N55 water to air intercooler
For the bladesmiths, beauty and destruction, art and skill.
2012.06.07 00:35 Nightshade3312 For the bladesmiths, beauty and destruction, art and skill.
A subreddit for the metalworkers who specialize in forging knives and other blade tools. Swords, daggers, kitchen cutlery, carving chisels, etc. Come in, look around, ask a question, learn, and have fun.
2012.03.04 21:28 chip16 Knife makers and fans welcome
The world of Knifemaking
2009.06.10 22:47 allahuakbar79 OKC - Oklahoma City Reddit
2023.06.02 23:33 DryFollowing4690 How to make the ice type better
2023.06.02 23:33 ShootingIn8k (Selling) Just dropped some prices! D&D 4K, Ant-Man 3, Creed 3 4K, 65, 3:10 to Yuma, Tar 4K, Missing, EEAAO, Cocaine Bear, Alien 6-film Collection, Babylon 4K, Rocky 1-4 4k, Training Day 4K, Smile 4K, Belly 4K, Pulp Fiction 4K, Reservoir Dogs 4K, Bullet Train 4K, Clerks III 4K, Highlander 4K, etc!!
Question for people who also sell/buy on DCS. When is the ideal time to post? When are you looking to buy on a regular basis? Also have you noticed the formatting failing recently? I used to be able to copy and paste my previous posts and just remove the ones I've sold. Now it bunches everything up and the bulletpoints no longer function. I had to bring an older version into a word proccessor. Just werid and frustrating.
Trying to clear out my codes! If someone wants to buy every single code for a deep discount HMU I’ll sell orders of $100 or more for 40% OFF, $200 for 50% OFF, $300 for 60% OFF, $400 for 70% OFF and $500 for 75% OFF!!
Just went through and dropped some prices! Not interested in discussing discounts on single codes.
Codes Never Split Paypal f+f New Pickups
• 3:10 To Yuma - $6 4K Vudu (1 Left)
• 65 - $7 HD MA (1 Left)
• 80 For Brady - $7 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Alien 6-Film Collection - $12 HD MA (2 Left)
• American Frontier Trilogy (Wind River, Hell or High Water, Sicario) - $9 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Amsterdam - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Ant-Man: Quantumania - $8 4K MA (1 Left)
• Ant-Man: Quantumania - $6 HD MA (1 Left)
• Babylon - $7 4K iTunes (2 Left)
• Banshees of Inisherin - $6 HD MA (1 Left)
• The Batman - $6 4K MA (2 Left)
• Beast - $6 HD MA (2 Left)
• Belly - $7 4K iTunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• Beverly Hills Cop II - $8 4K Vudu (1 Left)
• Bodies, Bodies, Bodies (A24) - $7 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Bullet Train - $7 4K MA (1 Left)
• Call Jane - $5 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Clerk III - $6 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Cocaine Bear - $8 HD MA (1 Left)
• Creed III - $12 4K Vudu (2 Left)
• Creed Trilogy - $18 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Devotion (2022) - $8 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Don't Worry Darling - $5 HD MA (2 Left)
• Dreamgirls - $5 HD Vudu, iTunes (1 Left)
• Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Theives - $10 4K iTunes/Vudu (2 Left)
• Empire of Light - $6 HD MA (1 Left)
• Escape From LA - $8 4K Vudu, iTunes (1 Left)
• E.T. - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• Everything Everywhere All At Once - $6 HD Vudu (2 Left)
• The Expendables 1-3 - $5 HD Vudu/iTunes (1 Left)
• The Fablemans - $5 HD MA (2 Left)
• Fantastic Beasts 1-3 - $6 HD MA (1 Left)
• Flashdance - $6 4K Vudu, iTunes (2 Left)
• For the Love of Money (2021) - $5 HD Vudu/GP (1 Left)
• Frozen (Disney) - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• Frozen II (Disney) - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• Green Mile - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• Heat 4K - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• Highlander - $7 4K iTunes/Vudu (2 Left)
• Hot Seat (2022) - $6 HD Vudu/iTunes (1 Left)
• Interstellar - $6 4K itunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• Jaws - $5 4K MA (2 Left)
• Jurassic World: Ultimate Collection (6 Movies) - $18 HD MA (1 Left)
• Knock at the Cabin - $6 HD MA (1 Left)
• Licorice Pizza - $5 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Lightyear - $5 4K MA (2 Left)
• Lilo & Stich 2-Film Collection - $7 HD MA (1 Left)
• The Lost City - $6 4K MA (2 Left)
• Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Mack & Rita - $7 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Magic Mike 3 - $7 HD MA (1 Left)
• Marlowe - $6 HD MA (1 Left)
• M3gan - $7 HD MA (1 Left)
• Men (A24) (2022) - $6 HD Vudu (2 Left)
• Menu - $6 HD MA (1 Left)
• Midsommar - $5 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Missing (2023) - $9 HD MA (1 Left)
• Moonfall - $6 4K iTunes/Vudu (2 Left)
• Nightmare Alley - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Nope - $6 4K MA (2 Left)
• The Northman - $6 HD MA (1 Left)
• The Old Way (2023 Nick Cage) - $6 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Pearl (A24) - $5 HD Vudu (2 Left)
• Plane - $8 4K Vudu, iTunes (1 Left)
• Pulp Fiction - $7 4K iTunes/Vudu (2 Left)
• A Quiet Place 1 & 2 - $8 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Rambo 5-Film Collection - $12 HD iTunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• Rambo: First Blood - $12 HD iTunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• Rambo: Last Blood - $12 HD iTunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• The Requin - $6 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• The Rescuers 1 & 2 - $8 HD MA (1 Left)
• Reservoir Dogs - $6 4K iTunes/Vudu (2 Left)
• Rocketman - $6 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Rocky: The Knockout Collection 1-4 - $18 4K Vudu (2 Left)
• Seriously Red - $6 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Shazam: Fury of the Gods - $9 4K MA
• She Said - $6 HD MA (1 Left)
• Smile - $7 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Sonic 2 - $5 4K iTunes/vudu (1 Left)
• Strange World - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Spinning Gold - $7 HD MA (1 Left)
• Supercell - $7 HD VUDU (1 Left)
• SuperPets - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Taken 1-3 - $8 HD MA (1 Left)
• Tar - $9 4K MA (1 Left)
• Thor Love and Thunder - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• Till - $6 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Top Gun Maverick - $7 iTunes/Vudu (2 Left)
• Training Day - $7 MA (2 Left)
• Turning Red - $7 4K MA (1 Left)
• The Untouchables - $6 4K iTunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• Walking Dead Final Season (Eleventh) - $8 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Warm Bodies - $5 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• West Side Story (2021) - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Where the Crawdads Sing - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Whitney Houston: I Wanna Dance With Somebody - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• The Wolf of Wall Street - $6 4K Vudu/iTunes (3 Left)
• The Woman King - $7 4K MA (1 Left)
• Young Sherlock Holmes - $5 HD iTunes/Vudu (1 Left) Collections/TV
• Columbia Classics Vol. 3 - $36 4K MA (1 Left) $6 per title (Not for sale individually)
- It Happened One Night
- From Here to Eternity
- To Sir, With Love
- The Last Picture Show (Director's Cut)
- As Good As it Gets
• Fifty Shades Trilogy - $6 HD (1 Left) (1st and 2nd are Unrated and 2nd should redeem in iTunes and port in 4K)
• Game of Throne Season 4 - HD iTunes/vudu $3
• GOT: House of Dragon S1 - $18 4K Vudu (2 Left)
• Ghosts: Season One - $7 HD Vudu
• Jordan Peele 3-Movie Collection (Nope, Us, Get Out) - $12 HD MA (1 Left)
• Now You See Me 1&2 - $8 HD Vudu (1 Left) Disney/Marvel/Star Wars (Unsplit, No DMR)
• Avengers: Endgame - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• Avengers: Endgame - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Beauty and the Beast (Live Action) - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• The BFG - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Black Panther - $5 HD MA (2 Left)
• Call of the Wild - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Captain Marvel - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Cruella - $8 4K MA (1 Left)
• Disney Nature: Bears - $5 HD MA
• Finding Dory - $5 HD MA (2 Left)
• The Finest Hours - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Frozen - $5 HD MA (2 Left)
• Inside Out - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Iron Man 3 - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• The Jungle Book (Live Action) - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Maleficent - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Moana - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Oz The Great And Powerful - $5 HD MA (2 Left)
• Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Saving Mr. Banks - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Sleeping Beauty - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Star Wars: Force Awakens - $5 HD MA (2 Left)
• Star Wars: Rogue One - $4 HD MA (3 Left)
