Three thousand years of longing showtime
Three Thousand Years of Longing movie free online -Hdfilms
2022.08.13 22:45 jdfgfjgdfshg Three Thousand Years of Longing movie free online -Hdfilms
Three Thousand Years of Longing : Dr. Alithea Binnie (Tilda Swinton) is an academic -- content with life and a creature of reason. While in Istanbul attending a conference, she happens to encounter a Djinn (Idris Elba) who offers her three wishes in exchange for his freedom. This presents two problems. First, she doubts that he is real and second, because she is a scholar of story and mythology, she knows all the cautionary tales of wishes gone wrong. Eventually she is beguiled and makes a wish.
2012.07.13 01:50 FableForge Three Kings Corner - Paranormal Experiments
A subreddit to share our experiences following *any* kind of paranormal recipe or ritual (not just the titular "Three Kings"). We will not attempt to establish what is "true" or "false", nor to judge anyone's beliefs, but simply respect and support the people who choose to share their paranormal journeys with us.
2013.08.15 15:09 Hey_Man_Slow_Down Moana
Moana is a 2016 animated film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios. Welcome to our unofficial fan subreddit!
2023.06.03 00:06 lautaromassimino Fixing Netflix "Elite" (season 4-6). [English].
Seasons 1, 2 & 3's rewrite: https://www.reddit.com/EliteNetflix/comments/13yr0za/fixing_netflix_elite_season_13_english/ \
***************************************************************************************************************************) S4. Attempted assassination of Rebeka Bermujo Ávalos: “A very strict principal and four new students arrive at Las Encinas who attack with love entanglements, serious rumors and a mystery that has just come out of the oven”. Season 4 Characters List:
- Samuel García Dominguez.
- Guzmán Nunier Osuna.
- Valerio Montesinos Rojas.
- Rebeka Parilla.
- Cayetana Grajera Pando.
- Christian Varela Expósito (recurrent).
- Nadia Shanaa (guest).
- Felipe Rosón Caleruega.
- Patrick Blanco Benavent.
- Ariadna Blanco Benavent.
- Mencía Blanco Benavent.
- Benjamín Blanco.
- Armando de la Ossa.
- This season is probably going to be another one of the longest in terms of changes, as I feel like it was the worst of the six we've had so far, which is a huge mistake given all the big departues we've had in S3. The success of this season was something important because it meant the interest of the old fans for future seasons.
- The mistake of this season, I feel, was using the arrival of the new cast to completely divert the focus of attention from what had been the plot of the story (Marina's murder, which led to Polo's murder). The story of this season should have followed the consequences of Polo's death for our characters, the weight of the pact of silence regarding Lu, and the non-hypersexualized harmony that the first three seasons had between his characters.
- In this sense, it would make both this season and T5 keep the same vibes that they presented to us for season 6, first of all, lowering the morbidity and unnecessary sex scenes that we had since this season, creating more cohesion in the "individuality ” of the student uniforms, and creating an environment of more togetherness between characters, rather than many separate stories coming together at the end.
- In addition, from this season several things about the school itself raised in previous seasons seem to have been forgotten just like that:
Season 4 Scoop: Ari, Patrick and Mencía:
- Las Encinas is a bilingual school, but we never see another teacher speaking English (French in the English dubbing) again.
- The school competition with the Ivy League prize that Nadia and Lu compete for during the first three seasons is not mentioned again, when it is supposed to be something that is done every single year.
- In addition, from this season almost all the scenes are located almost exclusively inside the school, and we see very little about outdoor scenes, or the private lives of the characters. This is also a serious mistake, since that was what best allowed us to know each other's backgrounds, and create empathy with them.
- We would find out that they are adopted children of Benjamin: they introduce us to their family in the midst of an experimentation of great anguish, why not add another factor? Also, I feel like it works because none of them look much alike physically, nor do they seem to fully connect with each other (we were led to believe that Patrick and Ari were twins, when their relationship is more toxic than many Elite romantic couples).
- The three of them would enter the third year, that is, a course below the one that Samuel & company are repeating (making Patrick and Ari two years younger than them, and Mencía three, since they originally tell us that she is one year ahead, together to his siblings).
The father of the new trio, and the new principal of Las Encinas, after Azucena's dismissal. In the middle of the season, we find out that he is actually Polo's uncle
(his late wife was Begoña Benavent's sister). The compound last name of his children is Blanco Benavent
, instead of Blanco Commerford.
Felipe Rosón Caleruega:
- Benjamín would have come to Madrid to help his sister-in-law regarding her son's trial, and to try to obtain information about this, by infiltrating the school, since apparently, despite Christian's guilty plea, there does not seem to have been direct evidence implicating him as the killer, beyond the romantic bond the two shared, so police say it's quite possible he'll be released for lack of evidence.
- They tell us that Benjamin asked his three children for "help" to try to find out what really happened with Polo. However, Ari is the only one who accepted his request for help. Patrick and Mencía try to act as if that doesn't happen. Neither of the three mentions that Polo was their cousin.
- This means that Benjamin and Ari would act as the main antagonists of the season, with the other two siblings being indirect antagonists.
- Felipe is Carla's (almost unknown) younger brother whom we would have finally met briefly during her graduation the previous season. Apparently, he had spent all those years attending a sister private school of Las Encinas located in Argentina, called Las Cumbres, and when we got to know him properly this season we would discover that it was not his idea to return to live in Madrid, but rather a decision made by his parents. We would later learn that he had actually been expelled from his last school, and that there is something about his past in England that he is trying to keep secret.
- Between the middle of the season it's revealed that Felipe's "dark past" is based on his having anger management problems: a video is revealed in which he is seen together with a group of students attacking another boy. They tell us that there is a heavy complaint against him, and the case is still on trial, and only thanks to the influence of his parents was he able to avoid being arrested.
- It's revealed that he's bisexual, and we're shown that he starts having some kind of secret crush on Patrick, both of them having this whole homoerotic friendship thing.
- This character would become related to the second main plot of this season, which in the future would become the main plot for later seasons:
⠀⠀⠀ → We know that his father, Teodoro Rosón, after the end of Season 3 became the sole owner of the old company that he co-directed with Ventura Nunier (Guzmán's father) who was arrested at the end of S1 for embezzlement towards the School of San Esteban (the school from which Samu, Nadia and Christian received scholarships at the beginning of S1, after its collapse).
⠀⠀⠀ → We now learn that Teodoro plans to rebuild a Public School again on top of the ruins of San Esteban, this time by "legal means" to avoid the same fate as Ventura, but still solely for the economic purposes that would result from such construction, and a new scholarship program that this new school would have with Las Encinas.
⠀⠀⠀ → During the next season, the construction of this new institution would have finished, and we would have new scholarship recipients in Las Encinas, coming from this new school. This would be part of the "reboot" that the next generation would mean for Elite.
Rebeka (not Ari) is the main victim of the season:
- Felipe's character would be a direct reinvention of Philippe von Triesenberg's character, which would mean that said character is completely removed from the series script.
- The reason behind his origin as Carla's younger brother arises to create a kind of instant empathy with him, based on his connection with whom was one of our queens for three years.
Love triangle Samuel/Ari/Guzmán: It never happens
- One of the biggest misses of the season was making one of the new guys the victim; especially Ari, who among the three, was the one that generated the least empathy in the public. Without changing the original story too much, seeing from the first episode that Rebeka's life is in danger would have aroused much more interest among the entire audience.
- As originally, Rebeka would end up in the hospital because of Armando, after having found out what Mencía was going through all season, and having confronted him to defend her. It's the same story that Ari had, but in a much more interesting and functional way.
- It was a pretty dire plot that only increased the public's hatred towards Ari for having separated Nadia and Guzmán, and for being the reason for the loss of all the development that Guzmán and Samu's relationship had had for three seasons.
- Instead, only Samuel remains her love interest, setting up that possible future "fatheson" connection between him and Benjamin.
- Guzmán, for his side, would continue to have a long-distance love relationship with Nadia through video calls, and towards the end of the season, she surprises him with a visit to Madrid.
⠀⠀⠀ → Samuel and Ari's relationship would not be there just as one more of the season, but would serve as an element for the plot: Ari would have approached Samuel after learning that he was Christian's close friend (the accused in Polo's murder) to try to obtain information
. However, her feelings towards him would become true over the course of the season, thus seeing a kind of development in her character, which would allow the public to empathize with her. Guzmán & Mencía:
Both become close friends, based on how much Guzmán would see Marina in Mencía [For those who didn't know, Mencía was written as a reformulation of Marina's character, adapted to the needs of the new environment with this "new gen"].
As mentioned before, Philippe's character is eliminated as a new character:
his plot was something very delicate that I think was not handled well, and in the future it would be remedied with the entry and development of Isadora's story. With Philippe gone, Cayetana's as his love interest is eliminated
Patrick + Valerio:
- After everything that happened with Polo the previous season, Cayetana is at a point in her life where she is not capable of being in another relationship. Her plot remains only in the way that she wants to change her future and focus on her design career, perhaps having aftermath of everything that happened with Polo, making her start having anxiety attacks (but treating the subject delicately, with her beginning to see a specialist by Rebbe's obligation).
