack?
How is your backpack’s volume measured?
The volume of a backpack is measured using a standardized method by some adventure companies like wildcraft, Quechua, decathlon etc. They fill the main compartment of the backpack as well as each pocket with little balls. Then all these balls are poured into a graduated container which gives the equivalent volume in litre.
Hope with this useful information you can make a better decision now and we wish you all the best for your happy journey.