• Star Wars: The Last Jedi - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Thor: Dark World - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Wreck it Ralph 2 - $5 HD MA (2 Left)
• Zootopia - $5 HD MA (1 Left) 4K Movies
• Almost Famous - $7 4K iTunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• Arrival - $6 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Bad Boys for Life - $5 4K MA (1 Left)
• Bourne Legacy - $5 4K MA (1 Left)
• Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - $5 4K MA (1 Left)
• Deadpool - $5 4K MA (2 Left)
• Despicable Me 2 - $4 4K iTunes (3 Left)
• Dirty Dancing - $6 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Escape Plan 2 - $4 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Fast & Furious 6 (Extended) - $4 4K MA (1 Left)
• Fast & Furious 7 (Extended) - $4 4K MA (1 Left)
• Fate of the Furious + Extended - $3 4K MA (Extended Director's Cut is HD) (FREE WITH ANY PURCHASE OVER $5)
• Fifty Shades of Grey - $5 4K MA (1 Left)
• Force of Nature (2020) - $4 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Hidden Figures - $5 4K MA (iTunes Redeem) (1 Left)
• How to Train Your Dragon 2 - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• The Hunger Games - $4 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - $4 4K iTunes (2 Left)
• The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2 - $4 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Jack Reacher - $5 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Jason Bourne - $5 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Justice League - $5 4K MA (1 Left)
• Kingsman: The Golden Circle - $5 4K MA (1 Left)
• Life of Pi - $5 4K MA (iTunes Redeem) (1 Left)
• The Martian - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• Mile 22 (2018) - $5 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Mission: Impossible: Fallout - $5 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Pitch Perfect - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• Red 2 - $5 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• The Revenant - $6 4K MA (1 Left)
• Secret Garden (2020) - $6 4K iTunes (1 Left)
• Secret Life of Pets - $5 4K MA (1 Left)
• Star Trek: Into Darkness - $4 4K iTunes (3 Left)
• Transformers: Age of Extinction - $5 4K iTunes (HD VUDU available) (2 Left)
• Transformers: The Last Knight - $5 4K iTunes (HD VUDU available) (1 Left)
• Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 - $4 4K iTunes (2 Left)
• xxx Xander Cage - $5 4K iTunes (1 Left) HD Movies
• 12 Years A Slave - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• 2 Guns - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• 42 - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• About Time - $4 HD MA (2 Left)
• Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• The Amazing Spider-man - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• American Hustle - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Anchorman 2 - $4 HD iTunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• Book of Life - $4 HD MA (2 Left)
• Boyhood (Linklater) - $5 HD iTunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• Breaking In (Unrated) - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Bring It On: Worldwide #Cheersmack - $3 HD MA (1 Left)
• A Christmas Story 2 - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Dolphin Tale - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Escape From Planet Earth - $4 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Extremely Loud Incredibly Close - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Ferdinand - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Flight - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Focus - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• A Good Day to Die Hard (Extended Edition) - $4 HD MA (2 Left)
• Grease 2 - $4 HD iTunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• The Greatest Showman - $4 HD MA (3 Left)
• The Hate U Give - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Home - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• The Host (2013) - $3 iTunes Redeem Port to MA (1 Left) Not Bong Joon-ho
• Hugo - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• If Beale Street Could Talk - $6 HD MA (1 Left)
• Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Kung Fu Panda - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Les Miserables - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Marvel's Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Midway - $4 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Noah - $4 HD Vudu/iTunes
• Now You See Me - $4 HD Vudu/iTunes (1 Left)
• Paddington - $5 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Parental Guidance - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• The Possession - $4 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Prometheus - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Reclaim - $4 HD Vudu (1 Left)
• Rise of the Guardians - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Robocop - $4 HD Vudu/GP (1 Left)
• Safe House - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Second Act - $3 iTunes (2 Left)
• The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - $3 HD MA (1 Left)
• The Secret Life of Pets - $3 HD MA (1 Left)
• The Shack - $4 HD iTunes/Vudu (1 Left)
• Silver Linings Playbook - $4 HD Vudu
• Sinister - $4 HD iTunes, Vudu, GP (1 Left)
• Skyfall - $4 HD Vudu/GP (2 Left)
• Sleepless - $3 HD MA (1 Left)
• Son of God - $3 HD MA (1 Left)
• TinTin (Speilberg) - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• Trolls - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Turbo - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Unbroken - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Underworld: Awakening - $3 HD MA (1 Left)
• Vivo - $5 HD MA (1 Left)
• When The Game Stands Tall - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• White House Down - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Zero Dark Thirty - $4 HD MA (1 Left)
• Zeros and Ones (2022) - $5 HD Vudu (1 Left)
submitted by ShootingIn8k
to DigitalCodeSELL [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:33 Consequence-Various Question about pearl colors
I would like to paint some parts pearl light gray,pearl dark gray,flat dark gold and etc. I bought holbein pigment and aclyric paints and I'm going to mix it.How much pigment should I mix into 5ml of paint if I make pearl light gray paint? Main ingredients of the aclyric paints are aclyric resin,water,isopropyl alcohol,and pigment(not pearl color pigment). Also I wonder if I should mix pigment in paint or topcoat in pearl on the parts after painting. Any advice appriciated!
submitted by Consequence-Various
to bioniclelego [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:32 ThirdFloorNorth The Nature of Collapse - Chapter 1
I've been feeling inspired by u/Still_Performance_39
's Introduction to Terran Zoology series, and have been chewing on a few ideas for the past few weeks. I decided to finally try to write a story of my own. I warn you, I have not written fiction since I was a small child, so I make no promises.
Special thanks to u/Still_Performance_39
and Parisito from the Discord for both proofreading and critiquing my initial draft. I hope some of y'all enjoy! Memory transcription subject: Professor Sellek, Capitol University, Venlil Prime Date [standardized human time]: January 4, 2137
I feel my spines bristle against my chair as anxiety flutters in the pit of my stomach. Glancing around the crowded lecture hall, I see I am not the only one showing more than a little outward unease.
This “emergency meeting” had been called with little warning, and no indication whatsoever of its purpose. What little I could gather was from the specializations of my colleagues who had also been asked to attend. Professors from across the full spectrum of environmental and biological sciences, offworld development and terraforming, engineers, geneticists, and my entire ecology department, as well as more than a few that I did not recognize. We were packed into the large amphitheater like civilians in a bunker during a raid, a low constant drone of unintelligible chatter permeating the air.
The susurrus dies almost immediately as the doors leading to the stage all but slam open, the Dean of Sciences barely keeping pace with an older human marching purposefully towards the lectern. Thankfully, there is no visible panic at the predator’s sudden appearance, though most do startle or noticeably withdraw. We are all academics and intellectuals here; our conclusions should be based off of evidence, with no room for bias. Their empathy tests are empirical proof that they are much more than the heartless beasts the Grays have proven themselves to be. In the months since they had begun integrating into Venlil society, there had not been a single case of human-on-prey violence that was not in self-defense. That’s not to mention that after Cilany’s revelation of many Federation species’… problematic pasts, Gojids included, many of us really had room to judge the humans for their inherent nature any longer.