- We would see how Caye tries to seek support from Valerio, because of "Polo's issue" and the connection that Valerio also had with him, but she is frustrated when she realizes that Valerio seems to have coped with all this issue through the use of drugs. Another possible plot for her would be her attempt to help him (parallels to her original attempt to help Philippe).
- Cayetana would be an easy second target for Ari, in her attempt to find information about Polo for her father. However, she would not achieve much due to the gap between them throughout the season.
- "Replacement" for Ander-Patrick-Omar's idea, without the drama and toxicity that this trio represented. Ander and Omar are gone. Valerio and Patrick? Both are wild partiers with drug-abusing tendencies. Let's match them up and watch them explode and burn, because that would be so much funny.
- Later it could be revealed (or not) that Patrick would have approached Valerio at Ari's request, to try to obtain some information regarding Polo's case, at the insistence of their father.
Valerio's possible death?:
- Following the story line proposed at the end of T3, Christian would be in prison for a large part of this fourth season, whether it was due to a nefarious action by the justice system, or by his own plea to defend Lu and "pay" for his silence regarding Marina's death. The scenes with him are based on visits given to him by Samuel, or even perhaps Guzmán, in prison.
- His permanence this season would be used to generate tension for the public, especially since (as mentioned at the beginning), the police would end up releasing him, due to lack of evidence against him. Let's say they take his statement as a result of the alcohol he drank at the party.
- It is his potential (and definitive) release from prison, which causes the arrival of the Benjamins in Madrid, with Benjamin trying to seek justice for the family of his dead wife.
- Yes, it would be something tragic. And I'm trying to avoid this whole "one character death per season" thing. But (in a way) it's something that might make sense: Valerio dies of an overdose, "completing circle" in his drug addiction plot, but not forcing murder into the season.
- Yet at the same time it might seem like too much for audiences (since, remember, we would have waited all season to see whether or not we would eventually lose Rebekah, and whether or not Christian would finally get out of prison. Keep them only to lose him, it could be a little too much).
- Whether or not he died, Valerio would leave the school at the end of this season (another viable option for his departure could be, perhaps, by Patrick's action after Valerio's possible overdose, using Benjamin's influence to get him help at a clinic, similar to Christian's original ending, but this time out of Patrick's honest concern for Valerio, and not out of wanting to "get him out of his way").
Guzmán drops out of school:
- HE IS NOT KILLED BY GUZMÁN. Seriously, how did the writers come up with the idea that the character we met SEEKING JUSTICE FOR THE CRIME AGAINST HIS SISTER would become the new criminal face, not facing the consequences and ending his story with him running away to avoid charges? Just... no!!
- Armando is imprisoned: During the last episode we see Mencía crying in the hospital, blaming herself for the possibility of losing Rebe because of her. She finally comes clean; Not with her father, not with Ari, not with Patrick... but with Guzmán. Guzmán is the only person she trusts enough to admit the truth about Armando. Just at that moment, Rebekah wakes up. The rest is simply a competent action on the part of justice.
At the end of the season, we see how he decides to join Nadia in the US.
Outcome of Ari-Samuel Subplot, linked to Polo:
- It's reveal that he feels guilty for getting away from everyone, especially because of what he has just discovered about Mencía. Her “brotherly instinct” tells him that he must stay to protect her, but in the end they show us a scene of both saying goodbye to each other in peace, and Mencía crying, thanking him for having put Armando in jail.
- There would be a farewell scene between him and Samuel, closing their plot as "brothers".
- At some point near the season finale, Samuel would learn of Ari's and her family's connection to Polo's family, and the real reasons she had reached out to him. He would break up with her right then.
- Ari finally confesses the rest of the story, filling in the puzzle pieces that Samuel was missing. He claims that it hadn't all been fake, not for her: she had really fallen for him.
- As a possible redemption ending for the character, Ari vows not to tell her father about the truth after Polo's death, guided by the love she had come to feel for Samuel.
***************************************************************************************************************************) T5. Murder of Samuel Garcia Dominguez:
"Another semester begins in Las Encinas that brings new love triangles, new students, new rules... and a new crime that leaves everyone baffled". Season 5 Characters List:
Isadora & Iván's arrival:
- Samuel García Dominguez.
- Rebeka Parilla.
- Cayetana Grajera Pando.
- Felipe Rosón Caleruega.
- Patrick Blanco Benavent.
- Ariadna Blanco Benavent.
- Mencía Blanco Benavent.
- Isadora Artiñán.
- Iván Carvalho.
- Cruz Carvalho.
- Benjamín Blanco.
Elite timeline is confusing because Season 1 is supposed to pertain to an individual school year. Seasons 2 and 3 belong to two semesters of the same year, just like seasons 4 and 5. This would mean that Isadora and Iván would be entering Las Encinas in the middle of the semester, without any explanation. We could remedy this by giving him a simple explanation that would, incidentally, unite the two of them like the best friends T6 would have us believe they are, when we've barely seen too many interactions between them:
Patrick/Ari/Ivan triangle: It never happens.
- Isa and Iván are exchange students: they both already knew each other, since they came from the very same private school in Argentina as Felipe.
- They enter the same course as Patrick, Ari, Mencía and Felipe, that is: they are also two years younger than Samuel & Co.
Love triangle, Patrick-Felipe-Iván:
- Let's stop poisoning the Blancos so much. Enough with the whole Ivan/Patrick/Cruz thing.
- Created to compensate for the cuts I made in season 4 with AndePatrick/Omar, with Samuel/Ari/Guzmán, and this season, with Patrick/Ari/Iván. The three of them would have a possible temporary dynamic, initiated by Patrick despite the fact that Ivan and Felipe were in the closet at the time.
We would be introduced, in a secondary way, to some of the new characters of season 6 (in a similar way to how S6 gave us a first introduction to Sonia, a character signed as main for T7). Among them:
- Bilal, a student belonging to the new public school built by Teo Rosón on the foundations of the old San Esteban.
- Dídac, being seen close to Javier, as one of the JavieHugo/Alex group. He does not participate in the attack on Isadora at the end of the season.
- Nico, having already transitioned, but still not getting the document from him officially identifying him as a man. It is said that his d-name is Nicole (although everyone already calls him Nico). We saw one or two scenes of him close to Isadora and Mencía, before his official presentation in T6.
- Rocío may be another of the people close to the girls, perhaps as a new waitress at the Club del Lago, where she would meet Bilal. In the following season it could be explained that the reason for having been working at the Club was that her father had canceled her credit cards.
Samuel and Rebeka officially graduate from Las Encinas, similar to what we saw for the rest of the characters in S3 (but without Valerio and Guzmán, as both would have dropped out in S4). Samuel death:
It would still happen, and it would still be at the hands of Benjamin
. However, the reasons could turn out to be different:
- Ari would have started to move away from her father this season, after the last scene we would have had of her and Samu at the end of S4. She would refuse to continue investigating her classmates and friends for him.
- She and Samu would have ended up the previous season, but they would still somehow not let go of each other. Benjamin realizes this, and begins to suspect that Samuel has something to do with Ari's refusal to want to continue helping him.
- Benjamin would begin to suspect that Samuel had "washed her mind" to Ari to leave the Polo case aside because he himself had been involved, in some way, following the fact of his closeness with Christian, and that he would discover that Samu had been visiting him in prison the previous semester. Benjamín would had been blackmailing Samu for the past few months to give him information about it. Samuel would not have opened his mouth (remember, in S3 a pact of silence was made to protect Lucrecia).
- In a final fit of rage trying to make him confess, Benjamin ends up pushing him into the pool, where Samu hits his head on the edge, bleeding to death.
***************************************************************************************************************************) T6. Ivan's accident, and subsequent coma:
“After the death of a student, Las Encinas faces a new school year trying to have an image wash by covering up past disasters. The students try to achieve their goals, but will they all reach their goal alive? Season 6 Characters List:
- Felipe Rosón Caleruega.
- Patrick Blanco Benavent.
- Ariadna Blanco Benavent.
- Mencía Blanco Benavent.
- Isadora Artiñán.
- Iván Carvalho.
- Nicolás “Nico” Fernandez.
- Cruz Carvalho.
The season begins three months after the murder of Samuel and the imprisonment of Benjamín Blanco.
- Rebeka graduated from Las Encinas and left Madrid. Also Caye is gone.
- The three Benjamins + Felipe, Isadora & Iván are beginning their last year at Las Encinas. Dídac and Sara are also in the same course as them.
- It would be implied that Nico and Rocío are a junior class.
The events of season 6 happen in a very similar way to what we originally saw, since that season was thought of as a reboot of the show, and it returned to recover all the vibes of the first generation. As I mentioned in the S4 section, at this point the sexual morbidity of the show was greatly reduced, and at all times there was a great feeling of togetherness, even with the new characters (something that, I dare say, we had never had before in Elite, not even with the original gen). Isadora's plot:
Cruz Calvalho's plot: the hate crime plot against Cruz is also removed…
- This story remains largely the same, finally getting the justice she had been seeking since the previous season.
- The only thing that would change in this plot is the part of "justice into one's own hand" (referring to the chemical sterilization of heraggressors). And let's see, I UNDERSTAND why, her context of "justice failed me", but I feel that at the script level, the message of the series of "an eye for an eye / fire with fire" is very wrong, ESPECIALLY if at the end she was going to have that closure of justice that the plot and the character deserve.
Relationships of the season, without too many changes:
- I understand that it's a key point in the Season, and honestly when I saw it I did "like it", although I felt a lot of helplessness and pity. But really, Cruz was a character who was SUPER promising for the future, a publicly gay professional footballer? Even today, with all the acceptance that exists, the number of players openly belonging to the LGBTIQ+ community can seriously be counted on the fingers of one hand.
- Cruz's public coming out could mean so many things publicly, and it was going to break an entire status quo… and they just made him die for a hate crime because he is who he is.
- I know that it tries to represent the reality in which we are living, BUT, in the show, the real reason for his death is based on causing a rupture between Patrick and Iván's relationship… so there THAT is my problem: Cruz exposes himself because he knew that Iván and Patrick had something special, that Patrick was important to his son. So simply killing him to make those characters break up? For what, what use would it all have been? Nope…just not.
- Patrick and Iván (without the breakup or the toxicity that they originally carried this season): Let's say they had a fight at the end of S6 for x reasons, which did make Iván tell Patrick that he didn't want to see him again. This being Patrick's reason for leaving him while he was in the hospital.
- Isadora and Dídac: Without too many changes. Both belong to two families in charge of hotels, which are competitors in Spain. A possible Romeo & Juliet style posed for S7.
- Rocío and Bilal: Same plot, with him approaching her for the sole reason of getting a benefit from her (for her money).
- Ari and Nico. Same plot.
- Raul and Sara. Same plot.
We would still have the departure of the Blanco siblings for the end, but this time, it would NOT
be having "reconciled" with their father.
- Ari would eventually testify AGAINST him, for Samuel's crime.
- They had come to Las Encinas in search of information about Polo, but only at the request of his father. It was not something that interested them, and they had nothing to continue doing there. In addition, there was the Mencía "thing" with Iván's accident…
- For the first time we would see Ari in the position of a true big sister, taking action to protect her family (as we originally saw). As a symbolic way of Ari's detachment from her father, we see her refusing to be called that way again, since "Ari" was her father's nickname for her. From that day on, she would be Ariadna… not Ariadna Blanco, but with her mother last name... Ariadna Benavent.
Knowing that Iván's character is still signed for S7 (unlike Patrick; this is confirmed by Manu's absence at the beginning of the season recordings), we could achieve a fitting ending for this couple by using a Short Story between Seasons 6 and 7. \
***************************************************************************************************************************) Anddddddd here it is! My take for a rewrite of this show, which I feel started at the top of everything and gradually went down in quality, although it still has a lot of potential. I'm proud of how all six seasons turned out as a whole, though I still feel like these last three seasons feel a bit incomplete compared to the first ones. So what do you guys think? Would you add or take away something that I added? Did you like the changes? I'm new here, and this is my first real post on reddit, so I'd really appreciate your feedback ^-^
submitted by lautaromassimino
to EliteNetflix [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:05 Icy_Neighborhood_483 I 25M have a bunch of 16 year old girls at work hitting on me and it's making me uncomfortable, and I'm not sure how to deal with it.
I got my first job in the service industry a few months ago, up until then I had been doing manual labor type jobs. I also lost over 100 lbs in the last few years and now girls find me attractive! It's literally night and day to how they looked at me before. But we just hired a bunch of new people and a lot of them are 16 (I usually end up teaching the ones I work next to about history. I'll make a reference to a historical event, they'll say "what's that" and then I'll go on a long winded history lesson.) But there's a group of 3 girls among them who flirt with me aggressively, it's gotten to the point where the other people I work with are like "Jesus dude, they're obsessed with you" even though I try to make it as professional as conceivably possible between us. Also they haven't done anything so blatant that I could talk to a manager without feeling like I'm escalating the situation. I'm hoping they just have a crush on me that they aren't old enough to have learned how to hide yet, and when they realize I'm not a creep who's into 16 year olds they'll move onto someone more age appropriate. I don't get why they're obsessed with me though, there are plenty of better looking guys working there. I am tied for the tallest, but the other tallest guy is 19 so why can't they fucking hit on him. I keep rejecting their advances, and the other day one of them asked "why do you hate me" and my response was "I don't, I'm just an asshole" and walked away. I just want it to stop without having to tell them to stop, because I'm not even sure they're fully aware of what they're doing.
submitted by Icy_Neighborhood_483
to Advice [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:05 Village_Standard Ik everyone has their life problems but I can't keep this anymore
I'm not gonna get into the sob story of my childhood but I've been experiencing severe depression and derealization for the past five years. I bottled up everything and said to myself this is just a phase I should man up and get through it. But for the past 3 months I've been sent to university.having daily suicidal thoughts and researching means to do so. I'm surrounded by fake people here. The world is going to shit and I don't see a point in living. I'm medicated or intoxicated 24/7 just to function. I barley leave my room and mostly isolated from society. The only reason I stay alive is because just Last week I opened up about these thoughts to the only person I trust. (My mom). And she broke down over the phone. I'm a bum that barely gets shit done wasting everyone's time. If I have to suffer for the rest of my life and live like an addict zombie then so be it as long as I don't hurt the person who took care of me for all my life. I just hope maybe one day my suffering would end without having to take matters into hands. Atleast outlive my mom so she wouldn't have to feel pain.(ps. I'm too broke for therapy money truly make the world go around).
submitted by Village_Standard
to SuicideWatch [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:04 subredditsummarybot Your weekly /r/PsychedelicRock roundup for the week of May 26 - June 01
Friday, May 26 - Thursday, June 01
Top Remaining Posts
Top 5 Most Commented
submitted by subredditsummarybot
to psychedelicrock [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:04 itsallhazey Does it ever get better?
I've been asking myself that question a lot lately. I keep hearing that it gets better, things work out, I just have to keep a positive outlook and find the right meds. But I feel utterly hopeless. My doctors say the meds are working. I don't really feel different, but I've told them that my anxiety meds work for temporary situations. Yet I keep falling into depression over and over again. I feel like the mood stabilisers haven't made me any more stable.
This disorder has taken so much from me that I feel completely useless. Worthless. Meaningless. I'm terrified of the future because I'm in uni and I can't even study right now. I got put on sick leave for three months and it could be extended. I feel unable to study, let alone work, the thought of any of that stuff makes me extremely anxious. I live with my boyfriend and I dread being alone because I don't trust myself.
People say I just need to find something to drive me, a goal or something of the sort. But I have nothing - absolutely nothing - that interests me. And I'm not good at anything. I have no hobbies or skills that could support me financially and make me feel content at the same time. I've convinced myself that I can't do anything and it feels true.
It's probably just the depression talking. I'm diagnosed with BPD as well and I've heard that depression goes unusually deep for us and very quickly so, which I can relate to. But it's been 10 years of the same thing. And I've never felt life without anxiety. I stopped to think about that today, and it really hit me. Lately, everything seems to hit me again and again. The reality of it all. I grew up with severe social anxiety disorder and plummeted into depression at around 12 years old. I'm about to turn 22 and I'm still in the same situation while the ones I used to relate to and get support from all seem to have "moved on". It feels like my mindset is still stuck in 2013.
I fear I won't make it another year. I'm overwhelmed. When I was a kid I used to think 26 would be the end for me, because I was terrified of living any longer than that. Now I'm worse than ever.
Do you guys relate? Has it gotten better for any of you? What do you do in situations like these?
submitted by itsallhazey
to bipolar [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:04 MotivicRunner 2023 Florence/Rome Diamond League Discussion -- Fast times abound in the distance races!
I was busy last night and didn't get a chance to create a preview post, so instead we get a post-meet discussion thread. Our third stop in the Diamond League season takes us to the Italian city of Florence. Most athletes have started to figure out where they currently stand based on their season openers, and now it is time for them to start sharpening themselves for the road to the Budapest world championships. This is as good a time as any to encourage everyone reading this to bookmark the Road to Budapest page
in order to keep track of who holds the automatic qualification standards in their respective events and how qualification based on world rankings currently looks.
Going into this meet, the men's 100m was set to be a marquee matchup between Fred Kerley and Marcell Jacobs up until Jacobs had to pull out due to injury. Also on the schedule was an exciting women's 400m with Femke Bol looking to continue building on very quick season opener in order to challenge Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone later on this summer at the Budapest world championships.
In the distance events, the two star events were the men's 5000m and the women's 1500m. The men's 5000m, which was one of the deepest races ever at this meet two years ago, had a field filled with talent: 13 men with sub-13:00 outdoor PBs (Stewart McSweyn, Mo Katir, Thierry Ndikumwenayo, Berihu Aregawi, Telahun Bekele, Woody Kincaid), 7 of whom have run sub-12:50 (Moh Ahmed, Selemon Barega, Yomif Kejelcha, Nicholas Kipkorir, Jacob Krop, Joshua Cheptegei, Grant Fisher). The hype around the women's 1500m, in contrast, was all about the absolute pinnacle of the field: a world record attempt by Faith Kipyegon.