That is not to say I didn’t feel at least a momentary instinctual fear response myself. I doubted if I would ever entirely get over my response to the intensity of those binocular eyes. Their gaze seemed to carry an actual physical weight when they focused on you. I remind myself that one of the things that separates us from non-sapient creatures is our ability to overcome our baser instincts, and I firmly suppress the shudder that runs through my body, keeping my spines at least relatively relaxed, willing my breathing and racing heart to slow.
I take a moment to study the human as he begins setting up at the podium, pulling notes out of a rather well-crafted looking briefcase that would not have looked out of place in the possession of any of my colleagues. His fur… his hair, that is, covering his head and most of his lower face, appears to be an equal mix of black and grey, the remaining visible skin is creased heavily in places, which I knew in their species implied someone getting up in years. His eyes are shockingly blue, like the sky on a cloudless day, and his skin a light tan, contrasting against both his hair and the black artificial pelts he is wearing.
He taps the microphone twice before clearing his throat, his voice a low bass rumble. “Good afternoon, everyone. I apologize for the wait. My name is Anton Kovacs, professor of ecology from… well, what was up until very recently the University of Zurich. I must apologize at the start, for I have an idea that some of the topics we need to discuss today may be sensitive, and are quite likely to fly in the face of much of what most of you have believed and been taught your entire lives. That said, however... quite frankly, time is of the utmost essence, and we do not have the luxury to dance around.”
I swallow heavily, releasing a breath I did not realize I was holding. A fellow ecologist? Fascinating. We knew, of course, that the humans had a robust scientific understanding. They had developed FTL technology completely independently, after all. But to think of predators studying the natural world for anything other than dietary purposes was a novel concept for me… And I realize with a start that it shouldn’t be. My own natural bias is revealing itself yet again. They consume flesh (I feel my stomach do an uncomfortable flip) but they are nothing like the Grays. Up until recently, we had all only had a sample size of one to draw from. We must endeavor to start fresh, from first principles, or we can not truly call ourselves scientists. New data requires new observations, leading to new understanding.
Professor Kovacs takes a sip of water, before continuing.
“To start, I need to confirm what I already suspect. I wonder if any of you might have enough common understanding with myself for this concept to translate properly: Does the phrase ‘[trophic] cascade’ mean anything to anyone present?”
Translator technology is well-engineered to allow the collective species of the galactic community to communicate with very little difficulty. We’ve had generations to smooth out the wrinkles. Even if certain ideas or phrasing do not have a direct translation in our native language, the translators are usually able to at least stitch enough of the underlying intended idea into something understandable. This is especially important in academic setting, where the concepts you are working with may be abstract or incredibly complex.
However, that isn’t to say it is perfect. For instance, ‘cascade’ has a few possible direct translations of course. Oddly, though, ‘trophic’ is just a blank, without enough of a shared conceptualization to translate, so I am left confused. I glance around at the other occupants of the lecture hall and see them all quizzically staring as well. I wonder curiously what concept could be so alien as to fall outside of my translator’s purview.
Professor Kovacs eyes the room for a moment, taking in the blank looks, before sighing. “Oh dear. I was afraid of that.”
He rubs his fingers across his closed eyelids for a moment, before opening them and glancing around the room again. His eyes in that moment seem tired, determined, I might even say sad if he weren’t a pred-… Stop, Sellek. They feel emotion, they have mirror neurons, stop demonizing them. Still, I cannot help but suppress another small shudder as his gaze momentarily passes over me.
He takes another small sip of his water, before straightening his posture and speaking into the microphone again.
“Well, buckle up everyone. It’s time for a crash course. Because if we cannot come up with a plan for a truly colossal feat of terraforming and ecological restructuring, and I mean quickly, then I am afraid that the Gojid Cradle is already a dead world… It just hasn’t realized it yet.”
submitted by ThirdFloorNorth
to NatureofPredators [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:32 Sad_Pangolin_8669 Tips on how to keep his neck dry?
I've had my Newfie pup for about 5 weeks, he's an absolute sweetheart. Not my first giant breed so I knew what to expect on most fronts, but I'm having trouble keeping his neck dry after he drinks water? He's not drooling that much (yet! haha) — he literally lays his entire chin and neck into his water bowl every time he takes a drink.
I've taught him "clean up" as a cue, and he'll sit and let me towel dry his chin and neck after every drink. I also have a forced air dryer and am getting his neck fully dry down to the skin 2-3x a day and making sure he's not going to sleep at night with any moisture in his coat. I brush him out well when his fur is dry, with a comb and a slicker brush. But he's gotten a few "scales" and bumps on his neck despite my ongoing efforts.
Bandana/bib doesn't help much, since it's not coming from above like drool, he just gets that sopping too.
I'm happy to continue drying him indefinitely, and plan to, but if there's some trick you seasoned Newfie owners have I'd appreciate it! Happy to invest into accessories, differently shaped water bowls, etc. to keep my boy healthy and comfy!
submitted by Sad_Pangolin_8669
to NewfoundlandDogs [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:32 1hate2choose4nick A2G hasn't changed a bit - And the G2A patch made the real air game worse
Yes, occasionally a rookie ESF pilot gets too greedy and gets destroyed by a lockon. But I observed the A2G situation over the last few weeks and A2G farmers can still spam pretty much unhindered. While lesser experienced pilots catch some lockons, experienced pilots easily dodge them or break the line of sight. And I don't care what some data says. I can show you a dozen clips of ESFs just farming from point flip to base capture.
Unfortunately, the long range and the buff from 600 to 1000 damage, really hit the other air units and the A2A situaton that doesn't happen at sky ceiling height. And if there is a Dalton Lib 400m over the base and a PPA Scythe 50m over the base, you can bet, the Lib gets locked on. Or the smoking ESF that's in 1v1 fight.
So the patch to help against A2G did nothing against A2G and it hurt the real air game. It was often suggested to reduce the range of lockons (would be good for all AA). In return, buff the damage.
Make G2A deadly and rewarding.
Punish A2G farmers in close range.
Protect the A2A game by reducing the range of AA.
Protect ground by reducing the effective range of A2G weapons (all Lib belly guns, all ESF anti infantry weapons).
I don't see how the plans to nerf ESF spam noseguns slightly and buffing their resistance against lockons will help with any of these points or improve the situation. But if I missed something or if someone has an argument against those ideas, please share.
submitted by 1hate2choose4nick
to Planetside [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:32 ButterSquids I want to play a navy-heavy game, but I don't know a thing about navy. How do I go about it?
Does anyone have some advice on how to go about this? I feel like this would be the best way to learn how to actually use navy mechanics and such.
Some additional context, in case it helps: I have 400 hours in the game, and have good grasp on land battles and a reasonable understanding of air. I also usually play with RT56.
submitted by ButterSquids
to hoi4 [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:32 Ok-Desk5232 Debunking Titanic’s Switch-Up Theory
Everyone knows the infamous story about the RMS Titanic and how the “unsinkable ship” ended up at the bottom of the North Atlantic Ocean on April 15, 1912, following a collision with an iceberg during her maiden voyage from Southampton, England to New York City. Of the estimated 2,208 passengers and crew members on board, approximately 1,496 perished, making it the deadliest peacetime sinking of an ocean liner to date. Well, what if I were to tell you that many people believe that the wreck at the bottom of the Atlantic is not the Titanic, but another ship. You might say “Why do people think this theory is real?” Let’s look at the basis of the theory that claims, “The Titanic Never Sank!”