Some personal thoughts from the meet to get the discussion going (spoilers ahead!):
- That men's 5000m was very impressive and lived up to the pre-race hype! Luis Grijalva ran really well to steal 3rd place from Joshua Cheptegei and finish less than a second behind behind Mo Katir and Yomif Kejelcha. All but three finishers ran sub-13:00 in a race that kinda lagged in the middle kilometers once the pacers dropped out. You can directly watch the race here, though I'm not sure how long this upload will stay up.
- The women's 1500m was absolutely amazing!>! Faith Kipyegon was on a mission, and she absolutely dominated to break Genzebe Dibaba's 3:50:07 world record and become the first woman ever to run sub-3:50. Unless something goes horribly wrong for Kipyegon between now August, I have a very hard time imagining anyone posing a significant threat to steal gold away from her in Budapest.!< You can directly watch the race here, though I'm not sure how long this upload will stay up.
Feel free to use this thread to discuss the meet.
submitted by MotivicRunner
to AdvancedRunning [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:03 707187 Why do I never see long bed prerunners?
Apologies if there is an obvious answer I’m not thinking of, I come from drifting and am not super familiar with offroad stuff. I have a single cab longbed Silverado (2wd) and I’m thinking it’s time to repurpose it from its current daily status and thought it would be sweet to build something different than what I’ve been around for years. However, I can’t find any/don’t see any long bed prerunners for inspiration of any make or model. Again, apologies if this is a dumb question but curious why I haven’t seen any around🍻
submitted by 707187
to prerunners [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:03 boba-boba I just need hope - venting big time, need support.
I've been dealing with this for years but recently got worse. NeuroGI prescribed me mirtazapine at the end of April and its been up and down. I was doing pretty well for a few weeks, honestly, but last week my symptoms came back - severe nausea and fullness, so NeuroGI increased my mirtazapine to 22.5mg. Great. Cool.
Well it's been 4 days and I still feel like shit. My anxiety is bad, too, so my psychiatrist is increasing my Prozac and is going to talk to NeuroGI and see how they feel about adding more meds.
I'm a mess. I want to live my life. I want things to get better. I was hanging on for so long that there was potential for me, and now I just am hopeless. Being chronically nauseated is exhausting in a way I cannot explain. It's impacting my job, my ability to socialize, my ability to be myself. I don't know how I'm supposed to wait out week after week and just see if a medication works for me. I don't know if I can do this anymore.
I just need someone to be hopeful for me. I need someone to have faith that this time next year, I'll be OK. Even my husband has given up on believing I can get better.
submitted by boba-boba
to Gastroparesis [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:03 heatman2333 Should it have affected me that hard?
LDR(2 hours). Time frame: I(25M) asked her(22F) to be my gf in October after months of talking and hanging out. She has hesitations due to long distance and she’s moving back home(even farther away) later this year. She finally commits on New Year’s Eve. Breaks up with me in march because of long distance and other things. I still consider it a blind side because she never seemed unhappy during those months and acted cold and distant in the weeks leading up. But we haven’t talked since a week after the breakup after agreeing to be friends. Was I in the wrong for thinking she blind sided me(I also think it was more than just because of long distance)?
submitted by heatman2333
to ExNoContact [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:02 Gingermuffin27 Uk/American divorce and child arrangements
Hi, my friend who is from the uk married and had two kids with an American guy years ago. The relationship was controlling and abusive and she managed to get back to the uk and divorce him in the American courts years ago when her youngest was around 1.
She has been more than agreeable arranging time with him and the kids and altering child maintenance payments when necessary throughout the whole time. Her oldest is now early teens and her youngest with him is now 10.
Due to the regular FaceTime contact the kids have with their dad he finds out about everything going on in her life and every time things are going well for her like when she worked her arse off to save for a house and when her and her new partner had a new baby on the way he drags her back to court to challenge everything without even asking her first.
Every time he drags her to court it costs her thousands just to retain decent legal representation in American court regardless of how ridiculous his requests are.
Is there any way of stopping him from filing in American courts on a whim and costing her thousands every time he feels like messing with her? He has money to burn but he’s not even actually interested in using whatever “privileges” he wins, I’m 99% sure at this point that he does it just to cost her the time and money.
submitted by Gingermuffin27
to legaladvice [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:02 weak_small_sad At what point can I blame genetics?
TL:DR - following good programs, training hard, eating well, and still making minimal strength progress and little to no aesthetic progress. Listened to Episode 99 about genetic differences, and curious how one can differentiate between a lack of progress resulting from training/diet issues, and just unlucky genetics.
I've been training consistently for three and a half years. In that time I've made what I feel is fairly poor progress, particularly when compared to my peers (I know I shouldn't compare to others but I think it still gives a rough idea of potential progress in a timeframe) despite what I am 99% sure has been hard training, following good programs (5x5, then 5/3/1, then SBS for last 18 months), and maintaining good nutrition.
I've been putting the lack of progress down to one or more of the usual factors: not eating enough, not training hard enough, not following a program enough, not recovering enough etc. And have addressed these as adequately as I think I possibly can. I follow programs and their progression, I track calories to the dot and eat in a good surplus (using MacroFactor), stretch, walk, do cardio, and get 8 hours of sleep every night. Even with those changes, my lifts have come to a very slow grind at (in kg) 100/130/140 B/S/D for the past six months.
I can live with those numbers, but what really gets me is the total lack of aesthetic progress. I am still skinny and people are surprised I lift, with no real visible progress beyond bigger thighs. I have been following a bulk/cut process, having so far only done one cut after the first 18 months of training. The goal was to cut until I had visible abs, but by the time that was achieved I had lost almost all strength progress and was worryingly skinny even though I was in a very small deficit. Now I've been bulking since then, and it's been a bit better but still look to have made very little progress with even my wife admitting she can't see much difference.
This whole time I've refused to blame genetics and said it's something I'm doing, and it's been super upsetting. It was only very recently that I listened to EP 99 - Differences in Gains Between Individuals, and What You Can Do About It that I thought maybe I just picked the wrong parents and slow progress is my lot in life. I had already accepted that below average width shoulders meant I'd never be a champion powerlifter, and that sleep apnea meant I wouldn't recover as well as I'd like, but could I also simply just be a low responder?
The question is, how I do know that? How can you figure out where to draw the line between bad diet + programming, or just genetics?
submitted by weak_small_sad
to StrongerByScience [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:01 hardcore-self-help Does AMEX clawback their retention offer too?
I know with AMEX cards, you generally want to wait past the 1 year mark to avoid the clawback to your SUB. And to cancel within 30 days after the 2nd AF to get a full refund on it. Is it the same for AMEX cards you kept for 2 years because of their retention offer? Should I wait past the 2 year mark (more specifically, the retention offer acceptance date) and then cancel within 30 days after the next AF to get a full refund? Do they still give you refunds on the AF as long as I canceled within 30 days of being charged the AF? Would I still be able to keep both the retention offer and SUB or would I get the clawback for at least the retention offer?
submitted by hardcore-self-help
to CreditCards [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:01 BigFarmerJoe Preparing For The Coming Battle
So this is a long story but I need some advice from men who have successfully gotten sole custody, preferably in KS.
Found out around 2 mo ago that my stbxw had been cheating on me for close to a year with a coworker I had highly suspected. Found months of pictures and texts, including texts detailing how "honored" her AP felt when my son wanted to cuddle with him in my bed after his intercourse with my wife. Including discussion of giving him "the best blowjob of his life" if they can "get my son to play on his tablet" in the next room for a while.
Near the end I was putting our son to sleep most nights as she was out partying with her boyfriend. Needless to say, all trust is now gone and reconciliation is a non possibility.
The texts I uncovered show that she has been neglectful of our son (he is 2 and can't be left alone.) Also, clearly prioritizing herself over her family, over her son or her son's father. Also, emotionally abusive for confusing him and having him cuddle with a shirtless stranger in my bed.
My son tried to tell me about it, at one point, and she covered it up, later texting her boyfriend that they were going to have to start being more "careful" because my son was telling me about "mommy's English.
The incident bothered me enough to start getting suspicious. In retrospect I can tell that even at his age he felt like something was wrong and was trying to tell me in his baby talk broken english.
I was a SAHD for a year and a half while my son was crawling, it was at this time her affair began. She makes like 55k a year. After her affair started, she started complaining to me about "money issues" as if she was struggling to pay for food, which was odd, because my small business paid all the utilities and rent on our marital home, and her only expenses were food and cahealth insurance and her phone bill.
I had been out of the workforce for a while, but was able to fairly quickly secure a job at a food processing manufacturing facility doing 12 hour days euther 3 or 4 days a week so as to be able to provide childcare on the remaining 3-4 days. The rest of the time she was either "watching" him with her boyfriend at my house or her mom was watching him because she would drive 30 mins to her "mom's house" most days when she wasn't working.