The White Star Line was a British shipping company. Founded out of the remains of a defunct packet company, it gradually rose up to become one of the most prominent shipping lines in the world, providing passenger and cargo transport between Great Britain and the United States. The White Star Line had a trio of ships called the Olympic Class which consisted of the RMS Olympic, RMS Titanic, and RMS Gigantic (later renamed Britannic). The Olympic embarked on her maiden voyage from Southampton, England to New York City on June 14, 1911, and had a very successful career, until its fifth commercial voyage. On September 20, 1911, The Olympic was involved in a collision with the HMS Hawke near the Isle of Wight, southern England. The Olympic was very badly damaged but did not sink. She was immediately returned to the dry dock to be repaired and put back on the water as soon as possible. Around this time, the Titanic was under construction after it had been successfully launched from the Harold and Wolff shipyard in Belfast, Ireland, and here’s where the theory begins. According to the theory, because the Olympic was so badly damaged, it would cost the White Star Line an intense amount of money in order to repair it, which was something they lacked at the time. So, in order to collect insurance money, they switched up the Titanic (which was still under construction at this point) and the Olympic and the plan was to deliberately sink the Olympic and pass off the Titanic as the Olympic. This theory falls apart in so many ways. Let’s start with the fact of money they would be losing, not claiming . So, Titanic and Olympic both cost 7.5 million dollars each to build. However, Titanic was only insured up to 5 million dollars, so for the WSL to purposefully sink the Olympic and claim Titanic’s insurance, they’d be losing around 2.5 million dollars. It only took around $125,000 to repair the Olympic, so for them to just intentionally sink a ship and claim insurance money is ridiculous cause they would lose money, not make it. Now, in order to pull off switching the two ships, this would be almost impossible to pull off cause although the ships look similar, they had very noticeable structural differences so it would be a lot more work than just switching the name plates. So many people would easily be able to tell the difference between the two ships. Here’s a good example. The Olympic’s A Promenade Deck has opened windows, but on the Titanic, the windows are closed at the front. If you were to go down to the wreck site today, you will find that the windows match Titanic’s closed A Deck Promenade windows. Also, Olympic had 16 portholes, and Titanic had 14, at least to start with. During the interior construction, 2 more portholes were added to each side of the Titanic to bring in more sunlight. This is something that supporters of this theory would claim to protect their belief, but unfortunately, this is not in their favor. Another thing that people use to back this theory up is the fact that some of the richest and most famous people at the time had purchased tickets to sail on the maiden voyage of the Titanic but canceled minutes for departure. However, these people had canceled months in advance due to other plans. These people included Theodore Dreiser, Henry Clay Frick, Milton S. Hershey, Guglielmo Marconi, J.P. Morgan, John Mott, and George Washington Vanderbilt II. The reason these people canceled was not because of superstition, but just because they had other plans in the way of Titanic’s rescheduled departure. You see, the maiden voyage of the Titanic was originally scheduled for March 20, 1912, but it was moved to April 10 due to the Olympic’s collision with the HMS Hawke, which put a delay in Titanic’s construction as workers had to take parts from the Titanic’s stern and use them to repair the Olympic. This could be a simple answer as to why these men had canceled their reservations to set sail on the maiden voyage of the largest and most luxurious ship of its time. It just simply got in the way of their plans to arrive in America sooner than mid-April. The final way this theory can be disproved is that every ship has a yard number by the people who built it. These numbers help identify the ships and their builders. The Olympic’s yard number was 400, and Titanic’s was 401. You can still locate this number on the wreck. It can be found on the starboard (right) propeller. This further disproves the fact that this theory is even possible.
These reasons got to show that whoever thought of the theory that the Titanic and Olympic were switched clearly didn’t think about these very simple facts that disproves the idea of this even being close to possible. I hope that you consider each of these points the next time you hear someone say that “The Titanic Never Actually Sank”. All of these factors towards disproving the switch-up theory between the two ships helps prove that the wreck 12,500 feet (about 3.81 km) below the surface of the North Atlantic Ocean is indeed the wreck of the RMS Titanic.
submitted by Ok-Desk5232
to titanic [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:32 Hitwelve Laid off. Please give advice.
I was laid off on Wednesday. I worked as a software engineer, but in a very low-paying company and stuck around solely because of the job security. So much for that. Anyway...
At the time of my layoff, I had about $600 in my savings account. Here's a big picture of my finances:
- Income before layoff: $3500/month after taxes, healthcare, and Roth 401k contribution.
- Contributed $300/month to Roth 401k monthly, and got about $200 in employer match as well. Currently has $12,000 in it.
- Rent: $1940. I split this with my fiancee, my share is $1164. We literally just renewed our lease 2 days before my layoff, so moving isn't an option.
- My share of utilities (Water, Gas, Internet, Electricity): $283
- My share of groceries, dates, trips into the city, etc: About $500/month
- Cell phone: $100/month, this includes a 0% APR payment plan on the physical phone itself.
- Car is paid off, likely needs some maintenance soon but it can wait.
- Credit card #1 - $781 at 27% APR. Minimum monthly payment is $35/month. This was up to $8000 at one point because my employer didn't pay for my relocation and it was my first job out of college, so I used it to move and buy furniture for my first apartment; I've been throwing as much money as possible at it since then.
- Credit card #2 - $3355 at 0% APR for the next 18 months or so. This started at $4000 with 0% APR for 21 months; I used it to finance my fiancee's engagement ring. I've been putting $200/month towards it since then. Minimum payment is $34/month.
- No student loan debt.
It seems like unemployment insurance will net me about $600/week, and I've been DoorDashing since Wednesday to try and supplement that but it doesn't seem to help much (it's like $12 an hour). From what I understand, as soon as I reach half of my unemployment check in income from DoorDash, my unemployment check will start to decrease for every dollar I make outside of UI, so my cap on DoorDash is $300 a week.
The employer is offering 2 weeks pay as severance; this is about $1850-$1900 after taxes. I'm considering trying to negotiate for more, as they want me to sign away my right to take legal action against them in exchange for the severance and in my opinion 2 weeks is laughably low for that. I emailed HR about it on Thursday, but haven't heard back. I have a history with HR at this company in which I email them, they don't respond to me, then they come back 6 months later complaining about the same thing I emailed them about; so I'm not sure if they'll even respond to my questions about the severance.
My fiancee makes $35k a year, about $2k per month net. She is a teacher and has two master's degrees, both in Education. School is out, but her mom is sick and I don't want to ask her to pick up a summer job if we can help it as she's spending a lot of time with her mom right now.
Our wedding is in about 12 months. We've already paid half of the venue cost (about $3500, includes food, drink and music) and half of our photographer's fee (about $2000). She also already bought her dress, so we're pretty set on wedding expenses for now.
A couple of questions for the group:
- I know that pulling out of your 401k is a last-resort and should never be done if it can be helped; but with the fact that it's a Roth and I think I should be able to pull out contributions penalty-free and tax-free, it would give me a lot of peace of mind right now to have that money available for rent once my severance runs out rather than in over 40 years when I retire. Is this something I should consider if I'm unemployed for long enough that I stop receiving unemployment, or if I get denied for unemployment? If I rollover into a personal IRA, can I still pull from my contributions later down the road?