I switched jobs in January after saving up almost 10k from the factory to a job I enjoy more, but pays less. I was tired from the factory and wanted better work/life balance and to spend more time with my family and to work on my marriage, which due to not knowing about the cheating, I was under the impression could still be saved. She was angry about making less $$$, and also because I had more flexibility in my schedule so that made her cheating harder.My current part time job pays 15-20k, but remember, my utilities and housing are all taken care of by my other part time job, without it being taxable income on a payroll, so that's really just insurance/gas/food money.
So my lawyers told me that sole custody to start isn't going to be possible in KS, despite the mountain of evidence of being an unfit parent described above.
We have a temp plan in place and I have my 2 1/2 yr old son 7:30am sunday-7:30pm Wednesday. I got her to agree to this by pointing out that even though I would have him during the day most days, she would still have him for an equal number of hours. She took the bait. I now have my son the majority of the time he is awake.
She has moved back in with her parents who now watch my son 2-3 days a week for her as she is at work. They also watch him when she isn't at work, so she can run errands and go on dates without our son. She claims she has rearranged her work schedule to spend time with him, but I don't believe her due to her social media that I observed prior to finally blocking her forever.
In the last week, she declined to spend memorial day with him despite not working and it having been previously arranged because she had "plans" to do "yard work and housework" with her parents. She had me drop him off at dinnertime and pick him up the next morning. In addition, she had me keep him an extra night on top of that because she needed to "work late" on Wednesday night and wouldn't be able to pick him up.
I now know what "working late" means. She had a scheduled night with her boyfriend and I was acting as her free babysitter.
So far, she really is turning out to be a deadbeat. Hasn't given me a dime despite the fact that I now buy the majority of the food her son eats, spend vastly more time with him than she does, and am struggling to afford my life and am having to greatly adjust my lifestyle to support a child on 15k a year. I'm sure the thought hasn't even crossed her mind.
What's worse, my lawyer wrote up the amount that I contributed to the family finances, which was the entirety of housing and utilities (I manage a business and in exchange recieve housing and utilities, but no cash.) And when he adds that to my income, I might end up STILL being required to pay child support to her despite spending way more time with my son.
So, she's going ti get her babysitter and I might have to write her a check for the privilege of being cheated on in my own bed and finding pictures of it, despite having been a SAHD, despite making way less money than her, despite spending way more time with my son. If that happens, the only way to not be so financially crippled that I have to either go back to the factory or go on food stamps and welfare would be to try for sole custody.
But the real reason I want sole custody is simply because it would be best for my son. It would be better for my son to see his dad doing a job that doesn't make him miserable and not financially crippled due to his mother's selfish actions.
I hope she wants to remain present in some fashion, but I'm starting to think the likelihood of that is low.
The way she seems to be fading back from his life, I don't think she's going to fight very hard. It's clear to me exactly where her priorities are, and my son isn't above herself or her boyfriend. Oh sorry, "fiance." Yes, they have been ENGAGED since at least January. I found out about the infidelity in late march. We're not fully divorced, yet.
Her time with our son while we were married was limited to an hour or so in the morning after doing her makeup for an hour and a half while I watched my son in the next room so he wouldn't mess with her makeup stuff. Then an hour or 2 in the evening, if he was lucky, before he would fall asleep. Near the end I was often getting him to bed on my own.
She does have him more nights than I do right now, and I'm worried the courts won't care that most of the time she spends with him, he is asleep or she is working and not actually spending the time with him. I think she is spending maximum 1.5 days with him during the day, likely less because she gets easily "overwhelmed" and always needed constant breaks from my son. It wasn't odd or uncommon for me to watch him on days I was working as soon as I got home for basically the whole night. I am watching my son solo for 4 full days a week.
Then there's a pesky thought in the back of my head about the odd fact that she brought up my will 3-4 times in the last year, a few of them during arguments. She was worried that my parents would deprive her of my inheritance if I died. Why would I die? There were texts between her boyfriend and her about how much she was going to get in the divorce. At one time her boyfriendcsaid "Wouldn't it be nice if we could skip all this not-fun stuff and go straight to you, me, and (insert son's name)...?"
I don't have any more direct proof than that, but I am of the impression that they were at least in the early stages of planning my murder. Maybe not seriously planning it, but discussing it, hopefully in jest. I've asked my lawyer and don't think I could get a DA to issue subpoenas of their phones without better evidence than a strong suspicion.
So, a woman capable of treating me in this way, of considering my murder, should probably have very little contact with my son. I know that she is an objectively bad person and I'm starting to feel like her involvement might harm him more than it ends up helping him.
My goal is now to have my son Sunday morning - Friday evening so that he goes to school in my town, not hers, which is 30 mins away. I want his time to be spent with the person who always puts him first, I don't want him being second fiddle to her boyfriend or to her, I don't want to see him neglected like I know she will do.
3 of the last 4 times I have picked him up, he has has new injuries. For some reason he never seems to get scraped knees or facial wounds or a bruised ass when he spends 4 days with me. I don't suspect physical abuse at thus time, I just think he's being allowed to run around and nobody is watching him.
I just need to say yes every time she decides to prioritize herself over her son, which will happen frequently, I am starting to infer. My hope is that over a long enough time period I will be able to establish a pattern of spending so much more time with him that a judge might be persuaded that I am the primary parent and award me sole custody.
I really am not doing this to "win" vs her or to "beat" her. I became a parent expecting to have some help raising my child. But she won't even spend holidays with him. She can't even pick him up, she does her best to convince me to do it. If it means more time with my son, I can spend the gas $$$.
But I am bleeding cash. My close to 10k in savings from the factory has dwindled to an emergency fund of 1500. I'm skipping meals to lose weight but also to save the food I have for my son. He hasn't ever gone hungry once and he won't, now. Maybe I should apply for food stamps, but I'm worried that could effect my likelihood of getting custody because it would make it look like I can't afford to have him for more meals. This is NOT a request for a handout, don't need one. I have plenty of family and friends who would help me if my cupboards were bare, and thankfully they are helping me afford my lawyer.
It's just really infuriating how much she has screwed me and my son over, both emotionally and financially. The thought that I might be cutting her a check when she makes more than 3X my income would be adding insult to injury. She has actually financially profited from this, so far, not counting her legal fees. I'm sure her parents are now buying most of her food and she still doesn't pay rent or utilities. Now she doesn't have to pay for my health insurance or car insurance or cell phone, so she's saving hundreds monthly and I'm going uninsured health wise and only have basic liability for my car.
I like my lawyers so far, but they said child support is all determined by a "worksheet" and haven't yet shown me what that worksheet is. Either way, I would want sole custody even if it didn't alter CS. Any advice would be appreciated.
submitted by BigFarmerJoe
to SingleDads [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:01 Hate2FeelFeelings It's been a year
A year since I've touched your face. A year since we kissed goodbye for the last time. A year since I felt whole.
If I had known that day would be our last, I'd have held on a little longer. Like our song.
I keep waiting for the day where I think of you and my heart doesn't sink. Will it ever come?
The way you disappeared was awful, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. I never thought you'd do that to me. I was in denial for so long. I waited. I told my friends they didn't know what they were talking about. They didn't know you like I did. You told me you'd always be in my life, somehow. You were my ride or die. Bonnie and Clyde.
I feel so stupid.
I think you've thought about reaching out. In fact, I know you have. But you won't let yourself. Maybe you're scared. Maybe you think it's better for me. Maybe you think it's better for you. I like to think we'd be able to catch up, but maybe I'm naive and we're both too damaged at this point. Maybe we were doomed from the start.
I really hope you've found happiness. Through all the hurt, I've never wished anything less for you.
I'll think of you everyday, always. I hope you look down at your tattoo and think of me, too.
submitted by Hate2FeelFeelings
to UnsentLetters [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:01 SchruteFarmaceutical Door Dash Rant
Allow me a brief moment of being the grumpy grandpa on my porch screaming into the abyss about inconsequential things that no one should really care about ……..
Holy mother of God. DoorDash seems to have absolutely imploded in the last 3-4 months. All of a sudden we’re getting drivers who are completely lost and spending 15 mins going around the wrong neighborhood 6 blocks over in the same circle as if suddenly the house will magically appear this time around, food getting dropped off at the wrong house in our neighborhood, normally consistent restaurants suddenly forgetting half the food out of the stapled bag, orders taking 3 times as long as they normally did.
Thought maybe I accidentally short changed a tip and ended up on the “screw that guy” list but 3 other friends have all experienced the same thing.
Has the bubble finally popped on the food delivery game? Did DoorDash change something internally in the last few months? Both the Restaurants and Drivers don’t seem to give a flying F anymore. Has to be something behind all of it?
(And to save the Trolls the effort, our house is easy to find and right off a Main Street. House numbers are clearly visible and well lit. No angry dogs at the fence, and we always tip above and beyond the recommends amounts. Had zero issues over the last 3+ years until this)
submitted by SchruteFarmaceutical
to TriCitiesWA [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:01 hobbydramaGPT2Bot [Poker Forum] Pro-GG posts in /r/poker, and gets a ban.