- Is there anything here I'm overlooking that can be done to supplement my income while on unemployment? I am in Illinois, but my paychecks were taxed in Rhode Island because that's where I was originally employed. I've been living and working in Illinois for over 12 months, but this is one of those things that I emailed HR about multiple times and never got a response, so my paystubs were never updated to reflect it. I ended up having to hire a CPA to navigate getting a refund for my RI income taxes and paying Illinois taxes this year. I think I will also have to file for Rhode Island unemployment as that's what has been taken out of my paychecks.
submitted by Hitwelve
to personalfinance [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:32 dlschindler I Met Strange Creatures While On Drugs
In the vast expanse of the Mexican countryside, where the swaying fields of green met the endless stretch of blue sky, I had spent my seventy years as a humble rancher. My life had been defined by hard work, the warmth of the sun on my weathered face, and the unwavering faith that guided my every step. Family was the cornerstone of my existence, and the love that bound us together brought solace and joy to my heart.
It was my grandniece, Ana, who now resided in the bustling city of Los Angeles, who played an unexpected role in the strange journey that awaited me. Despite the miles that separated us, Ana had become a successful professional, and her heart overflowed with love and concern for her aging uncle. When she learned of my deteriorating health, she took it upon herself to arrange a special surgery in Arizona, hoping to restore my vitality and grant me a chance at a better life.
Full of gratitude and hope, I embarked on the journey, leaving behind the familiar sights and sounds of my homeland. Ana's support had brought me solace, as I clung to the belief that God's grace would guide me through any trial that lay ahead.
Little did I know that my journey to Arizona would lead me into the depths of a living nightmare, shattering the foundation of my faith and testing the very limits of my sanity. The surgery was meant to bring healing, but instead, it opened a door to a world of unspeakable horrors that would forever haunt my existence.
This is the harrowing tale of the creatures I encountered while under the influence of drugs, their relentless pursuit, and the grim realization that some nightmares extend far beyond the realms of our understanding. As I recount this chilling experience, let it serve as a warning that even the strongest faith and love cannot shield us from the darkness that lurks in the shadows, waiting to consume us whole.
As a seventy-year-old rancher from Mexico, I had experienced my fair share of hardships and unusual encounters. But nothing could have prepared me for the terrifying ordeal that unfolded after I was brought to Arizona for a special surgery. It was a routine procedure, they said, but little did I know that the anesthetics they administered would unlock a horrifying world beyond my imagination.
The moment the sedatives took hold, I found myself drifting into a nightmarish slumber. Shadows danced and twisted before my closed eyes, morphing into grotesque shapes that defied reason. When I awoke, disoriented and groggy, I found myself in a dimly lit hospital room. The air felt heavy, suffocating, and an eerie silence hung in the air.
I tried to call out for help, but my voice seemed to evaporate into thin air. Panic coursed through my veins as I struggled to make sense of my surroundings. Then, from the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of movement. Something skittered across the floor, quick and unnatural.
My heart pounded in my chest as I turned my gaze towards the source of the disturbance. My eyes widened in horror as I laid eyes upon the creatures that haunted my nightmares. They were humanoid in shape, but twisted and contorted beyond recognition. Their pale, mottled skin seemed to glisten under the dim light, and their elongated limbs moved with a jerky, unsettling motion.
Their eyes, oh god, their eyes were empty voids, devoid of any humanity or emotion. As I watched, they crept closer, their unsettling presence filling the room with an oppressive dread. I could feel their malevolence, an otherworldly aura that sent shivers down my spine.
Fear consumed me as I realized these creatures were not bound by the laws of our reality. They moved through walls and solid objects, effortlessly closing the distance between us. I tried to escape, to flee from the room and their relentless pursuit, but my body felt heavy and unresponsive.
With each passing moment, their numbers grew, their presence suffocating my very existence. Their clawed hands reached out towards me, their whispers echoing in my mind. Their incomprehensible language filled my head, driving me to the brink of madness. I could no longer distinguish reality from the hallucinations induced by the drugs.
Days turned into nights, and nights bled into an endless cycle of torment. Sleep became a mere illusion, a reprieve from the never-ending horror that plagued me. The creatures stalked me relentlessly, their eyes boring into my soul, taunting me with their existence.
I pleaded for mercy, begged for release from this hellish nightmare, but my cries fell upon deaf ears. No one could hear me, no one could save me from the nightmare that had become my reality. I was trapped in a twisted dimension, caught between life and death.
With the weight of my encounter with the haunting creatures pressing heavily on my soul, I sought solace in the company of my brothers. Juan and Miguel, both strong and unwavering in their support, listened intently as I recounted the terrifying ordeal that had befallen me. Their furrowed brows and concerned expressions revealed their genuine worry, but their practical minds sought a solution to this unearthly menace.
"We mustn't let these creatures continue to stalk you, hermano," Juan declared, his voice laced with determination. "We must find a way to confront them and rid you of this torment."
Miguel, the more skeptical of the two, took a moment to contemplate. "Perhaps we can lead them away, far from here. Out in the desert, where their presence won't harm anyone else."
Hope ignited within me as their plan unfolded. We would set up a campfire in the vast expanse of the desert, drawing the creatures away from populated areas. It seemed like a sound strategy, a way to buy some time and perhaps even find a solution.
As nightfall settled upon the arid landscape, my brothers and I ventured into the heart of the desert. With every step, I could feel the weight of their doubts pressing upon me. They were reluctant to fully embrace the extent of the horrors I had witnessed. Instead, they chose to drown their unease in the embrace of the bottle, their laughter echoing under the starlit sky.
But as the flickering flames cast eerie shadows upon the sand, I realized the creatures were drawing closer. The distant whispers and rustling sounds sent chills down my spine, urging me to abandon the camouflage we had created.
Summoning all the courage within me, I decided to lead the creatures further away, away from my beloved brothers and into the treacherous darkness of the desert. The pain of leaving them behind gnawed at my heart, but their inebriation had clouded their judgment, blinding them to the imminent danger.
As the first rays of dawn painted the horizon with hues of golden light, I turned to face the pursuing creatures. With each step, their presence grew more malevolent, their snarls echoing through the stillness of the desert. They lunged towards me, their claws outstretched, and I braced myself for the inevitable onslaught.
In that final confrontation, wounds appeared upon my flesh, marking me as a testament to the terrors I had endured. Though their touch sent searing pain through my body, I summoned the last vestiges of strength to fight back. Using all my willpower, I managed to block the creatures in an old, abandoned mine, the sunlight casting them into a prison of darkness.
Exhausted and battered, I limped my way back to civilization, hitching a ride with a kind-hearted Americano who sympathized with my plight. In the confines of the bus, I shared my story, hoping for understanding and validation. But as I revealed the wounds to the skeptical passengers, the sunlight exposed them for what they truly were—fresh scars, resembling those left by surgical incisions.
Their disbelief hung heavy in the air, skepticism etched on their faces. No one could fathom the horrors I had endured, the demons I had faced in that shadowed realm. Alone with my scars, I pondered the fickle nature of perception and the daunting task of convincing others of the unspeakable.
As the bus rumbled on, taking me closer to the sanctuary of my homeland, I knew that the creatures still lurked in the depths of that abandoned mine. They were trapped, but for how long? I held on to the hope that my encounter with them would remain a solitary nightmare, confined to the depths of the desert and buried within my memories.
But deep down, a gnawing fear lingered—an understanding that some terrors can never be truly vanquished, and their tendrils may stretch far beyond the boundaries of our comprehension.
submitted by dlschindler
to nosleep [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:32 Chipotle42 Open side to the tower provides light, air flow, even a nice view [OC]
2023.06.02 23:32 greencattree Please tell me this is not a baby cockroach
| || |
I normally bottom water all my small succulents in this bowl and just took them all out besides this one and saw these 3 small beetle type bugs floating in the water. They kinda look like baby cockroaches and I only immediately jumped to that conclusion because we have found some wood cockroaches near this spot in the house a couple of times. submitted by greencattree to whatisthisbug [link] [comments]
The house is really old and in the country and my family has even put roach bait out but to no avail. We have found about 3 of them here and there dead occasionally since then so maybe the bait does somewhat work?
If they are baby wood roaches… why would they be in my plants? And how does one recommend to ultimately get rid of them for good? Or is that even possible? The house isn’t dirty and the bigger ones 100% look like wood roaches but I digress.
2023.06.02 23:32 pugnatoes Found some next level depravity while I was doing deliveries in Brooklyn today. Wtf.
| || |
I have never seen this level of idiocy before. I feel so bad for these fish just asking to be picked off by birds. There were multiple vases with water and fish hanging on this one tree. So sad. submitted by pugnatoes to shittyaquariums [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:31 benssson Water based primer for bare pine
Hi, we've got bare pine skirting, architrave and staircase to prime and paint. I'd prefer to use a water based paint as cleanup is easier and is less smelly.
Are there any recommendations for primers? Is zinsser Bullseye 123 okay? Should I apply knotting solution to the knots?
submitted by benssson
to DIYUK [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:31 UnbreakableJess Most of my family sucks
My grandmother had a hemorrhagic stroke and bleeding on the brain two nights ago. She's stable and lucid now, but she doesn't recognize anyone. In the aftermath of all this, one aunt of mine in particular was the first to be able to get to her at the hospital and is treating it all like she's some gracious queen ruling over some tea party or some crap. If anyone wants info, they have to talk to her, and she despises me and my brothers, because most of us are poor, so she's limiting what info she gives me. My grandfather isn't doing well at all but I had to hear that from my mom when the vultures finally left the roost. -_-
To add to that, my brother refuses to talk to our mom because of bad blood in the past. Our mom had us at a young age and our dad died when we were still toddlers, leaving mom a single mom widow at 20. Some moron convinced my brother our mom did drugs while she was pregnant with us, which is absolute lies, but now my brother is determined to not talk to any family except me. Even then he looks down on me for being Pagan. As if he never dabbled in tarot when we were younger -eye roll-.
Our youngest sister can't even be reached. She's in her rebellious 18 years old "I know everything and everyone else doesn't and I'm invincible" phase, and has bad blood with our grandmother. So I don't even know if she would care if she even does deign to come off her high horse and answer me.
I'm just so stressed out over all this. My fiancee is amazing. But my family is such a wreck. I lost my grandparents on my dad's side when I was 12 and this whole mess is dragging back memories of walking in from school to find my grandfather's body in the kitchen. I hardly slept last night. And half my family are putting on airs and treating this all like it's a bad episode of Jerry Springer. I just wanted to vent. That's all. -sigh-
submitted by UnbreakableJess
to offmychest [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:31 tanon789 To get what I want, I have to do what I hate
Does anyone else feels this way?
Let me explain.
I am not a social person. I want to have a girlfriend so I can spend my time with her and only her. Just chilling at home with her, cooking together, sharing memes, going for a bike ride, play tennis, badminton, drinking wine while sitting on the balcony or whatever together. I also imagine my girlfriend would be my safe person that I would trust telling about anything.
I hate going to parties, loud bars, drinking alcohol or other group activities. I actually hate meeting new people. I don't feel comfortable with new people untill I get to know them for few months or years in some cases. I also don't know how to make conversation with strangers, literally too nervous to say something.
See where I am going with this? I just want one close person, but it seems like in order to find her, I have to put myself out there, meet as many people as possible, talk to them and pretend to be someone I am not.
Let me give one more example which isn't related to FA. I dream of a house with big garden so I could spend lot of time outside, growing plants in the garden or just chilling, swimming in my pool or whatever. The point is, I wish I could spend more time outside but on my own property, not in public places. I hate I am almost always inside.
But now I live in apartment and I cannot afford a house. I think it's in my power to afford it. But I would have to go all in, super focusing on my career, putting in extra hours, studying extra courses, switching jobs to increase my salary and so on. It would involve spending many extra hours sitting in front of the computer. And just doing my regular job is hard enough for me already.
And all I wanted was to chill on a fresh air in my garden. But in order to get there, I would have to grind in front of the computer for years. Exact opposite of what I want to do.
Sorry for my rant. Just curious if anyone else is in similar situation?
submitted by tanon789
to ForeverAlone [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:31 BoringEvidence3896 Need Suggestions
| || |
He's a little over one year old. He hasn't had any previous health problems. Going on two days now of not eating his dog food and barely drinking water. Sleeps all day. Doesn't want to play. Before I take him to the vet I was wanting to see if anyone else had these problems with their dogs and maybe knew of something it might be? submitted by BoringEvidence3896 to germanshepherds [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:31 Mr_Saxobeat94 A semi-comprehensive debunking of “your HCA is unfairzzz!”
Since they’ve started keeping track of the data, the Nuggets have underperformed on the road, to the tune of being 7th worst against the spread—not a conclusive data point, but interesting to note.
It also bears mentioning that the Nuggets have been in the top 10 in pace in 80% of their seasons on record, meaning they seem to actively construct rosters that are more conducive to up-tempo play that would work better at home (since the reason for this would be to tire out the other team) than on the road.
But that’s not to say things even out. According to this link, our HCA does indeed amount to about an extra win and a half a year: https://www.forbes.com/sites/joelrush/2018/09/12/study-affirms-altitude-boosts-denver-nuggets-home-advantage-but-do-other-factors-blunt-the-impact/amp/
That’s a decent (not monumental) edge, but I’m leery about giving it much air-time.
For the simple reason that the biggest geographic factor vis-a-vis its effect on winning is NOT “altitude”
It’s free agent-friendliness. By a country mile.
Denver is one of the last places marquee players look to sign.
Los Angeles and Miami are one of the first…so when I hear big outlets run this story, my bad-faith-detector goes off big time. I would gladly trade our 1.6 extra wins a year for LA’s desirability as a FA landing spot.
Lakers and Heat fans, conversely, would not take that trade in a million fuckin years. If the Nugs and Heat swap rosters in 2010, would LeBron have been compelled to go to Denver instead? Please lol.
TL;DR: our HCA doesn’t cancel out the disadvantages we face so kick rocks if you’re using it to crap on this team.
submitted by Mr_Saxobeat94
to denvernuggets [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:31 TerraPista [TOMT][VIDEO GAME][mid 2000s] A Star Force- type vertical scroller space shooter flash game with planetary travelling, base building and dialogue boxes.
Around a year ago, I came across this flash game that I really liked, but I forgot to note down the name of the game.
Story: Humans have developed faster-than-light travelling, the player and his crew being the first testers of it. Once they left our galaxy, they received a transmission from a Deus Ex-like Gray alien that Earth has been destroyed by a Universal Union-type space nation, and now they have to recruit other species from a different galaxy in order to take this Union down.
Gameplay: 1. The base builder aspect has the player to travel from plane to planet, to solar system to solar system and has to extract some universal material from each planet in order to upgrade the spaceship. The ship has fuel, which the player can run out of, and they have to melt this U-material for fuel, but it's necessary to do so in order to pass the in-game time and collect the extracted resources. Drilling stations can be established on the planets for free by clicking on a slider, and they increase the extraction speed the more of them there are, but putting too many down will alert the Universal Unionists of the player's presence, which either striggers the sidescroller segment or eradicates the bases with the produced goods. The available planet types are Rock, Water, Gas and Asteroids, but not too sure about the last one, each one giving extraction quantity bonuses, rocks being the lowest and Gas being the highest. Some planets are already inhabited: on these planets the player can only interact, but not extract resources from. I think the trading planet is the only exception, from where the player is able to buy upgrades for the ship from the Grays or learn something new about the universe. The planets have short descriptions, but so far only the inhabited ones stick out. This entire aspect is interface only. Every solar system is randomly generated.