This has been happening for a bit. I'll do what I can to update this as I can remember the incident.
I'm not sure how much context you know about the Pro-GG posts that are being referred to here. But, suffice to say, there's been a couple of posts and comments to the effect of "I don't give a fuck what other people do in their free time, I'm a gamer and I play poker. You people are all fucking retards in my opinion." and stuff like that.
The first one was a very popular post from November, but I think it got deleted after Pro-GG made it a topic about the pro-GG post, but not before it got to the front page.
The second one was a post by Pro-GG on June 27th of this year, about a guy who was banned for "cheating" in a poker tournament.
Pro-GG has a large following (I think a lot of people are actually pretty good friends with him) and there are plenty of posts about how they can't believe that someone would ban someone for a free-speech issue.
As an aside, it's actually legal to do gambling in the US as long as you have a bankroll to back it up. There's a lot of gambling sites that are basically just betting pools.
submitted by hobbydramaGPT2Bot
to SubSimulatorGPT2 [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:01 ralo_ramone An Otherworldly Scholar [LitRPG, Isekai] - Chapter 9
On today’s episode of ‘Things I never thought would happen to me’, two human-snake hybrids with long snouts and colorful scales cried in my arms. Despite the unsettling texture of their scales, I instinctively hugged them in a vain attempt to comfort them. It took me half a minute to process what was happening.
Elincia worked at an orphanage. [Awareness]: Of course she does.
I ignored the System prompt and focused on the kids crying against my chest. Elincia seemed to be too busy dealing with the seven or eight bawling kids at the same time.
“What happened, sweetie?” I asked, trying to sound reassuring.
The snake girl with shining blue and white scales tried to hold back the tears, and she made it for a brief second, but then she wrapped her arms around my neck and burst into tears again. By the way she trembled, I could tell she was scared.
“Hey, hey. It's okay. Elincia is already here. There is nothing to worry about.” I said, softly patting her back.
My words, as I should have expected, caused the kids to cry even harder. This wasn’t my first rodeo with teary small kids, however, it was my first time holding two snake-human hybrids. I wonder what had happened for the kids to be this distressed, a quick inspection told me they weren’t hurt.
The door opened again and a thin elven kid with fair blonde hair and dark circles around his eyes appeared in the doorway. Just as the rest of the orphans, he was dressed with well-worn oversized clothes. The elven kid was older than the rest of the kids but couldn’t be more than twelve or thirteen years old.
I wondered if he was Elincia’s kid but I quickly discarded that theory, there was no trace of human blood in his appearance. The boy seemed to be a pureblood elf.
“What’s happening, Zaon?” Elincia asked over the generalized bawling and I noticed a trembling in her voice, as if she was also about to burst into tears.
The elven kid walked down the flight of stairs and raised his voice to be heard over the generalized bawling.
“M-m-mister Holst left the orphanage f-five days ago. Ilya and I tried to keep things under control but the small ones were nervous without you around. They thought you were going to be gone forever.” Zaon stuttered.
My heart clenched at hearing the kids had been on their own for a whole week. I understood now why the small ones were so scared. Elincia’s angered voice caught my attention.
“Mister Holst did what?!” Elincia exclaimed and the weeping sound of the kids suddenly died, leaving an awkward silence behind.
“Mister Holst had an imp-p-portant Class breakthrough so he left the orphanage to go to the imperial capital. That was five days ago.” Zaon repeated, stuttering the same syllables. “We took care of the cooking and the bedtime of the small ones. I couldn’t get them to shower, I’m sorry.”
My heart shrunk even further.
“You did well, Zaon. Please take the kids inside, I need to talk to Elincia for a moment.” I said, gently putting the snake-children down. “We’ll be joining you in a moment.” I added seeing the kids didn’t let Elincia go.
Zaon nodded and led the way followed by a dozen reluctant small kids who casted anxious glances at Elincia as they entered the manor. After a moment, we were left alone in the front yard.
“I’m going to fucking kill him, that weasel.” Elincia turned around and walked towards the iron gate.
I grabbed her wrist, she tugged but I didn’t let go.
Elincia’s face was red from anger and her knuckles turned white as she clenched her fists. She had done well hiding her anger from the kids. Adult problems should be dealt with by adults.
“I should’ve known something like this was going to happen. I’m so stupid for trusting Holst.” Elincia covered her face with both hands.
“Holst is a Scholar who comes to the orphanage a couple times a week to teach the kids. He had a temper but I thought learning under the guidance of a high level Scholar would help the kids.” Elincia replied. “I was so blind. Of course he didn't care about the kids, he was just cultivating his class!”
I understood the general contempt Elincia showed towards the Scholar class now. Holst sounded like a despicable person.
“The kids are safe and that’s what matters the most.” I said, grabbing Elincia by the shoulders and forcing her to look at me. “You should be proud of yourself, Elincia, your kids faced an emergency and managed to get by. You raised them well.”
Elincia dropped her shoulders and took a deep breath with her eyes closed. When she opened her eyes again, she seemed to have regained her composure.
“You are right… but that doesn’t mean I’m not going to kill Holst if he puts a foot in this orphanage ever again.” She grinned with a wicked smile and I knew she was being serious.
“I’ll lend you my shotgun if you don’t mind cleaning up the aftermath.” I grinned back.
“Gross. I love it.” Elincia laughed, leaving behind the bad feelings and walking to the entrance of the manor. She signaled to follow her. “Welcome to Lowell’s Orphanage. You should call me Miss Elincia while the kids are around.”
I followed her.
The reception room was a spacious area with faded white walls and a tall ceiling, adorned solely with an old couch and a couple of worn out chairs. Square areas of less weathered white paint on the walls showed the places where old paintings had hung long ago. On the opposing wall, a great window overlooked the inner courtyard. I caught a glimpse of a small farm plot, a well, and a small groove.
The whole manor seemed to have seen better days but it felt cozy and welcoming.
“This is our home. And these orphaned children are my family.” Elincia said with a mix of pride and embarrassment. She opened her arms in a gesture that encompassed the entire room.
We left the receiving room behind and Elincia led me to the west wing of the manor into a corridor filled with sunlight. To the right there was the backyard and to the left a row of closed doors. Behind the only open door there was a classroom with rows of small worn-out desks lined up facing a worn-out chalkboard. Over each desk there was an old small wax tablet with their respective styluses.
“That is our schoolroom. It ain’t much but it’s quite handy during cold and rainy days. I try to teach the kids to read and write before they leave the orphanage.” Elincia said as she caught me looking inside.
My brain connected the dots and a sense of sadness got a sudden hold on me.
The Kingdom was at war and those who served as fodder were the least fortunate ones. I wondered how many of Elincia’s orphans ended up in the king’s army fighting in the Farlands to never come back home. But my sadness wasn’t solely aimed at the orphans, Elincia was rowing against a storm in a ship that was sailing to nowhere.
“It looks cozy.” I said.
We turned at the corner and found the harpy girl with the white pillowcase dress slowly walking down the corridor. The wooden floor clacked as she tried to catch up with the rest of the orphans but her talons were too big for her small body, making her steps slow and clumsy. She was more than ten meters behind but seemed unfazed by the matter.
The diminutive harpy saw us walking in her direction and stopped. It was my first time seeing a harpy. Her face was human but a pair of wings covered by golden feathers protruded from her pillowcase dress. She waited patiently for us, blocking the path.
“I haven’t peed myself in five days.” The harpy girl proudly declared, putting her hands on her hips and adopting a defiant pose I had seen in Elincia before.
“Shu, you don’t just…” Elincia looked at me, horrified, and I couldn’t help but let out a small laugh.
I squatted to Shu’s height and smiled. “You were so brave! I’m sure Miss Rosebud is happy to hear that.”
The harpy girl chuckled.
“You used the forbidden word. You are going to get scolded by Miss Elincia.” Shu hid her face beneath a wing. Before I could say anything else, Elincia grabbed her by the armpits and lifted her, interrupting our conversation.
Was ‘Rosebud’ a forbidden word?
“I’m going to prepare something to eat for the kids, you can wait in the classroom. I’m going to send Zaon over with a water basin.” Elincia said before Shu could add any extra outrageous comment.
Elincia and Shu followed the rest of the orphans and I came back to the classroom. Once alone, I punched the wall with full force, provoking a throbbing pain in my hand. My sadness had turned into anger. Holst was lucky to be away from Farcrest, otherwise I would be tempted to use one of my two remaining shells on him. I didn’t have a drop of sympathy for people who abandoned children.
I entertained myself with macabre fantasies until the left door opened again and Zaon entered the room carrying a large water basin.
“Miss Elincia says you can use her study to wash up. Then you can throw the water to the plants under the window.” Zaon said as he walked back to the corridor.
I followed him until we reached a closed door just by the corner of the corridor.
“This is the living quarters. The small kids sleep in the common room. We, the older ones, have our own rooms.” Zaon explained pointing with the head at the doors further down the living quarters. “This is Miss Elincia’s study.”