- Sometimes, the player can be caught mid-flight by a teleportation wormhole and by agreeing upon it, the space shooter segment begins. Moving from bottom to top, the player has to either shoot or avoid the incoming enemies, like similar to Star Force. The only exception is that firing is automatic, as in it happens without the player's input. The ship is navigated with mouse only. The ship upgrades play a major role here, as they change the flying speed, the health, the fire-rate, damage output and bullet pattern of the ship. I wish I remembered anything of the graphics, but nope.
- Before the different species lend a hand, the player has to convince the leaders that they're worth joining. One race I remember where bugmen, represented by a PvZ Tangle Kelp without the vines, who requested the player to either give them 10k U-material or sacrifice the weakest members of the crew in order to join the player's rebel forces. There was another interaction between the player and the Grays, where the player could only dismiss them. The Grays lived in a giant, planet-wide city. The game had a reputation system that affected the way interactions turned out, but I couldn't really test it out.
submitted by TerraPista
to tipofmytongue [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:30 q3m5dbf I'm worried for Statlander
Tony is going to fuck her up. You know it, I know it, Tony Khan knows it. He has such a horrible, horrible track record with women. Brit was red hot and he pooched it. Jamie was red hot and he did absolutely nothing with her. Shida, Toni Storm, Jade, the list goes on. It's like he hates making money if it means a woman is drawing.
I love Stat. She's been my favorite since day one. She looked like a complete superstar against Nyla. Her addition of signing and "Mama's home" is fantastic. Her new look is gold. She is carrying herself with "I belong here / fuck you" presence. She's working like the total package in the ring.
Please, TK. You have broken my heart so many times. Please don't ruin Stat. Please. I am begging you. Give her a run. Give her a storyline. Give her something more than one-off "hey we should fight" matches that air at 9:28 every ninth Wednesday. Anything.
submitted by q3m5dbf
to AEWOfficial [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:30 LiquidLar Is there any arid or desert isopods available?
Hello, I was looking for a cleanup crew for a uromastyx but they are an extremely dry loving animal. They get most of their water from the food they eat and you don't even want a water bowl because it may make the humidity too high for them. Desert isopods do exist like Hemilepistus reaumuri but I don't see any for sale. So like what is the most drought tolerant isopod available at the moment. I still think it should be possible because Uros do like humid hides which could be a place for the isopods to retreat and recharge. If isopods just wont work do you guys know of any other cleanup crews that can handle this harsh climate?
submitted by LiquidLar
to isopods [link] [comments]
2023.06.02 23:30 Ok-Supermarket4492 Introducing Seattle City Council Newsletter
Hi Reddit! My name is Sharon, and I am a college student interested in civic engagement and politics. I have been working on a project with some other students to make the Seattle City Council meetings more accessible by putting them into short summaries. I have put an example from last week below, though the real thing has a bit more formatting that doesn't translate into Reddit.
This project is relatively new, so we would really appreciate any feedback you may have and hope to make it as informative and accessible as possible! If you're interested in getting these newsletters every week, please click here: https://forms.gle/Yxo5fevVhVWmwcB78
Example newsletter: Seattle City Council Meeting Summaries - Week of May 22
Council Briefing 5/22/2023 (Duration: 1h50min)
- 6 Present - Council President Debora Juarez, Councilmembers Andrew Lewis and Kshama Sawant are absent and excused, and Councilmember Sara Nelson arrived late.
Council Meeting 5/23/2023 (Duration: 2h56min)
- 7 Present - Council President Debora Juarez and Councilmember Kshama Sawant are absent and excused.
- Councilmember Lisa Herbold: District 1
- There is no item from the Public Safety and Human Services Committee for the full council meeting on Tuesday.
- The next committee meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, May 23rd.
- They will receive a briefing on overdose trends and harm reduction approaches from Public Health Seattle & King County and a panel of community-based overdose prevention program grantees.
- Will hear an overview of the proposed Council Bill 120580 regarding app-based workers' deactivation rights.
- Met with Chief Diaz, Southwest Precinct Captain Rivera, Director Betts of the Office of Police Accountability, Fire Chief Scoggins, and the leadership of the Community Police Commission individually.
- The Harbor Patrol unit is ready for the summer increase in calls for marine-related law enforcement and assistance.
- There will be a fire day on the 124th anniversary of the Great Seattle Fire at MOHAI at South Lake Union.
- Remind that the Seattle Emergency Hubs will be hosting disaster preparedness training on June 11th.
- Provided public comment to the King County Flood Control District in support of funding to address the river-topping flood in South Park.
- Will receive a tour and do a helpline listening shift at Crisis Connections next Wednesday.
- Councilmember Tammy Morales: District 2
- The Arts and Civil Rights Committee meeting from last week was canceled due to the holiday weekend, and the next meeting is scheduled for June 9th.
- The first meeting of the new Social Housing Developer Board is scheduled for May 23rd.
- Attended a neighborhood safety meeting with organizations in Seattle's Chinatown-International District (CID) and Social Housing Public Development Authority (PDA).
- Attended a workshop with SDOT and Sound Transit to discuss some issues in the Othello neighborhood and Rainier Beach neighborhoods.
- Attended the Evergreen Treatment Services’ 50-year anniversary, the One Seattle Day of Service, and an event for the African Cultural Arts Center.
- Spoke at the Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander Celebration hosted by the Department of Neighborhoods and the Seattle AAPI Caucus.
- Councilmember Alex Pedersen: District 4
- There are twelve items from the Transportation and Seattle Public Utilities Committee for the full council meeting on Tuesday.
- Will present ten appointments, Council Bill 120557, and Council Bill 120574.
- The next Transportation and Seattle Public Utilities Committee meeting is scheduled for June 6th.
- Participated in the One Seattle Day of Service last Saturday.
- Councilmember Dan Strauss: District 6
- There are two items from the Land Use Committee for the full council meeting on Tuesday.
- Will present Council Bill 120534, which is a tree protection bill, and Council Bill 120535, which is a tree protection budget bill.
- Passed the Tree Protection Ordinance after making 50 amendments.
- The bill will be presented to the full council meeting on May 23rd for public comments and votes.
- Welcomed all city council members to attend the Land Use Committee meeting.
- Set the deadline for submitting amendments to Wednesday, May 17th.
- There will be a public hearing on May 24.
- The city council will vote on the passage of the bill on June 20th.
- Councilmember Teresa Mosqueda: Citywide
- There are three items from the Finance and Housing Committee for the full council meeting on Tuesday
- Will present Council Bill 120572, which approves the 2022 budget increases.
- Will present Council Bill 120573, which requests approval for a 2023 budget increase, and Council Bill.
- Heard the April forecast report from the Office of Economic and Revenue forecast last week.
- The next Housing Levy Committee will meet on May 31st to prepare the introduction of the Housing Levy Proposal.
- The Committee will meet again on June 7th to vote on any amendments before being presented to the full council.
- The Finance and Housing Committee will meet again in early July to discuss the revenue situation.
- Recognize the opening of a Community Field sponsored by the Seattle Housing Authority, the Rave Foundation, and Sounders FC.
- Councilmember Sara Nelson: Citywide
- There are two items from the Economic Development, Technology, and City Light Committee for the full council meeting on Tuesday.
- Will present Council Bill 120576, which is a distribution easement ordinance.
- Will present Council Bill 120576, which is a platted easement ordinance.
- Release legislation that makes the use of illegal drugs in public spaces a simple misdemeanor with Councilmember Pedersen last week.
- Updated the original bill to align with the state law. The updated bill will be presented to the full council on June 6th.
- Joined King County Councilmember Reagan Dunn, State Representative Lauren Davis, and King County Department of Community and Human Services Leo Flor for the King County’s 2023 Conference on Substance Disorder on Thursday, May 11.