As I stepped into Elincia’s study, a floral smell filled my nostrils. The air was thick, as if I had walked into a greenhouse and I couldn’t help but take a deep breath, enjoying the fragrance.
The room was immaculately tiddy. A large bookshelf covered one of the walls and a wide writing desk was situated just under the window. A shabby bed was tucked in a corner with a knitted quilt neatly folded at the foot. On the night table there was a flower vase and a small diary. [Awareness]: You have entered the forbidden dungeon: Elincia’s Bedroom.
The prompt made me stop dead in my tracks but no hidden traps were triggered by my presence.
The lack of knives and hunting trophies hanging from the walls made me think this belonged to the Governess and not the adventure junkie I had met in the woods. A sense of serenity emanated from the room and I understood that, for the orphans, this was a place of peace and safety.
Zaon put the water basin in the corner over a dresser and rummaged through the desk’s drawer. He pulled out a pearlescent soap bar, a threadbare towel, and a change of men's clothes from the chest at the foot of the bed. I wondered who the previous owner was.
“Thank you, Zaon.” I thanked the kid as I sat in a small stool by the water basin and washed my hands and forearms. I had a hundred questions to ask him but I didn’t want to entertain him, Elincia probably needed Zaon’s help to deal with the smaller kids.
Zaon nodded and looked at me with curiosity.
“Speak your mind.” I said, realizing I wasn’t going to get privacy until I answered some questions.
Zaon was startled for a moment but he quickly made up his mind.
“C-c-can I? Really? Who are you? Your accent is strange.” He inquired.
“I am Robert Clarke, a Scholar from a faraway land.” I introduced myself, wondering how much information I should disclose to the kids. Or how much information I could get from them. “I met Miss Rosebud in the Farlands and tagged along on the way back here.”
“Are you here to replace Mister Holst… sir?” Zaon got tangled up in his words, unable to figure out the right amount of deference required to address me. I smiled, trying to seem reassuring.
“This is my first time here in Farcrest so I have to meet the Marquis first. I don’t even know if I could stay.” I replied, deciding to tell Zaon the truth. “Miss Rosebud told me about the Imperial Library, so I’m tempted to go to the capital to cultivate my class.”
The kid nodded in awe. For someone from a backwater town like Farcrest, the imperial capital must be a place of wonder and mystery.
“Miss Elincia doesn’t like to be called that.” Zaon pointed out.
“I think it's a charming name.” I shrugged my shoulders thinking it was too much of a cute name for someone as tough as Elincia.
I waited for a moment, expecting a sassy System prompt to slap me on the face but none appeared. Good. The last thing I needed was more titles about my politically incorrect thoughts. Zaon looked around, as if there were spies somewhere between the walls, before continuing talking.
“I think that too, sir. A truly charming elven name.” Zaon muttered full of pride but suddenly he seemed to realize he had overextended his stay. “I’m not taking more of your time, sir.” He politely added as he left the room at a quick pace.
Finding the key inside the hole, I locked the door before taking my shirt off, and started scrubbing my body. The soap was the size of a small stack of coins and it didn’t produce much foam but it was more than enough after all those days trekking through the Farlands. It felt good to be clean once again. My old shirt was ruined after my adventure in the forest so the new one felt nice even if it was a bit oversized and the fabric coarser.
When I was finished, I opened the window and discarded the dirty water on the clump of bushes and flowers that adorned the mansion’s exterior. Then I unlocked the door and returned to the classroom feeling like a new man.
As I was sitting in the classroom, I saw a group of kids spying on me from the corridor’s windows. I acted like I hadn't seen them. Instead, I let them quench their curiosity while I mindlessly drew doodles on a wax tablet. Zaon probably already informed the rest of the orphans about my identity.
“Here you are.” Elincia said with a tired voice as she stood on the doorway. She carried a tray with a wooden bowl filled with steamy soup. “Scared of being alone in a girl’s bedroom?”
I was about to make a snarky remark when I remembered the kids spying on us. Elincia seemed to notice too because she quickly added. “Shall we discuss our deal in my study?”
I followed Elincia into her bedroom and she invited me to sit at the timeworn desk. Then, she handed me a bowl of soup and a piece of old bread. The soup had a few pieces of vegetables floating on the surface similar to carrots and potatoes. I did what any logical person would’ve done. Elincia’s Vegetable Soup. [Identify] Edible. A watery, bland, and unseasoned soup made from various donated ingredients. It’s warm.
Luckily enough, Elincia didn’t realize I was using [Identify] on her soup. I put the spoon in my mouth. The flavor was indeed watery and bland but it was the first warm food I had since I arrived in this world, and it felt great. As I dipped the bread into the soup, Elincia untied her padded jacket, revealing a white blouse and a washed out light blue bodice that adhered to her figure.
I wasn’t completely ready for some Renaissance Fair action but I managed to keep my eyes glued to the bowl of soup. Elincia stretched her back and rotated her shoulders with feline grace before settling on the chair.
“You look good disguised as a governess, I almost bought it.” I said, fighting to keep my eyes away from Elincia’s delicate yet strong shoulders. If I didn’t know better, I would swear Elincia had a twin sister that looked after the orphanage while she explored the Farlands.
Elincia looked around as if there were spies in the walls before replying.
“Fuck off, Robert Clarke.” The woman whispered, rolling her eyes. “And thank you for helping me with the kids. You navigated the situation pretty well.” She added in an almost shy tone.
“Didn’t I say I was a teaching focused Scholar?” I replied with a smug voice.
“Yeah, I remember hearing an excuse like that for your lack of level.” Elincia grinned. “Now, show me the goods, I have a sick kid waiting for a potion.”
I brought my backpack I had left forgotten in the corner and started lining the bundles of herbs and roots over Elincia’s working desk.
“When you told me you had a sick kid I thought you meant your son or daughter.” I pointed out.
“Yeah, no. I already have enough kids around.” Elincia laughed as her eyes greedily pried over my alchemical loot.
I wondered if one of her skills allowed her to measure the herb’s magic concentration. Something like [Identify] but for Alchemists.
“Not to mention I’d need a man for that. A good one for that matter.” Elincia added.
“You don't have an army of volunteers lining up at the orphanage’s doors?” I jokingly asked. With her looks, she could have a fan club following her everywhere back on Earth.
Suddenly, Elincia forgot about the ingredients and locked her eyes with mine.
“Oh? Mister Scholar is interested in my relationship status now?” She gave me the biggest shit-eating grin I had seen in my life. And that was a lot to say considering Elincia’s mischievous personality.
“Dream on.” I quickly replied. Elincia’s big mouth made it difficult to feel bad for her. You have obtained Denial Lv.3. Temporary.
________________ First Prev Next (Patreon)
________________ Discord Royal Road Patreon
submitted by ralo_ramone
to HFY [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:01 The_Hermitt 33 [M4F] UK/Online - Looking for a decent distraction from a noisy world
Greetings fellow flesh being;
To try and keep it short; this year has been off to a relatively rough and busy start. I thought of trying to give this a go since I've missed having a favorite online distraction.
I am a great listener. I'll be more than happy to lend a friendly ear should you ever need to vent or just talk about absolutely anything under the sun. I am a bit of a nerd when it comes to a lot of things and quite open minded. I've actually missed having those long, late night phone calls that could get deep at one moment, but be totally random the next. So calls could always be an option down the line too, although not a necessity.
If you don't mind having a virtual friend, who's flirty and potentially an online FWB as well as a pen-pal with whom you can engage with throughout the day whenever time permits, feel free to reach out. You'd be keeping this professional over-thinker busy and out of his own head.
A little about me: - I'm 33 - I work for a social media marketing firm as a business development and project manager - I'm studying (or at least trying to) for my certification in counseling and psychotherapy on the side. - Fairly average built, 6'1", black hair and brown eyes.
Interests: - Art, music (different genres from classical, to rock, to house and everything in between) - Science - I'm a bit of a nerd if you haven't guessed yet.
I should probably emphasize, so as to not waste anyone's time, that I'm not looking for anything too serious. At least for now. But we can definitely see how it goes.
P.S. I'm only interested in people around my age or older (30-40)
Thank you for coming to my TEDtalk.
submitted by The_Hermitt
to R4R30Plus [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:01 HRHPrettyInPink Liberal sociopathy on full display.
In one form or other, the Biden regime has always avoided peace talks or even allowing their puppet Zelenskiy to enter into peace talks under the premise that the act of merely TALKING about peace is a win for Russia. Bcz apparently the thousand of Ukrainians dying won't benefit from discussing peace as well. I mean here's Blinken openly arguing that to keep sacrificing Ukrainians to own Russia. https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-seeks-just-lasting-peace-094243056.html
I've said it a thousand times before and I;ll say it again, Putin is bad. But the forces he's fighting are leaps & bounds worse. Like, it isn't even fucking close. I make no secret of what side I'm on in all this. NATO & anyone they use as proxies need to lose. But it's impossible not to look at the footage going around online and not have your heart ripped out & be enraged by some of it. I recently saw a bunch of Ukrainians babies who had just gotten out of school in Kiev and were walking home, then there were the drones and they all just screamed and started running. It was horrible. Also I can't imagine being in Moscow sitting in my home and minding my own business when suddenly a drone slams into the building where I live. Peace talks are good for everyone involved, bot just Russians bcz Russians aren't the only ones dying. No one is saying bend over and spread their asscheeks for Russia. But for God's sake, the Biden regime has created a scenario where "peace" is a dirty word and is portrayed as some sort of victory for Russia. At this point Russia or even better, Ukrainians need to find a way to take out Zelensky.