- Attended the 49th Seattle International Film Festival, the Port of Seattle’s annual Maritime Day breakfast.
- Participated in the mid-authorization of a bill passed by the Metropolitan Improvement District with the Mayor, Councilmember Andrew Lewis, and the downtown community.
- Met with the new CEO of MoPOP, Michelle Smith.
State Legislation Update:
- Council Bill 120578: AN ORDINANCE relating to City employment, commonly referred to as the Second Quarter 2023 Employment Ordinance; returning positions to the civil service system; exempting positions from the civil service system; and amending Section 4.13.010 of the Seattle Municipal Code; all by a 2/3 vote of the City Council.
- Sponsored by Council President Debora Juarez; presented by Councilmember Alex Pedersen
- 7 Yes
- Council Bill 120534: AN ORDINANCE relating to tree protection; balancing the need for housing production and increasing tree protections; and amending Sections 23.44.020, 23.47A.016, 23.48.055, 23.76.004, 23.76.006, and Chapter 25.11 of the Seattle Municipal Code.
- Sponsored by Councilmember Daniel Strauss
- Councilmember Pedersen made a motion to postpone the vote to June 22nd.
- 2 Yes (Councilmember Herbold and Pedersen) and 5 No
- 6 Yes and 1 No (Councilmember Pedersen)
- Council Bill 120535: AN ORDINANCE amending Ordinance 126725, which adopted the 2023 Budget; changing appropriations for various departments and budget control levels, and from various funds; and creating positions; all by a 3/4 vote of the City Council.
- Sponsored by Councilmember Daniel Strauss
- 7 Yes
- Council Bill 120572: AN ORDINANCE amending Ordinance 126490, which adopted the 2022 Budget, including the 2022-2027 Capital Improvement Program (CIP); changing appropriations to various departments and budget control levels, and from various funds in the Budget; and ratifying and confirming certain prior acts; all by a 3/4 vote of the City Council.
- Sponsored by Councilmember Teresa Masqueda
- 7 Yes
- Council Bill 120573: AN ORDINANCE amending Ordinance 126725, which adopted the 2023 Budget, including the 2023-2028 Capital Improvement Program (CIP); changing appropriations to various departments and budget control levels, and from various funds in the Budget; and ratifying and confirming certain prior acts; all by a 3/4 vote of the City Council.
- Sponsored by Councilmember Daniel Strauss
- 7 Yes
- Council Bill 120563: AN ORDINANCE relating to historic preservation; imposing controls upon Madison Middle School, a landmark designated by the Landmarks Preservation Board under Chapter 25.12 of the Seattle Municipal Code, and adding it to the Table of Historical Landmarks contained in Chapter 25.32 of the Seattle Municipal Code.
- Sponsored by Councilmember Tammy Morales
- 7 Yes
- Council Bill 120564: AN ORDINANCE relating to historic preservation; imposing controls upon Magnolia Elementary School, a landmark designated by the Landmarks Preservation Board under Chapter 25.12 of the Seattle Municipal Code, and adding it to the Table of Historical Landmarks contained in Chapter 25.32 of the Seattle Municipal Code.
- Sponsored by Councilmember Tammy Morales
- 7 Yes
- Council Bill 120565: AN ORDINANCE relating to historic preservation; imposing controls upon Daniel Bagley Elementary School, a landmark designated by the Landmarks Preservation Board under Chapter 25.12 of the Seattle Municipal Code, and adding it to the Table of Historical Landmarks contained in Chapter 25.32 of the Seattle Municipal Code.
- Sponsored by Councilmember Tammy Morales
- 7 Yes
- Council Bill 120566: AN ORDINANCE relating to historic preservation; imposing controls upon West Seattle High School, a landmark designated by the Landmarks Preservation Board under Chapter 25.12 of the Seattle Municipal Code, and adding it to the Table of Historical Landmarks contained in Chapter 25.32 of the Seattle Municipal Code.
- Sponsored by Councilmember Tammy Morales
- 7 Yes
- Council Bill 120557: AN ORDINANCE relating to the Department of Transportation's Hazard Mitigation Program; authorizing the Director of the Department of Transportation to acquire, accept, and record, on behalf of The City of Seattle, a Catchment Wall Easement from Paul Tan and Ly Ngoc Tan, a married couple, located in a portion of Lot 7, Block 35, Rainier Beach, and a Catchment Wall Easement from Gracie Lee Young, located in a portion of Lot 8, Block 35, Rainier Beach; for the purpose of extending the protection of the adjacent roadway of superficial surface erosion of the adjacent slopes along a portion of Rainier Avenue South; placing the real property rights under the jurisdiction of the Seattle Department of Transportation; and ratifying and confirming certain prior acts.
- Sponsored by Councilmember Alex Pedersen
- 7 Yes
- Council Bill 120574: AN ORDINANCE relating to Seattle Public Utilities; declaring certain real property rights at the Foy Pump Station property (500 NE 145th St) as being surplus to the City's municipal utility needs; authorizing the sale of 451 square feet of King County Parcel 756870-0780 and 460 square feet of King County Parcel 756870-0775, and granting 1,201 square feet and 453 square feet on the same respective parcels for 3-year term temporary construction easements to the City of Shoreline for the purposes of the 145th Street and I-5 Interchange Project; directing the proceeds therefrom to Seattle Public Utilities' Water Fund; and ratifying and confirming certain prior acts.
- Sponsored by Councilmember Alex Pedersen
- 7 Yes
The Office of Intergovernmental Relations (OIR) director Gael Tarleton, State Relations Director Samir Junejo, and State Legislative Liaison Anna Johnson gave a presentation on legislation regarding climate and environment, healthcare and behavioral health, housing and homelessness, labor and commerce, public safety, drug possession and treatment, social programs and education, the capital budget, transportation.
- Here are links to some of the bills: Senate Bill 5144, House Bill 1181, House Bill 1216, Senate Bill 5165, House Bill 1329, Senate Bill 5082, House Bill 1155, House Bill 1340, House Bill 1469, Senate Bill 5242, House Bill 1134, Senate Bill 5120, House Bill 1110, House Bill 1042, House Bill 1293, Senate Bill 5412, House Bill 1474, House Bill 1074, Senate Bill 5080, Senate Bill 5236, Senate Bill 5217, House Bill 1240, House Bill 1143, Senate Bill 5078, Senate Bill 5352, Senate Bill 5087, House Bill 1324, Senate Bill 5440, Senate Bill 5536, House Bill 1238, House Bill 1436.
- Recognizing June 2nd as the Gun Violence Awareness Day
- Co-sponsored by Councilmember Daniel Strauss and Council President Pro Tempore Lisa Herbold
- 6 signature affixed
- Recognizing May 27, 2023, as Eritrean Independence Day
- Sponsored by Councilmember Tammy Morales
- 6 signature affixed
- Recognizing June 2023, as LGBTQ Month
- Sponsored by Councilmember Tammy Morales
- 6 signature affixed
- Recognizing May 28th as Pride Asia Day
- Sponsored by Councilmember Tammy Morales
- 6 signature affixed
- Many commenters spoke in support of the tree ordinance, arguing it is balanced and a necessary compromise.
- Many commenters spoke against the tree ordinance, commenting it disproportionately benefits developers at the expense of environmental health, affordable housing, and social equity.
- Many commenters urged the council to delay voting on the tree protection bill to further consult stakeholders.
- If you have any questions or feedback, please email us at [[email protected]](mailto:[email protected]), and we will get the answers to your questions from the city council.
- Sign up here to receive this letter after every city council meeting.
- Go to https://www.purplely.org/ to get to know all the candidates in this year’s city council elections.
submitted by Ok-Supermarket4492
to WestSeattleWA [link] [comments]