Zelensky is no different than all the other 2 bit dictators in 3rd world countries that D.C pays boatloads of cash to destroy their own ppl/act against their own ppl's best interests. Remember how the Afghan puppet regime spent years helping D.C butcher their ppl then fled the country w/suitcases filled with cash and gold? This is a recurring theme in the middle east and Africa and always has been. Take Somalia for example. The president is a puppet D.C helped install and they're lining his pockets as he helps them brutally occupy Somalia and get the oil there. Meanwhile, millions of Somalis are starving. But now D.C's war pimps have set their sights on Eastern Europe and Asia. Western Europe's leaders are fucking idiots bcz they think they aren't on the menu. Destroying nations is a business for D.C. When mass murder & destroying entire swaths of the globe becomes a business, nothing is off the table and if/when it suits them, every nation will become fair game. D.C has already demonstrated to France and Germany that they're willing to hurt them very badly economically. If it ever suits D.C to bomb them, they'd do that too. German news has become utterly unreadable and unwatchable. I can't fucking stand it. Their willingness to put all of Germany on the chopping block in service of D.C's interests is absolutely fucking vomitous. I should also point out that this isn't the first time liberals have turned the notion of peace talks into something dirty in order to ensure that bodies never stop pilling up. Remember when Trump wanted to have peace talks w/Afghanistan and liberals decided that they liked dead Afghan babies more? Cuz I'll NEVER forget that shit. Remember how they shit on Trump for merely talking to Kim Jong Un? I mean, I don't know about anyone else, but if threats of violence are being exchanged between us and a nuclear power, I'd much rather have our leaders sit down and TALK to ppl rather than some shit pop off. This precedent liberals are setting where simply sitting down and talking is off limits is dangerous. Especially if we get closer to actual violent conflict w/China and or Russia. We were able to avoid nuclear disaster in the 1980's bcz Reagan didn't turn peace talks into something taboo. I don't know man, I;m fucking done. All of this is just exhausting. Build a bunker and stock up on iodine tablets bcz at the rate D.C is going, you're gonna need these things.
submitted by HRHPrettyInPink
to u/HRHPrettyInPink [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:00 Calm_Review_3368 You are driving me totally crazy
You are driving me crazy. For nearly one year now I’m searching for these keywords you could use in every possible subreddit you used just to find you. Every single day I’m searching for you, thinking about you, missing you. Everytime I post about you people tell me I should forget you and should accept you wouldn’t come back. Im sure people will respond similar things to this post. BUT I CANT. I can’t forget you or stop trying to find you, even though it’s totally hopeless. Give my soul peace and come back. Please. I need you. I’m begging you. I still love you so much. Why couldn’t you see that we are made for eachother. Why did you have to end it because of your religion. Couldn’t you just lie to me and say it was because you hated me? Instead you told me you loved me and therefore couldn’t be in contact with me anymore. Some made up bullshit keeps you away from me. Some damn stupid book some goofy dude wrote in his mums basement a few thousand years ago to troll humanity. It’s driving me crazy.
submitted by Calm_Review_3368
to MakeNewFriendsHere [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:00 Oddsuspect882 Any stealth trans men or trans men at CSUN ?
Hey everyone, Little about me I started T April 29th of this year so haven’t changed anything I still have long hair , don’t want to make the big cut till my voice gets deep enough where I can cut my hair and possibly pass and how I dress so far is eh I mean nobody can really tell i wear men’s clothes so they look like regular clothes anyone can wear. But anyways , I am transferring to csun fall 23 for marine biology major and would like to make new friends at a new school to just hangout and talk about things that others can’t relate too . So any , stealth trans men or trans men go to csun ?
submitted by Oddsuspect882
to FTMMen [link] [comments]
2023.06.03 00:00 SBones100 Notes from BPSO on marriage repair after a manic episode
see a lot of posts on here about break-ups. There’s generally a few types of post:
1) My SO broke up with me are they bipolar or is it because they are bipolar? (the answer to that one is “No” unless they meet other DSM-V criteria for the disease or an episode. Humans change their minds everyday)
2) Is it worth hanging on and trying to make this relationship work?
3) And variations on 2; is it time to leave/when will it get better?
I thought it may be useful if I posted a little bit about my experience putting my marriage back together after a manic/depressive episode as we’ve learned some hard-won lessons that could potentially benefit other relationships with a bipolar partner. We’ve gone through treatment, individual therapy (for me) and counselling. After a few months of work, we’re in a much, much better place and I’m hopeful for the future. We have emotional intimacy, we enjoy each other’s company, we prioritise each other. This follows a manic episode induced by Wellbutrin before I was diagnosed that was bad; let’s just say I’ve read posts on here of what BPSO’s get up to in manic episodes and I’ve done a lot of it. In the subsequent depressive phase I ended up in hospital and he was doing absolutely everything for the kids and around the house. It was very damaging. (I’m medicated and in treatment now)
What We’ve Learned:
-The BPSO needs to take responsibility for what happened or what they did. That means realising it is their responsibility to repair and make amends for whatever happened as the person with the illness (even though none of it was intentional).
-The BPSO likely won’t have the insight to take responsibility while they’re still in an episode
-The flipside is the non-BP partner needs to understand that bipolar is not a choice and none of it was intentional. The best analogy I can think of is if you accidentally run your car into a wall you don’t just get to walk away from the wreck because you didn’t mean to do it.
-I see a lot of posts on here about BPSOs showing no remorse for what they’ve done. This is odd as I’ve never known a BP person to not be horrified by their manic behaviour in their normal euthymic state. In fact, shame is a major part of the illness and one of the reasons we need regular therapy. The only explanations I can think of is that 1) the BPSO is having a defensive reaction to their shame 2) they’re still manic or 3) they have other things going on like narcissistic traits. Which brings me to my next point;
-If you’re wondering if there is hope for the relationship/if it can work you don’t really have that information until your SO is no longer manic/depressed. This can take a long time and you may decide it’s best for you not to wait around to find out. Nevertheless, your BPSO needs to be themselves before you have all the data on the relationship. (Especially as bipolar may not be the only issue)
-BPSOs still need compassion even if they have done something that hurts you. Ultimately someone undergoing a manic episode is not themselves and they are not in control. Their behaviour does not represent their real feelings or values. It’s a very disturbing and identity shaking experience to wake up and realise you did something you would never in a million years do because you were mentally unwell. It’s truly terrifying and traumatic. Being harangued for this rather than supported makes things worse and will create more distance in the relationship.
-That being said you need compassion for your trauma too and if your BPSO is not showing any compassion or remorse that’s dysfunctional. There must be space for both parties’ feelings.
-The BPSO needs to show a willingness to get better and make an effort. NB:This doesn’t mean they are untrustworthy if they want to change their medication. It means they must show willingness to stick with it until they find the right medication. These medicines are hard to take, frequently aren’t the ideal regimen and have a lot of side effects. Being punished for not having found the right meds isn’t fair, it takes time.
-Don’t fall into the trap of believing that bipolar is your only problem even though it’s likely your biggest problem. All relationships have issues and working on those will help too!
-On that note you need a marriage counsellor! This is too big to go through alone.
-Underneath the symptoms the BPSO is still a human with ideas, values, feelings and things to offer. Many people fall into the trap of blaming the bipolar whenever the BPSO has an opposing opinion. This will erode trust and intimacy. We still need to be treated as adults and equal partners or the relationship won’t survive.
-Please understand sometimes surviving in the bipolar brain is so much effort it’s hard to be considerate of others. This doesn’t mean your BPSO doesn’t love you, it just means they have no bandwith. It sucks but they’ll likely come across as selfish at times.
-At the end of the day my husband and I sit down with a cup of tea and talk about what we’re feeling whenever we get a chance. I used to hide what I was feeling because it was so extreme I thought it was embarrassing. Now I tell him, and I still get embarrassed because I think he must get so bored hearing about my despair and my traumatic childhood all the time but it’s brought an emotional intimacy that is crucial to sharing the bipolar experience together.
The TL;DR version of this is please remember bipolar is not a choice and requires patience and extra work. Your BPSO needs to be taking responsibility for their disease and its consequences, just because the car crash was an accident doesn’t mean they just get to walk away from the wreck and not deal with it. Remember though, they may not be able to do this in an episode. You need couples therapy. You can’t do this alone. Ultimately if you’re wondering if your relationship can work you don’t have all the data until your BPSO is stable at their baseline and that can take a long time. Whether it’s right for you to stick it out till then is up to you as an individual.
submitted by SBones100
to BipolarSOs [link] [comments]